MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Conditions Force 18 Tenants Out Of Monroe Building

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Conditions Force 18 Tenants Out Of Monroe Building  (Read 2088 times)

Monique

• Hero Talker
Re: Conditions Force 18 Tenants Out Of Monroe Building
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 09:39:50 PM »

You jackasses.... If people were so responsible and financially solvent, why the hell would they be renting from you?!!

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 09:44:14 PM »

a slumlord who doesn't provide a safe environment to live in because why should he, his scumbag tenants would probably just tear it up again anyway
Beautiful. Great reflection on who you are as a human being.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »

Got your panties in a bunch again Moaner.......... ;D

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 09:47:40 PM »

And an equally great reflection on your mindset.....

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »

My father was a great human being, provided a safe environment for his tenants, and they tore it up anyway. If you haven't travelled in the moccasins, maybe don't be so judgemental?

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 10:03:17 PM »

You jackasses.... If people were so responsible and financially solvent, why the hell would they be renting from you?!!
I was responsible and financially solvent; rented from the same landlord for 22 years, and was threatened with a lawsuit because the outer door was deteriorated. Why the hell did I rent from them? Oh, BTW, I planted about $2,000 worth of plants for them in the meantime.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 10:13:18 PM »

I am not a slumlord Monique.

That doesn't mean I don't understand the business model.

I have one house I rent out that I take absurdly good care of.  I am always asking what needs fixed.  I am always asking them if everything is okay, and if they are okay.

My renter works really hard, and I don't hassle them when they get behind - even though I know I should.  My friends who are landlords tell me I am lousy at being a landlord - and they are absolutely right, I am too lenient.  I treat people the way I would want to be treated.

They try.  They always try to catch up.  **** happens and I cut them slack. 

One thing - I don't rent to section 8.  I'd rather rent to someone who is working and busting their rear end to pay their own rent.  I could get more money if I did do section 8.  I have had people come to look at the house and tell me what they could pay me, and what the government would pay me.  I don't do that business - I don't have to if I don't want to.

So - thanks for judging me once again Monique.

Somehow I knew you would, and you didn't let me down.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

NewDawn

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 10:14:19 PM »

WHOA....not all landlords are slumlords, but then again, not all landlords are responsible landlords.
In my younger years I have lived in nice rentals. I took good care of the places and left them cleaner than when I moved in. I've had my share of bad landlords, who didn't want to repair things. This landlord is in big trouble. Did you read about the spliced wires all over in the basement? Did you read where the police/fire depts. evacuated the premises immediately? The heat was off since mid December and the water turned off a couple of weeks ago!!! I really hope the city inspectors get in there and make their reports.
This building should have been torn down years ago when the Volpi's quit doing business. It was in bad shape then.
everyday is a new beginning....

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 10:42:46 PM »

I thought you might be interested Sidecar, I put geothermal horizontal sealed system in the summer of 2012. Received my electric bill 4 days ago - total cost for heating last month was $76. My largest bill this summertime cooling was about $20. The system was not cheap. I switched from a hot water zoned system and had ductwork installed for both stories, I also had an on demand natural gas water heater put in with install. System used was a Bosch T/A, it was installed by Thompson out of Petersburg -------- total cost 25k.

Yipes, I wouldn't live long enough to recoup my money.  :-[
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »

Yipes, I wouldn't live long enough to recoup my money.  :-[

The US Taxpayer picks up 30% of the tab right off the top.....

That helps that payback immensely.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Hearshear

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 10:53:12 PM »

I believe the program was set to expire soon unless Congress reauthorized it.
It did help to the tune of 8K which had to be paid up front.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 11:03:31 PM »

I believe the program was set to expire soon unless Congress reauthorized it.
It did help to the tune of 8K which had to be paid up front.

It is currently good through December 2016.

Still time to get new converts!
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 11:21:28 PM »

So, they way I read it, you get a welfare check even though you don't qualify for welfare.  Interisting.  Obama's green inititative I guess.

So I pay it up front and get it back in the end....  how quaint.

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 11:23:17 PM »

So, they way I read it, you get a welfare check even though you don't qualify for welfare.  Interisting.  Obama's green inititative I guess.

So I pay it up front and get it back in the end....  how quaint.

Get it back in the REAR end?
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 11:32:55 PM »

No, not exactly.  But then I'm not comfortable with taking government handouts of any kind.

BTW, MN knows that I own the property next door, my 'rental' so to speak.  My first and last.  I prefer vacant land to hunt on so I bought a parcel up north and the only tennants have 4 legs and fur except for the turkeys with 2 legs and feathers.

I admit I'm a terrible landlord.  I want my renters to respect the fact that it's my property and it actually cost a pile money.  I had one out of 3 that actually had some respect.  The other 2 were dirtbags.

I started out in my younger life renting and I respected the fact that my landlord paid for or was paying for ther dwelling I lived in and I respected his property.  I guess people today (for the most part) have lost that ethic, sort of like employees in the job market.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up