MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Schutte ot Whitmer, the lesser evil?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schutte ot Whitmer, the lesser evil?  (Read 598 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Schutte ot Whitmer, the lesser evil?
« on: November 01, 2018, 11:12:54 AM »

Don't care for either and looks like Schutte is going to have his political aspirations come to a crashing end.  No issue with me, however Whitmer is an offshoot of Granholm with her ideals firmly implanted.

I voted for neither.

Too bad when politics come down to picking the lesser evil or not choosing at all.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Schutte ot Whitmer, the lesser evil?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 09:41:39 AM »

Very interesting op-ed on Townhall this morning about Gretchen Whitmer.  Things I did not realize that would have a very profound impact on the state and not in a positive way.

While I voted for neither candidate because in my view they are both turds, the article really sheds some light on Whitmer that I did not know before......

https://townhall.com/columnists/ajrice/2018/11/02/will-michigan-become-a-sanctuary-state-under-gretchen-whitmer-n2534218?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »

I wont vote for either.  Writing in Mr. Colebeck.

As far as what you dug up on Whitty... no surprise.  She is a Democrat and until just yesterday that is what EVERY Democrat was about.  Seeing in the news today all the D's in tight races are now trying to distance themselves from Pelosi, Shumer and Obama calling that the "crazy wing" of the party.  So now they have to lie about how they are going to vote after they get elected just to get elected, its about time these vermin get flushed down the drain.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 05:46:46 PM »

I wont vote for either.  Writing in Mr. Colebeck.

As far as what you dug up on Whitty... no surprise.  She is a Democrat and until just yesterday that is what EVERY Democrat was about.  Seeing in the news today all the D's in tight races are now trying to distance themselves from Pelosi, Shumer and Obama calling that the "crazy wing" of the party.  So now they have to lie about how they are going to vote after they get elected just to get elected, its about time these vermin get flushed down the drain.

Like I said I voted for neither either.  When I read that piece about Whitmer I almost fell off my chair.  She gets elected and we have 4 years of Granholm again.

Least I have a clean conscience with it.

Honestly, I'm up to there with the political crap.  being deluged with political propaganda (and that is exactly what it is, propaganda,) prior to the election has made me ill.  90% of these incumbents have done nothing to help the state or the people that I can see.  They all talk a good game but when the rubber meets the road, they all waffle.

In Schutte's case, I always thought he had his sights on much loftier offices than the governor so I'm glad he's about to get clipped.  Whitmer, on the other hand, just scares me,  I find it hard to believe that out of all the candidates these two scumbags emerge.

Even Todd Courser is better than either of them....lol

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 03:03:27 AM »

Dim Whitty will be hamstrung by having a GOP House and Senate and will either:

a: go along to get along
b: get ZERO accomplished
or c: realize she has little support, signs everything the R's put forward and then take credit for being the greatest bi-partisan governor ever with a boatload of accomplishments....

Knowing what I know about politics, Whitty will run as option C in the fall of 2022..... THEN do everything she can to run the ship ashore when she gets re-elected.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 09:15:38 AM »

I find it sadly amusing that the governors race has distilled down to two turds and I hope the people of Michigan come to the realization that Whitmer is Granholm in drag and don't give her a second term.  I would never vote for her.

She even looks like Granholm....  You'd think the people of this state were smarter than that.  Guess not.

The 'nerd' turned into a turd himself.  Must be the water in the Cedar River than changes politicians from do gooders to do badders....

I knew the nerd was on the slide when he initiated the pension tax by executive order.  Taxed to death in Michigan with little or no return on investment....

Finally, I see Pilkington (Old Castle) is building a huge float glass plant SE of Toldeo, near Luckey.  I heard that they were considering Michigan as a location but that fell through.  Must be the Nerd didn't want them here, 500 plus jobs down the toilet.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2018, 09:25:57 PM »

Dim Whitty will be hamstrung by having a GOP House and Senate and will either:

a: go along to get along
b: get ZERO accomplished
or c: realize she has little support, signs everything the R's put forward and then take credit for being the greatest bi-partisan governor ever with a boatload of accomplishments....

Knowing what I know about politics, Whitty will run as option C in the fall of 2022..... THEN do everything she can to run the ship ashore when she gets re-elected.

C Sounds like Bill Clinton after the first Mid-Terms.

Newt Gingrich saved him, and he was smart enough to take credit for all of it.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 08:47:17 PM »

Anyway you cut the cheese, it's all bad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up