MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > How far can Snyder and crew kick the can on a 'new' road funding formula?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: How far can Snyder and crew kick the can on a 'new' road funding formula?  (Read 18242 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: How far can Snyder and crew kick the can on a 'new' road funding formula?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 06:03:20 PM »

An article from the A2 News on how the 'can kicker' is doing nothing while the roads are deteriorating and how much more it will take to repair them with no action on Snyder's Campaign Promises >:( >:( >:(

http://www.annarbor.com/news/costs-for-repairs-will-go-up-if-michigan-lawmakers-dont-fix-the-roads-soon/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

toobad

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 07:21:27 PM »

Both parties can keep kicking until the people get serious about our governments actions.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 07:40:02 PM »

An article from the A2 News on how the 'can kicker' is doing nothing while the roads are deteriorating and how much more it will take to repair them with no action on Snyder's Campaign Promises >:( >:( >:(

http://www.annarbor.com/news/costs-for-repairs-will-go-up-if-michigan-lawmakers-dont-fix-the-roads-soon/

and I said (in another thread) that he don't care, he's hauled around by a chauffer in a State Police car.  Actually, they should stuff him in the trunk and drive the car into the Cedar River........... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »

and I said (in another thread) that he don't care, he's hauled around by a chauffer in a State Police car.  Actually, they should stuff him in the trunk and drive the car into the Cedar River........... ;D

I got caught in A2 one day when Governor Granholm was passing through and she was in a a big SUV!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 12:03:22 PM »

Was stated early on by Snyder that the State Police would transport him, maybe it is an SUV, painted blue????

Wonder if it has Monroe (Tenneco) shocks and suspension components?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 12:37:54 PM »

Was stated early on by Snyder that the State Police would transport him, maybe it is an SUV, painted blue????

Wonder if it has Monroe (Tenneco) shocks and suspension components?

The one granny was using was state police blue with a driver plus a navigator (shotgun) AND a marked SP car both fore and aft of her ride.

I figured they knew YOU were in the area and just wanted to make sure you stayed away from her :o :o :o

Seems like there was an A2 police cruiser out front too...

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 01:57:43 PM »

Politico's 'think' they are special.  They aren't.

BTW, what rock is Granny under now???

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 05:53:45 PM »

You know they're getting bad when this happens!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »

Summerfield and Ida are out on a 2 car collision with injuries...  in all my years of fire service and listening to a scanner this is the very first time I ever heard the trucks exchanging info on where the bad potholes are while they're trying to get to the scene.

Makes you wonder how many emergency responses across the state have been delayed due to potholes to the point of someones injuries getting worse or even dying.  I wonder how many collisions resulting from potholes have resulted in a death?

I wonder if the Governor's office has a 'flower fund' to send flowers to the funerals of these victims?

Maybe they can't afford flowers with all the cans they have to buy.  Even kicking a can down a potholed road is harder on the can than on a smooth road :o :o :o

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 08:25:28 PM »

Why I like being home at dusk.  I can see the potholes and avoid them (if at all possible) when there is some light.

Driving at night, in the country is like playing Russian Roulette.  There might be that crater you don't see that eats your suspension....  or worse.

I know they are bad and deep when a 11.00 x 24.5 on a semi tractor gets sucked in and everything in the cab is flying around......  Including my coffee....

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 08:44:23 PM »

We just drove back after dark from Milan......it definitely requires slowing down and being much more cautious in an attempt to keep from hitting them head on.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 10:32:56 AM »

We just drove back after dark from Milan......it definitely requires slowing down and being much more cautious in an attempt to keep from hitting them head on.

Slowing down is the keyword.

Maybe the MCRC can develop a 'speed limit' advisory for the pothole season.  I still maintain that people need something more for the potholes than for the snow advisory.  Most of the slip and slides in a snowstorm are 'soft landings' with very little or no damage...  not so much the case with potholes.  I've heard of people doing upwards of 2500 $nyders in damages to their tire, wheel and suspension!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 11:29:03 PM »

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) - Michigan taxpayers will get $100 back from the state under an income tax roll-back plan.

The plan cleared a House Committee in Lansing Wednesday, but as 6 News Capitol Correspondent Tim Skubick reports, some lawmakers think that money should fix the roads.

The state has a surplus and some of the people in that building want to return part of it to you, but others want to use the money to fix the roads and on this day, the roads lost.

The Republicans on the House Taxation Committee ignored the Governor's proposal to reduce property taxes as they voted instead to gradually rollback the state income tax rate.

Reporter: "How much would you get back?"

"Its a savings of about $100 a year. Democrats tried to redirect the money into the roads but republicans blocked it," said State Representative Jeff Farrington, (r), Macomb County.

State Representative Vicki Barnett (d), Farmington Hills: "Before we start sending $20 to the average taxpayer, which doesn't cover one-tenth of the cost of a front end alignment that they have to have, we should look at fixing the infrastructure."

The latest polling data suggests 38 percent of the voters want to fix the roads and only 11 percent want a tax rebate.

But this conservative contends, taxpayers who created the surplus should get part of it back.

Scott Hagerstrom, Americans for Prosperity, "They passed a tax cut for every single taxpayer working in Michigan."

Reporter: "Would the money be better spent on the roads?"
http://www.wlns.com/story/24769278/lawmakers-debate-where-taxpayer-dollars-should-go

Anyone that votes for a republican is a fool.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2014, 11:36:48 PM »

Slowing down is the keyword.

Maybe the MCRC can develop a 'speed limit' advisory for the pothole season.  I still maintain that people need something more for the potholes than for the snow advisory.  Most of the slip and slides in a snowstorm are 'soft landings' with very little or no damage...  not so much the case with potholes.  I've heard of people doing upwards of 2500 $nyders in damages to their tire, wheel and suspension!

I heard at work that a number of shops in Toledo are not taking any new customers, they are so backed up with pothole collaterial damage, bent rims, busted ball joints, blown shocks, busted stabilizer bars.  I know Benore flat sucks and so does Detroit down toward the hood, out to hill.

Even the OTP is rough.  I went to Cleveland this morning and I was rock'in and roll'in in the curb lane at milepost 100-120.  At least at 70, you fly over the smaller ones.....

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2014, 11:45:03 PM »

I heard at work that a number of shops in Toledo are not taking any new customers, they are so backed up with pothole collaterial damage, bent rims, busted ball joints, blown shocks, busted stabilizer bars.  I know Benore flat sucks and so does Detroit down toward the hood, out to hill.

Even the OTP is rough.  I went to Cleveland this morning and I was rock'in and roll'in in the curb lane at milepost 100-120.  At least at 70, you fly over the smaller ones.....
While at first glance it may appear that the potholes are having a positive effect on the economy...
Any possible road rebuilding process would have a positive economic effect as well...perhaps even larger.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20   Go Up