MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Hobbies & Arts > Massive Sinkhole Swallows Vintage Corvettes

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Massive Sinkhole Swallows Vintage Corvettes  (Read 4523 times)

Viper52

• Hero Talker
Re: Massive Sinkhole Swallows Vintage Corvettes
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 10:39:26 AM »

I see they've lifted 2 of the 'victims' out so far...

Saw video last night of them starting one of them.  It sounded good!  I can't find that video though.  Maybe later!

http://www.freep.com/article/20140303/BUSINESS01/303030098/National-Corvette-Museum-sinkhole

They have actually lifted 3 out so far BRD.

I have been watching since the first was pulled out and they started it. The second one, the front end was in bad shape. The third one was the black '62. Here are the links. The first link shows a video of the '62 after it was out.

National Corvette Museum on USTREAM: Since 1953 the Corvette has been America's Sports Car. The National Corvette Museum was established as a 501(c)3 not-f...

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/webcam/camera6.shtml

http://www.corvettemuseum.org/webcam/camera14.shtml

There are laws to protect the freedom of the press's speech, but none that are worth anything to protect the people from the press.
Mark Twain

˙ɥʇnoɯ uo ƃuol puɐ sɹɐǝ uo ʇɹoɥs ǝɹɐ ɯnɹoɟ sıɥʇ ɟo ǝldoǝd ǝɯos

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 02:00:12 PM »

Thanks for the links Viper...

I'll be switching between the puppy cam and the 'vette cam now!

They've got several inches of snow around the museum.

I wonder if we can get them to have the transport stop in Monroe when they haul them back to do the repair work?
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Viper52

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »

Thanks for the links Viper...

I'll be switching between the puppy cam and the 'vette cam now!

They've got several inches of snow around the museum.

I wonder if we can get them to have the transport stop in Monroe when they haul them back to do the repair work?

There was a woman that was posting in the comments section on the ustream link that is married to the guy who did the live stream when they were pulling them out. She said that her husband told her they are going to show the cars as they are until August 3rd. They will then be taken to GM's Warren Tech Center to be restored.
There are laws to protect the freedom of the press's speech, but none that are worth anything to protect the people from the press.
Mark Twain

Viper52

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 02:14:35 PM »

I was watching yesterday when they pulled the black '62 out. That same woman said it would probably be about 10 days before they tried to pull any of the others out. She said they have to dig and remove some of the dirt and concrete slabs first. The 3 they have out,  they had to do each one differently.
Mark Twain

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up