MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Pets > Kitten pictures for Cat Lady and The Fuzz!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Kitten pictures for Cat Lady and The Fuzz!!!  (Read 4706 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Kitten pictures for Cat Lady and The Fuzz!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 08:52:32 AM »

I have the newer model of that.  The hand crank screw was replaced with an pneumatic air cylinder that fires it into position.

Here is one of mine.....I was shocked at the damage a pheasant could do to a cat with those spurs.  I wasn't about to let it in the house once it started bleeding.

Our cats have watched the turkeys out the window...

they don't seem to get near as excited as if they see a starling or a sparrow out there ;) ;) ;)

This is our big 'fluffy' cat last night going for a catscan... 

She was sound asleep on my scanner but she started stirring as I was getting the camera ;) ;) ;)

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 10:58:02 AM »

It appears the house cats are all non-mousers.  CL has a field mouse in the laundry room and one under the computer desk and the cats ignore them....  How quaint.

She said she opened the lid on the washer machine this morning and a mouse jumped out.  My comment was, 'slam the lid and turn the washer on the 'dirty cycle'......

Marne likes to pull the insoles out of my boots, but mouser, not.

I bet if CL removes the always available cat food for a while, the non-mousers will become mousers.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 09:56:21 PM »

One of our cats brought home a full grown wild rabbit last weekend, and a few days before that it brought home a chipmunk. We have never seen a chipmunk around here in the 35 years we lived here. The rabbit was dead but the chipmunk was still alive. It always brings home birds that are still alive and wants to bring them in the house. It will sit in the fork of the tree by the hummingbird feeder trying to catch one. The dumb hummingbirds will dive at them trying to scare them away.
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 10:35:43 PM »

It sounds like your cat is a keeper Tiny!

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 10:42:19 PM »

The problem is my wife lets them in without checking and the cat releases the bird in the house. Then the chase begins. Cats flying through the house with claws a flailing, just try to stay out of the way so you don't get shredded.

We had a black bird in the house and it came flying up the hall and my son was looking down the hall. It flew directly toward his face and my son jerked his head so quick he banged his head into the refrigerator. I thought he knocked himself out.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:39:45 PM by Tiny »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 07:42:30 AM »

The problem is my wife lets them in without checking and the cat releases the bird in the house. Then the chase begins. Cats flying through the house with claws a flailing, just try to stay out of the way so you don't get shredded.

We had a black bird in the house and it came flying up the hall and my son was looking down the hall. It flew directly toward his face and my son jerked his head so quick he banged his head I to the refrigerator. I thought he knocked himself out.  ;D

We still have one cat left that goes in and out regularly and we've learned to check her close before we let her in after dark.  She likes to bring her 'prey' home to show off too!
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 09:52:31 AM »

Yea, we still have the hunter here too.....a male that was not part of that family that the ladies of the house rescued.

Had to chase him off a little bunny in the Spring, and he frequently leaves "presents" at the front door.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 12:18:56 PM »

Yeah, headless shrews mainly.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 03:33:16 PM »

Yup.

I'm wondering how much fun I could have buzzing the cats if I had a drone and could pilot it.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 09:24:27 PM »

You don't need a drone.

Get one of those little remote control helicopters.

50 or 100 bucks.  You can even get a camera on them so you can see the look on kittys face as you buzz them.

I have plenty of fun with the laser pen collection I got from suppliers over the years.....  hours of entertainment.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 09:55:20 PM »

Yup.

I'm wondering how much fun I could have buzzing the cats if I had a drone and could pilot it.

Wouldn't it be great if you could mount a GoPro camera on their head and see what they do all day long?

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 10:00:25 PM »

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 10:27:14 PM »

My luck the cat would snag it on something and lose it.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 11:01:41 PM »

You don't need a drone.

Get one of those little remote control helicopters.

50 or 100 bucks.  You can even get a camera on them so you can see the look on kittys face as you buzz them.

I have plenty of fun with the laser pen collection I got from suppliers over the years.....  hours of entertainment.

Wonder if you could arm one to where it would shoot those play darts?

Wouldn't it be great if you could mount a GoPro camera on their head and see what they do all day long?

All I would see is film footage of puking.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2014, 07:22:18 AM »

How about this handy device then?

You can at least know your kittys range.....  start knowing why all the neighborhood cats look a little familiar.

http://www.amazon.com/Tagg-GPS-Pet-Tracker-Attachment/dp/B0077I42S4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407064871&sr=8-1&keywords=GPS+Tracker+for+cat
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up