MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Received an interesting and to the point e-mail from a good friend today.....

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Received an interesting and to the point e-mail from a good friend today.....  (Read 4638 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

Hmmmm...  Could be.

But I think the reason Team Brown left is that they kept calling us childish names (I don't think I was called a dick since grade school!), and we never stooped to her level.  Posting things like Blah, blah, blah (and even that fourth "Blah" now and then), isn't the reaction they were looking for.

No doubt!  They wanted us to stoop to their level - which of course they claim is our level?

It has to be frustrating the the best they get back is "juvenile" and "moronic" - their opinion, not mine.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

lilly

• Hero Talker

No doubt!  They wanted us to stoop to their level - which of course they claim is our level?

It has to be frustrating the the best they get back is "juvenile" and "moronic" - their opinion, not mine.
You have one too many "the"'s there. I'm guessing that it should be "that the".

What a steaming pile of brown dung!

(corrected thanks to Brian)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 10:49:18 AM by lilly »
Contestant 1: I'll take "Emotions of the Conservatives" for 1000 Alex.
Alex Trebek: These two emotions are the bane of Conservative existence.

Contestant 1: What are "empathy and compassion?"
Alex Trebek: "You're right for $1000"

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker

You got one too many "the"'s there. I'm guessing that it should be "that the".

What a steaming pile of brown dung!
And your comment should start out "You have" or "You've Got"

lilly

• Hero Talker

Touche!

Well at least you didn't correct me on the "steaming pile of brown dung" comment part of it, so at least I got that right. :D

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker

Touche!

Well at least you didn't correct me on the "steaming pile of brown dung" comment part of it, so at least I got that right. :D
I choose to leave the childish behavior alone.

lilly

• Hero Talker

Nonsense. I've seen you partake before.
Right there for example. :D

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker

Nonsense. I've seen you partake before.Right there for example. :D
Some of you choose to call names because of a perceived political designation. That is the childish behavior I choose not to engage in.
If you wish to argue a point, I'm generally all in.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!

I've grown to appreciate these grammar comments......I hope I can retain and utilize them, but those things I did in the 70's when the old timers used to warn me that that stuff would burn my mind may not allow me to retain it.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

Some of the grammar stuff is starting to sink in!

Keep up the free tutoring please!

I also have short and long term memory issues, so frequent reinforcement may be necessary.

Please continue to be courteous and patient as always?

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monique

• Hero Talker

It IS your level. You own it and everyone can see it.

I think you finally did it Livewire.

I think you scared away Team Brown.

I'm telling you - that fourth Blah was WAY over the top.
Good job, MN! Keep that pot a stirrin'!! Dick.

Hmmmm...  Could be.

But I think the reason Team Brown left is that they kept calling us childish names (I don't think I was called a dick since grade school!), and we never stooped to her level.  Posting things like Blah, blah, blah (and even that fourth "Blah" now and then), isn't the reaction they were looking for.
I'm simply trying to find what resonates with you. Tried nice, didn't work. Tried showing you how it feels to be hounded and screeched at, didn't work. Now I'm going back to the schoolyard which seems to be the level of your (plural) understanding.

Bottom line: No one likes the way this forum has degenerated. Team Red is always on the offense, chasing everyone who disagrees with them away. Sniping, snarking, stalking, and threatening. You guys have acted like schoolyard bullies, and we aren't going to take it anymore. EVERYONE can see how you are behaving. No one likes it except Team Red. We don't want bullies on this playground. Understand?

Please stop your offensive, aggressive behavior now. Please speak to others with dignity and respect. Team Blue will do likewise.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Monique

• Hero Talker

Moaner, that applies to you in spades.  In your case arrogant and condescending can be added as well.
Feel free to continue to ignore me as you always always promise, but never ever deliver.  8*

Monique

• Hero Talker

Thank you, Brian. I--for one--appreciate it.  :)

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker

Thank you, Brian. I--for one--appreciate it.  :)
You could also lead by example by stopping the "team" designations. I am so sick of what this type of "teamwork" has done to our entire country. We are all in this together, and should all want to survive as a nation. While stopping on this little read forum will do very little on a grand scale, it can't hurt to start somewhere.  ;)

lilly

• Hero Talker

Some of you choose to call names because of a perceived political designation. That is the childish behavior I choose not to engage in.
If you wish to argue a point, I'm generally all in.
I see. So you choose to be more selective in the types of childish behavior you engage in, and that yore your you're willing to treat everyone equally?

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker

I see. So you choose to be more selective in the types of childish behavior you engage in, and that yore your you're willing to treat everyone equally?
It is a shame that some choose to post only to antagonize or to entice others into an argument.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up