MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Erie Child Rapist Paroled, Set To Be Released

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Erie Child Rapist Paroled, Set To Be Released  (Read 250 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Erie Child Rapist Paroled, Set To Be Released
« on: April 07, 2014, 06:47:24 PM »

There is something about this case I just don't understand!  And please don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily advocating that he should be free and on the street.  There are two parts I don't understand but I think it has something to do with he was originally sentenced before Michigan had 'truth in sentencing' guidelines.

I guess I have 2 questions:

1.  He was sentenced to serve 25-60 years in 1994 which is only 20 years ago right now.  How is he even eligible for parole ??? ??? ???

2.  After he has served his 'minimum' sentence and has met all the criteria for parole how can they keep him after that.  Wouldn't that be like going into Meijer and buying the $5.49 container of coffee and going up to the checkout and paying for it and starting to leave when someone at the doors tells you that the coffee is now going to cost you $4 more?  If this guy is so dangerous to society then why was he only sentenced to a minimum sentence of 25 years?  I know that seemed like a long time back when he was sentenced but now here we are having to deal with this all over again.  It has to be very traumatic for the relatives of the victim to have to go through this all over again.

And for the record even though I know a lot of people in Erie I don't recognize any of the names mentioned in the article:

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/apr/01/erie-child-rapist-paroled-set-be-released/?top-stories
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: [1]   Go Up