MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Dog Murder?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Dog Murder?  (Read 1748 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Dog Murder?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 10:26:17 PM »

I'm not a Lawyer either - but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 11:14:19 PM »

I don't often pretend to be other people, but when I do I prefer lawyers
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2014, 07:55:06 AM »

He definitely has some explaining to do.

That just ain't right......my first chuckle of the day!

Support the local economy as much as possible!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 08:51:41 AM »

<sarcasm on>
It appears that Monroe County Sheriff's think it's proper to detain and destroy dogs all the time, so in this case the guy saved them the hassle of putting it in "jail" (animal control) while the courts decided if the dog was dangerous... 

(from past cases)   
<sarcasm off>

It appears the eye witness wasn't something the police wanted to put credibility into...   so they let a guy go free to roam and shoot other wandering dogs... 

I guess my next call for Charter will insist that the contractor doesn't have any weapons... 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2014, 08:54:56 AM »

I was watching while Charter was working at a house down the road one day this week.  A Charter truck there and then an obvious contractor truck.  It had magnetic signs but they were too small to read but the two guys worked together for over an hour so I'm pretty sure that's what was going on.  I wonder if it was the same guy?

If he's done this multiple times in the Dee then he has issues.  He's just way too jumpy to be around dogs...  or probably even people.  My oldest daughter goes to way more homes in a day than he does and in 7 years she's only been bit one time.  And that was a dog that never made a sound and just snuck up behind her and made one very silent bite. 

When a property owner (or tenant for that matter) orders up any type of service like this then the contractor becomes an 'invitee' and it is up to the property owner or tenant to make the property 'secure'.  Yes, that probably includes the neighbors dogs too if they normally range into the area where the contractor will be working. 

On the other side of it this is one of my major issues with Charter (we've begrudgingly had them for probably 15 years) is they give you a service window that's 4 hours wide.  If they could tell you they'd be there between 2 and 2:30 it would be much easier to 'secure' the area.

I have no idea if it's necessary for a contractor to carry a handgun in the Dee but I don't know of anywhere in Monroe County that I would feel it's necessary. 

Yes, I think if the info provided so far is mostly accurate and factual then he has issues.  I doubt the dog owner has much they can do in civil court since dogs by Michigan law have been deemed less valuable than even a chicken (Jan Jay target practice thread)!  The property owner 'may' have some options though.  I'd think it would all come down to was the property owner expecting a contractor to show up with a gun in his vehicle.

So, now when I call Charter, or Michigan Gas Utilities, or Consumer's Energy, or ATT, or South County Water do I have to specifically inform them that I have dogs and that I do NOT want them sending an armed service person or contractor ??? ??? ???

When the MGU meter reader was here one day back in the winter I had the front door open and the 3 dogs were basking in the sun.  When they started barking he went back to his truck and got some kind of a fancy stick...  looked like a cane but it had some kind of a fancy ball on the end that was opposite his hand.  I'm thinking it was some kind of a device to disperse something towards a dog?
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2014, 09:08:33 AM »

BRD:  some kind of a fancy stick...  looked like a cane but it had some kind of a fancy ball on the end that was opposite his hand.  I'm thinking it was some kind of a device to disperse something towards a dog?

Was it anything like this picture?  I am betting it was a club of sorts used as a weapon to strike an attacking animal or to hold it off.  Modeled after old African weapons, I believe.   Someone brought us one back from Africa years ago and it would really be a deadly weapon.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2014, 09:25:45 AM »

It was longer than that appears to be...  it had to be close to 48" long but it had the same ball on the end like that.  I'll try to catch him one day and ask him what it is.  I'll leave the dogs inside though.  The funny thing is we used to have a young gal read our meter and she would just play with the dogs when she was here ;) ;) ;)

Years ago and before we moved down here we had a propane business.  I delivered the 100# cylinders so always carried a 15" 'Crescent' wrench to change the cylinders.  Most of these tanks were in the back yard or right beside the house so of course you were always 'invading' the dog's territory.  I only had one dog actually come after me but we ended up reaching an agreement.  He'd stay just outside the range of my arm plus 15" and I wouldn't bust his skull wide open!!!

The guys that did the bulk delivery never worried...  if a dog ever had a dose of liquid propane to the face  (I don't recall the temperature it evaporates at but maybe Prof H recalls) and survives they will never go after another propane delivery person again!!!

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2014, 09:31:58 AM »

Maybe it's called a Whack-A-Doo ?

Or I suppose under the circumstances, a Whack-A-Dog ?
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2014, 09:32:16 AM »

Maybe a taser type rod?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2014, 09:37:21 AM »

Maybe a taser type rod?

I didn't notice any prongs and it was more spherical on the end but I'll bet that was it.  My Dad had some kind of an extendable rod that had several C cell batteries in it.  It delivered a shock and it would put a 2500 pound Polled Hereford bull right down on his knees.  It would probably have killed a dog.  At least there'd be little argument though that the do was being aggressive to get close enough to use that on them.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »

Maybe a taser type rod?

Mrs. Fuzz has something that looks like that!   ;D

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2014, 09:40:51 AM »

Mrs. Fuzz has something that looks like that!   ;D
She needs it!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2014, 09:52:39 AM »

Hers has a heavy duty cord......had to put a 240 volt dryer outlet near the bed.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »

Hers has a heavy duty cord......had to put a 240 volt dryer outlet near the bed.

Would that be AC or DC current ??? ??? ???

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2014, 12:48:11 PM »

Whichever one it is that a diesel powered back up generator is required.   ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up