MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What tool do you use most?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What tool do you use most?  (Read 2619 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: What tool do you use most?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 07:57:08 PM »

When I was in High School it was rumored that someone put something special in the re-fried beans at Taco Bell......

About the same consistency and texture, but maybe a little smellier.

I haven't ate there since.

At Mickey D's we aren't even allowed to spit in the food of rude customers.  They are very strict about that.

8*
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 08:36:24 PM »

Change the subj just a little.  Time for a new grass trimmer.
Anybody using the electric WORX.  I see them on TV a lot and see a 20V for $100-120 and a 32V around $150.
Any comments

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 08:47:49 PM »

Nope - I have a Ryobi 2 cycle gas that I only run on Ozone Action Alert days....  I've had it about 8 or 9 years now.

I go through a feed head about every 3 years - but those are interchangeable for the multi tool setup they came up with for it....  which wasn't so useful - but it is nice being able to put a new head on it easily for low cost.

Come to think of it I need to pick up a new head!

Thanks blue2!

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 09:08:19 PM »

Rechargeable drills are fine, I have a Dewalt (Black and Decker up brand) and a Bosch SDS Hammerdrill (don't tell MN)......

Rechargeable trimmers aren't.  I'f get a Stihl and be done with it.  Agri-Parts on Lewis is a Stihl dealer and he's a good guy to deal with, I go there and if he can put up with me, he must be okay....and they aren't that expensive either.  The Germans have figured out how to make an inexpensive trimmer in the United States......

I have a 30 year old Stihl FS66 straight shaft and it runs and runs plus you can put on a brush blade and take out small trees if you want to.  I run the poly-cut 3 blade head, no string at all.  3 nylon blades that free swing.  I have a string head but I never use it.

Took my deck apart.  I need at least 4 tapered roller bearings and some seals so I'll be going down to Detroit Ball Bearing tomorrow.  Dang bailer twine eats bearings....

My buddy said  that he wasn't able to take his spindles apart,  What he didn't do was heat the spindle casting.  Cast aluminum expands more than a steel race.  I heated the casting and the races fell out....  go figure.  If in stock, will be mowing soon..... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 09:09:56 PM »

When I was in High School it was rumored that someone put something special in the re-fried beans at Taco Bell......

About the same consistency and texture, but maybe a little smellier.

I haven't ate there since.

At Mickey D's we aren't even allowed to spit in the food of rude customers.  They are very strict about that.

8*

I just want to know how McDee's grows square fish...  Inquiring minds want to know?????

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2014, 09:52:58 PM »

I just happen to have a green 4020 or are you looking for something a tad newer ?

I am looking for a much newer machine, and that's a little small for what I'm looking for... But I could use it, if it's in good shape, and the price is right.

When you get a chance, can you email me your price, and maybe some pictures, please?
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 07:36:43 AM »

I just want to know how McDee's grows square fish...  Inquiring minds want to know?????

Trade Secret.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Feemster

• New Talker
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2019, 01:35:56 AM »

Most of the time i use my chainsaw sharpener for cutting of my trees in the backyard,Also i want your help in regarding buying some power tools for my woodworking workshop can anyone suggest me some good brands and tools which i will required for starting the workshop of my own. I have read this guide https://www.consumersbase.com/different-power-tools-list/ but couldn't able to find anything specific.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2019, 09:49:49 AM »

Right now the tool I use the most often is a bastard file.  I use it to sharpen the blades on my lawnmower and my hoe.  And some of my hand tools.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2019, 11:36:56 AM »

Most likely a hammer.... ;D

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2019, 11:38:04 AM »

Right now the tool I use the most often is a bastard file.  I use it to sharpen the blades on my lawnmower and my hoe.  And some of my hand tools.

Blue, I never sharpen lawnmower blades.  I just replace them every spring.  Agri-Supply sells Oregon branded blades cheap

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2019, 06:49:33 PM »

Leatherman. Everyone makes fun of me for always having one in my pocket---While they borrow it !!
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2019, 08:53:44 PM »

Leatherman. Everyone makes fun of me for always having one in my pocket---While they borrow it !!

... and I thought your comment would be a ball point pen.....lol

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2019, 09:13:25 PM »

The tool I use the most is my brain.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2019, 10:24:24 PM »

I have a couple of sets of blades. They don’t get beat up. I just like to keep them sharp. Seems like I get a cleaner cut.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up