MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What is your favorite carry gun?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your favorite carry gun?  (Read 6238 times)

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
What is your favorite carry gun?
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »

Well, since it was suggested in another thread, I think this thread is a great idea!
Also please feel free to discuss open carry, in addition to concealed carry.

My favorite carry gun is an H&K USP40 compact, Variant one.  A little big for easy concealment, but it fits my hand well, and is always reliable.  I like to open carry with this gun, too.  I use a Galco Concealable holster with this gun.

I also have carried a Smith & Wesson model 640, .357 Magnum.  A lot easier to conceal. 
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: What is your favorite carry gun?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 12:09:22 PM »

My old Tippman 98.  Great field weapon at organized events.

Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 12:16:29 PM »

My favorite is my Kahr PM9, due to the small size for ease of concealment, not to mention a high quality pistol. I use a clipdraw instead of a holster, as I carry abdominally and am up and down from my bench numerous times per day, and to date this has been the best fit for comfort.
During the winter, I also carry a Kahr P380 in the chest pocket of my jacket. Very small, very concealable, and very accurate for a micro 380.
I have also carried a variety of different pistols, ranging from a Glock 23 (.40) to one of my 1911s (.45), but I find their size difficult to completely conceal in a business environment.
Summer time brings another challenge. I will carry either my Kahr or Kimber Solo in a tuckable holster, but the easiest seems to be a .380 in a pocket holster.
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 12:37:28 PM »

I agree the .380's are a good choice for summer concealment. 

The Ruger LCP's and LC380's have been very popular.

Small cartridge, but better than nothing.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 01:24:39 PM »

I have the Sig Sauer P229,  9mm model, nice size for carry/conceal -

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 01:46:34 PM »

This morning it was a 'grease' gun...

This kind:

not this kind:

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 03:01:46 PM »

M&P .40 Pro Series.

I still hate that it doesn't have a thumb safety.....

But my cop friends keep telling me I don't want one.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 09:47:33 AM »

My favorite is my Kahr PM9, due to the small size for ease of concealment, not to mention a high quality pistol. I use a clipdraw instead of a holster, as I carry abdominally and am up and down from my bench numerous times per day, and to date this has been the best fit for comfort.
During the winter, I also carry a Kahr P380 in the chest pocket of my jacket. Very small, very concealable, and very accurate for a micro 380.
I have also carried a variety of different pistols, ranging from a Glock 23 (.40) to one of my 1911s (.45), but I find their size difficult to completely conceal in a business environment.
Summer time brings another challenge. I will carry either my Kahr or Kimber Solo in a tuckable holster, but the easiest seems to be a .380 in a pocket holster.

It seems like us guys always have 'concealment' issues in this department...

but the gals can actually use what they've got for enhancing their concealment:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAYu0-BOBEo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r6CY5UZyw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S72aeGdKmZw

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 10:05:40 AM »

Those are pretty slick!
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 10:08:42 AM »

Those are pretty slick!

The holsters were nice too ;) ;) ;)

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 10:19:25 AM »

The holsters were nice too ;) ;) ;)
Holsters?? I didn't see no stinkin' holsters!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 07:10:58 PM »

What cup size do you need to properly conceal with one of those?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

ell

• Hero Talker
  • Nothing beats a good paddle
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 08:31:40 PM »

Either a Glock 27 (.40) or a Sig P238 (.380).  The Sig is pretty light, although I might look into the new Glock .380.  It's lighter than the Sig, but I believe it has a slightly bigger frame.  But the light weight is good for carrying while on the motorcycle.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thouroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 09:58:23 PM »

For the .380 crowd......  a question.

Didn't we all go away from 9 mm because it is a pea shooter without knock down power sorely lacking in important characteristics that you would want if you ever had to shoot someone who meant you harm?

And isn't the 9 mm a powerful round when it is compared to a .380?

I know .380 pistols are nice and small and easy to conceal, and I wouldn't want to get shot by one, but............

Wouldn't you really rather have a 9 mm or a .38 or a .40 or.......?

Or is it just the size that is the attraction, and comfort and concealability is the driving factor?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

ell

• Hero Talker
  • Nothing beats a good paddle
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 10:01:53 PM »

For the .380 crowd......  a question.

Didn't we all go away from 9 mm because it is a pea shooter without knock down power sorely lacking in important characteristics that you would want if you ever had to shoot someone who meant you harm?

And isn't the 9 mm a powerful round when it is compared to a .380?

I know .380 pistols are nice and small and easy to conceal, and I wouldn't want to get shot by one, but............

Wouldn't you really rather have a 9 mm or a .38 or a .40 or.......?

Or is it just the size that is the attraction, and comfort and concealability is the driving factor?

For concealed carry in warm weather, and while on the motorcycle, the .380 is just more comfortable to carry.  I would rather have my .40, but in those instances it's a bit harder to conceal.  JMHO.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thouroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up