MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What is your favorite carry gun?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your favorite carry gun?  (Read 6211 times)

Monique

• Hero Talker
Re: What is your favorite carry gun?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 10:04:55 PM »

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »

How much smaller is a .380 compact than a 9 mm compact?

Honestly I have never seriously looked at .380s.... 

The last time I showed up someplace with my 92FS people made fun of me for being inadequately armed....  I was always afraid what would happen if I went smaller.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 10:12:59 PM »

Guns are implements of death. They are personal-sized weapons of mass destruction. Their sole purpose is to kill living beings. To have them is to condone deadly violence.

To you guys, they are toys and status symbols. Oh, and manliness boosters!

I have no adequate words to describe my level of disgust and disdain.

ell

• Hero Talker
  • Nothing beats a good paddle
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 10:21:15 PM »

How much smaller is a .380 compact than a 9 mm compact?

Honestly I have never seriously looked at .380s.... 

The last time I showed up someplace with my 92FS people made fun of me for being inadequately armed....  I was always afraid what would happen if I went smaller.

The .380 is much smaller, some are too small.  I didn't like the Ruger LCP380 at all.  I like the feel of the Sig P238 and the Glock 42.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thouroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 10:27:37 PM »

I'll have to look my next trip down to the toy store.

I have just never really considered size as the primary driver.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 10:30:26 PM »

Big truck, big gun, small penis.

ell

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 10:32:23 PM »

I'll have to look my next trip down to the toy store.

I have just never really considered size as the primary driver.

The Glock 42 is pretty new and is sometimes difficult to locate.  I've seen the Sig many places.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thouroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 10:32:53 PM »

The .380 is much smaller, some are too small.  I didn't like the Ruger LCP380 at all.  I like the feel of the Sig P238 and the Glock 42.
I, personally, don't care for the Glock 42. It would seem that Glock dropped the ball when making that over what they should have produced, which is a same sized 9mm. And I am a huge Glock fan, btw.
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 10:37:35 PM »

ell

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 10:38:33 PM »

I, personally, don't care for the Glock 42. It would seem that Glock dropped the ball when making that over what they should have produced, which is a same sized 9mm. And I am a huge Glock fan, btw.

For me Brian, the lure of the .380 was the size.  My Glock 27 is considered a subcompact, but it still a bit heavy for carrying in a conceal vest and too big for a pocket holster setup for my personal taste.  And I agree with you, I really like the Glocks.

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 10:39:07 PM »

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 10:41:21 PM »

For me Brian, the lure of the .380 was the size.  My Glock 27 is considered a subcompact, but it still a bit heavy for carrying in a conceal vest and too big for a pocket holster setup for my personal taste.  And I agree with you, I really like the Glocks.
I agree, the 27 is too big for carry. I bought one thinking it would be a good alternative to the 23, but unfortunately it is now just a range toy.
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 10:43:53 PM »

Regardless of how gun nutty this forum is, there are lots of folks out there just like me who don't like guns. I suppose I'm free to post my opinion in this troll-started topic just as much as anyone....

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 10:50:32 PM »

I would disagree with the "gun nut logic" cartoon.
First of all, it could be argued that without concealed or open carry, that there would be many more mass shootings. Secondly, I can't recall how many of these mass shooting were caused by anyone legally carrying concealed or openly. And finally, pointing a firearm is in direct conflict with either concealed carry or open carry laws, and is punishable by law, so this cartoon is simply a made up rendering to justify someone's fear of that which they know little about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up