MonroeTalks.com > About MonroeTalks.com > Support & Feature Requests (Moderator: Administration) > Less heated forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Less heated forums  (Read 7179 times)

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
Re: Less heated forums
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 12:07:19 PM »

This isn't censorship. If anything, the way in which you and other users try to dominate threads is censorship through drowning out other people's voices. What I am suggesting would level the playing field for all users, and help ensure that everyone's voice is heard. It is telling to me that you are playing the victim of bullying and obnoxious behavior when you are one of the few doing just that on this very thread.

I'm not really sure what you're accusing me of here. Opinions by their nature can't really be lies, because they're opinions not facts. I suppose someone might lie about what his/her opinion really is, but to accuse that is just silly.

MEN: I think this right here is a clear admission that the reason certain users post so much is to suppress others. I think allowing this to continue is an indication that you have given up on what you expect this forum to be. And the departure of more meaningful participants is a clear result of it.

LOL so your answer to a better forum is to kick FF off while "claiming" he and not the right wing nut jobs are pushing people away.  Nice one.  I didn't know you had such humor.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 12:23:12 PM »

LOL so your answer to a better forum is to kick FF off while "claiming" he and not the right wing nut jobs are pushing people away.  Nice one.  I didn't know you had such humor.

Who is said anything about kicking people off?
"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson

lilly

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 12:30:46 PM »

an indication that you have given up on what you expect this forum to be. And the departure of more meaningful participants is a clear result of it.
As long as they leave themselves legally in the clear and that the pop-up ads pay them more than the cost of the site, they could give a rat's behind what happens here.
The Republican Party is now a sinkhole of ignorance and bigotry.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2014, 05:42:06 PM »

In all the years I've been on this forum, I've never seen a post by the DW where he expresses his own opinion, NEVER.

If he represents the typical Democrat, God help us all.....  he's an opinionless hunk of Play Dough from what I've seen over the years.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2014, 09:06:15 PM »

As long as they leave themselves legally in the clear and that the pop-up ads pay them more than the cost of the site, they could give a rat's behind what happens here.

:(
"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2014, 09:26:54 AM »

This isn't censorship. If anything, the way in which you and other users try to dominate threads is censorship through drowning out other people's voices. What I am suggesting would level the playing field for all users, and help ensure that everyone's voice is heard. It is telling to me that you are playing the victim of bullying and obnoxious behavior when you are one of the few doing just that on this very thread.
Nonsense. Being a victim and obnoxious are polar opposites. I merely responded to your attack on me.

Posting several sources seems to have eliminated the screeching from the fools...

MEN: I think this right here is a clear admission that the reason certain users post so much is to suppress others. I think allowing this to continue is an indication that you have given up on what you expect this forum to be. And the departure of more meaningful participants is a clear result of it.
Intentionally misinterpreting seems to be the norm for the right these days...whether it's a means to troll or a failure to comprehend...but to clarify my statement about several sources...it meant multiple reputable media sources.

Not like the BS from Fox News, The Washington Times, Breitbart, NewsBusters, Hotair, or Sharyl Attkisson.

Your original premise that my contributions were responsible for the reduced participation was deeply flawed...but that's not unusual for a rightie.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 09:14:25 AM »

Your original premise that my contributions were responsible for the reduced participation was deeply flawed...but that's not unusual for a rightie.

Your "contributions" are clearly meant to disrupt others. You've already admitted as much in this very thread. Your claim that the sources you paste from are "reputable", wouldn't be relevant even if it were true.

I can see this forum is going to die a slow death and the MEN doesn't really care.

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2014, 05:23:08 AM »

How does "less heated" = limiting one person's posts? 'Cuz you're all talking about Frenchfry.

If you really want less heated conversations, stop the people who troll all day every day, the passive aggressive bullies, the pot stirrers, and the creepy stalkers. THEN we might get somewhere.

You mean FF right?

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2014, 05:33:20 AM »

Nonsense. Being a victim and obnoxious are polar opposites. I merely responded to your attack on me.

Intentionally misinterpreting seems to be the norm for the right these days...whether it's a means to troll or a failure to comprehend...but to clarify my statement about several sources...it meant multiple reputable media sources.

Not like the BS from Fox News, The Washington Times, Breitbart, NewsBusters, Hotair, or Sharyl Attkisson.

Your original premise that my contributions were responsible for the reduced participation was deeply flawed...but that's not unusual

Congrats. ... you still didn't say a thing!

End to copy pasta.....
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up