MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Who do you want the Lions to Draft - or do you even care?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who do you want the Lions to Draft - or do you even care?  (Read 585 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Who do you want the Lions to Draft - or do you even care?
« on: May 04, 2014, 04:36:43 PM »

I am honestly having a hard time caring this year?

But who do you think they should draft, and who do you think the will draft this Thursday?

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

excelsior

• Hero Talker
Re: Who do you want the Lions to Draft - or do you even care?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 05:04:06 PM »

I am apathetic about the Lions this year.  I was not impressed with the selection of Jim Caldwell.   I did not think that Jim Schwartz was the answer, but Caldwell does not appear to be an upgrade.

"The beginning of wisdom is a definition of terms." ~ Socrates

"No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude." ~ Karl Popper

"A rising tide lifts all the boats." ~ President John F. Kennedy

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 05:50:12 PM »

I'm with you there.

Jim Caldwell would have been my last choice for a head coach.

That is the thing that really got me off the wagon.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 06:21:34 PM »

I'm hoping they trade down and get an extra pick - and use them to fill up the defense weaknesses - Safeties and Corners...   

Defense wins Championships
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 06:24:55 PM »

Yet all I read about is WR's.......
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 09:31:48 PM »

A TE?  Really?  A TE?  That was an area of need?

Why did you resign Pettigrew? 

Everything the Lions have done this offseason I find totally ridiculous.

What a bunch of idiots.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 09:35:51 PM »

I don't have a nickle invested, never will, so they can draft whoever they want. Who am I to second-guess the experts?

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 09:40:18 PM »

One of the worst picks ever based on the needs they had.  Nothing wrong with the player.,  The Lions don't need another TE.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 09:47:04 PM »

What about the Secondary?

What about a LB?

Jeez.

Sammy - I don't have a dime invested this year either - and with picks like that I don't intend to.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 11:37:25 PM »

Maybe they are going to convert him to LB...   or CB...   or some other defensive spot they NEED
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 07:55:03 AM »

Prof - I think they just plan on scoring a ton of points - so stopping someone really doesn't matter.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 10:18:09 AM »

...  until the 4th quarter

or in a snow bowl game

or in any game of importance - like making the playoffs
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 04:08:02 PM »

Like Pittsburgh last year.

Or the Ravens.

Or the Giants.

Or the........

The list is endless.

The other problem is the prolific offense never materializes for more than 3 games a year.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 06:08:38 PM »

The local experts may be declaring the Lion's draft dumb and stupid, but not so much by the national football writers experts.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140511/SPORTS01/305110136/detroit-lions-NFL-draft-grades
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 06:17:38 PM »

Outside of the two idiots at ESPN that always loved Millens drafts I don't see alot of love there....
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up