MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > In the News This Morning

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 315   Go Down

Author Topic: In the News This Morning  (Read 216770 times)

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
In the News This Morning
« on: May 21, 2014, 10:26:25 AM »

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/may/21/cigarettes-taken-meijer/

I am not surprised that someone is stealing from the company they work for.  What does surprise me is the comments!!  People are not disgusted with the thief, they are mad at the one who turned him in!  What the heck!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: In the News This Morning
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 04:36:18 PM »

Another story where the comments take on a MT like atmosphere,

The ones I saw tried to claim that it was to support buying heroin...   

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 08:21:02 AM »

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/may/23/man-found-creek-identified/

These kinds of bazaar stories make me wonder.  Guy goes for a walk to the store, to possibly buy a pack of smokes, or gallon of milk.  Then, whoops!  Ends up face down in a creek, drowned.  The wife said he had medical issues... maybe that was the cause.  But if there were issues THAT severe, would he be walking to the store by himself?  He wasn't that old, and police say there were no signs of foul play.

Very strange, and tragic.  Many unanswered questions.  My heart goes out to his family.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 09:28:53 PM »

These kinds of bazaar stories make me wonder.  Guy goes for a walk to the store, to possibly buy a pack of smokes, or gallon of milk.  Then, whoops!  Ends up face down in a creek, drowned.  The wife said he had medical issues... maybe that was the cause.  But if there were issues THAT severe, would he be walking to the store by himself?  He wasn't that old, and police say there were no signs of foul play.

Very strange, and tragic.  Many unanswered questions.  My heart goes out to his family.

+1.  Very bizarre and tragic.  My heart goes out to the family.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 10:17:22 PM »

I believe it was the first report of this where it was said the wife went out walking and located him by calling his phone and that she heard it ringing.  I found that odd if he was in the water and drowned unless he threw his cell phone on the bank before he got in.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 10:41:50 PM »

Unless he wasn't totally submerged?

Not sure how you get in a creek in the first place.

Again - bizarre - difficult to even speculate on.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 09:51:08 AM »

I never did see anything on the news but did hear it on the scanner and youngest daughter actually saw it.  A young gal riding a green moped was hit by a vehicle at the corner of N. Custer and Custer Dr. last Thursday around 10:30am. She was talking while they loaded her for transport.  Anyone know any details on her condition?  If you prefer not to post then please either PM me or email me.  Thanks.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 09:58:34 AM »

Both daughters saw what appeared to be a police pursuit closer to downtown about the same time this happened!

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/may/24/shots-fired-suspects-scattered-friday-night-winche/
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 10:02:01 AM »

Toledo not safe, especially at night..

You'll never see this in the news.  Only on twitter as someone picks up police scanner and puts info on twitter.

Typical night in toledo

TPD - immediate response weapons call, 100 block page st near vermont ave, female getting threatened by ex-boyfriend with a gun..

TPD - disorder, w laskey rd and jackman rd at the Miracle Mile shopping center, report of 40-50 people getting ready to fight..

TPD - fight, 1415 s bryne rd at the kroger, report of a group of 25 people fighting in the parking lot....

TFD/EMS - person stabbed, 1800 block duncan rd near matlack ave, person stabbed, with life squad 3.....

TPD/TFD/EMS - code 3 person shot, 1000 block hamilton st near n hawley st, report of a person shot...

TPD - check the safety, I-280 south at starr ave, report of intoxicated male at the exit, asking for money, stumbling into traffic.

TPD - extra police needed at Seagate convention center.  Afro Ball just let out and dozens of people fighting on streets of downtown.

There is more.  this all happened withing 1 hr of the first one.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 10:04:53 AM by blue2 »

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 10:07:07 AM »

Both daughters saw what appeared to be a police pursuit closer to downtown about the same time this happened!

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/may/24/shots-fired-suspects-scattered-friday-night-winche/

Me, Mrs. Fuzz, and the youngest went out for kind of a late supper and rode town afterwards looking at cars at local dealerships and noticed a flurrying of emergency (fire and police) vehicle activity between the hours of 7:30 to 10:00.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

NewDawn

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 11:18:35 AM »

Toledo not safe, especially at night..

You'll never see this in the news.  Only on twitter as someone picks up police scanner and puts info on twitter.

Typical night in toledo

TPD - immediate response weapons call, 100 block page st near vermont ave, female getting threatened by ex-boyfriend with a gun..

TPD - disorder, w laskey rd and jackman rd at the Miracle Mile shopping center, report of 40-50 people getting ready to fight..

TPD - fight, 1415 s bryne rd at the kroger, report of a group of 25 people fighting in the parking lot....

TFD/EMS - person stabbed, 1800 block duncan rd near matlack ave, person stabbed, with life squad 3.....

TPD/TFD/EMS - code 3 person shot, 1000 block hamilton st near n hawley st, report of a person shot...

TPD - check the safety, I-280 south at starr ave, report of intoxicated male at the exit, asking for money, stumbling into traffic.

TPD - extra police needed at Seagate convention center.  Afro Ball just let out and dozens of people fighting on streets of downtown.

There is more.  this all happened withing 1 hr of the first one.

AFRO BALL????  Darn...I missed it!  lol
everyday is a new beginning....

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 11:49:24 AM »

not in the news..... one day last week after dropping my daughter off at school in Newport....driving back to Monroe on Telegraph I noticed a female....looked to be in her thirties SITTING on the side of the road between the liquor store and Kimberly Estates....she was sitting on the white line, rocking back and forth into traffic, screaming and hitting herself in the face....wouldn't have taken much effort to rock backwards into the path of a car or truck....and the vehicles coming down Telegraph toward Monroe are usually going well over 50.....anyway....stopped my van and walked back towards the woman...asking if she was okay....she was very agitated and wouldn't look at me.....so, went back to my car....turned on the flashers so people coming down the road would pay attention ...called 911....waited 17 minutes and no one showed up....finally, the woman got tired of me watching her and walked back into the trailer park screaming for some named Michael.....I called the 911 operator and told her the lady was gone....operator said someone was on their way....I told her that I could make it from my house to the high school to pick up my daughter in less than ten minutes....all without the benefits of blue lights and sirens....and I was going home. ....never passed a police car all the way back to Monroe.....VERY disappointed in the police department for not taking this more seriously....it was 7am...couldn't have been so much else going on that they couldn't have spared someone to check on this woman....
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne

Hearshear

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 12:50:28 PM »

Anybody know why the MEN always has the county police reports in the paper but never the city ones?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 315   Go Up