MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Warning for Toledo and South County Water users: DO NOT DRINK THE WATER!

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warning for Toledo and South County Water users: DO NOT DRINK THE WATER!  (Read 47977 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Warning for Toledo and South County Water users: DO NOT DRINK THE WATER!
« Reply #645 on: September 24, 2018, 07:52:06 PM »

I'm a volunteer firefighter.

That good enough for you?

Yes I know it isn't.

Okay the truth this time.

I volunteer to teach kids reading and spelling.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #646 on: September 24, 2018, 09:05:25 PM »

Please elaborate how a volunteer group is costing Monroe County any tax dollars at all?

I would think you'd be happy they're out there doing that kind of work?

Have you ever gone and helped them...   how much did Monroe County give you for volunteering? 

I'd go help with the river every three years if I wasn't doing adopt a highway three times a year...

what do you do?

NOTHING.  I didn't put the trash in the river and I'm not about to remove it either.  Don't do Adopt a Highway either.  if you want to get out there and pick up someone's trash, have at it.  Not my thing.  I'm not here to babysit other adults that have no civic pride or self respect.

Bad enough I have to collect the beer cans in my front yard but at least they have a deposit on them.  Piss bottle on the side of the road, no way...

That ain't Gatorade in there.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #647 on: September 25, 2018, 08:55:45 AM »

NOTHING.  I didn't put the trash in the river and I'm not about to remove it either.  Don't do Adopt a Highway either.  if you want to get out there and pick up someone's trash, have at it.  Not my thing.  I'm not here to babysit other adults that have no civic pride or self respect.

Bad enough I have to collect the beer cans in my front yard but at least they have a deposit on them.  Piss bottle on the side of the road, no way...

That ain't Gatorade in there.

That didn't even surprise me.  Your general take seems to be that you're 'too good' to do this kind of work.  I guess that's probably a trait of many of you rich people.  Too busy out buying friends to bother doing any civic duty at all.

Look at that list of psychological traits...   feeling superior to others is one of the traits used for diagnosis.  You really need to see a doctor before you slide any deeper!!!

And by the way, you didn't explain to me just how a volunteer group is costing any government agency anything in tax dollars.  You keep dodging pretty good when you don't have an answer.  How about you bring some facts for a change instead of all your 'shoot from the hip' rhetoric. 
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #648 on: September 25, 2018, 09:13:45 AM »

I'm a volunteer firefighter.

That good enough for you?

Yes I know it isn't.

Okay the truth this time.

I volunteer to teach kids reading and spelling.

That is very commendable...   maybe you do have some redemptive traits after all. 

I'll bet that is challenging at times ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #649 on: September 25, 2018, 12:09:03 PM »

I do have redemptive traits!

Thanks for giving me my due.

;)
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]   Go Up