MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Recreational Weed

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recreational Weed  (Read 9834 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Recreational Weed
« Reply #240 on: November 09, 2018, 08:29:02 AM »

Social media full of comments by stupid people that were hyping the weed vote.  Most crying about how there are so many people that can be helped by using marijuana.  Yeah, why aren't they then?  They can obtain weed from a medical professional..But I'm sure that isn't there real concern.  They just wanted legal weed for everyone

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2018, 09:31:13 AM »

Don't bother with social media.  I find it boring to read about whining idiots.

The State will have to do some serious work on prop 1.  Many segments are way to vague.

I think it's a mistake but no the state is stuck with it.  Time will tell.  I reserve my opinion until it all settles out.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

NewDawn

• Hero Talker
« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2018, 06:53:45 AM »

Don't be too smug about it.  You are are one the reasons the American car companies produce an overpriced product, because they condone smoking dope on breaks and stoned employees screw things up...

I'd be careful about boasting about your smoking habits.  All it would take is a call to HR and you'd be screwed big time as in unemployed and I know someone who knows who you work for.

Why in the hell would you say something like that??
everyday is a new beginning....

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2018, 08:24:12 AM »

I know, I know.......it's a combination of envy because I am educated, and the fact that he is barbarous, callow, and guileless.  If a person has an opposing view to his he has this childish behavior of name calling and wishing ill-will on you.  It's why a lot of the old regular posters seldom come on line anymore.  The proof is the waning participation level of the forum.

I go to a lot of OEM assembly plants, and many supplier parts plants and can't recall seeing pot smoked on breaks by blue collar workers, or it being condoned other than union protectionism.  Not saying it doesn't happen, I just have never seen it in the work place.  Not sure where he is getting his statistics that American car companies are producing overpriced product because they condone pot smoking at work - I see no evidence of that in the marketplace as American product has become much more competitive in world wide production.

Envy - he can't stand the fact that I am college educated and perceives me as stereotypical white collar which is a subset of the population he dislikes.  Little does he know I my job responsibilities are actually more blue collar than white.  I go from plant to plant resolving manufacturing issues through a combination of product and equipment design changes, implementation of improved technologies in production, and have saved my company millions of dollars in manufacturing efficiency enhancements.

I actually respect the man's mechanical aptitude and would have loved to worked with him on some of my challenges. His wife is one of the most articulate, charming woman I've ever met........problem is, him and I just don't get along because of my Left leaning position on some issues that he is far right on.  Kind of like Trump and CNN.  LOL

The childishness of threatening to contact my employer is reminiscent of another person that used to post here.  Totally unacceptable social behavior, but just the kind of person he is.  The kind of person that I do not socialize with outside of the workplace.

Very shallow person and insecure.......there, you have your answer.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2018, 08:36:07 AM »

Because I can...  Would I do that.  Life is a crapshoot.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2018, 05:36:15 PM »

I know, I know.......it's a combination of envy because I am educated, and the fact that he is barbarous, callow, and guileless.  If a person has an opposing view to his he has this childish behavior of name calling and wishing ill-will on you.  It's why a lot of the old regular posters seldom come on line anymore.  The proof is the waning participation level of the forum.

I go to a lot of OEM assembly plants, and many supplier parts plants and can't recall seeing pot smoked on breaks by blue collar workers, or it being condoned other than union protectionism.  Not saying it doesn't happen, I just have never seen it in the work place.  Not sure where he is getting his statistics that American car companies are producing overpriced product because they condone pot smoking at work - I see no evidence of that in the marketplace as American product has become much more competitive in world wide production.

Envy - he can't stand the fact that I am college educated and perceives me as stereotypical white collar which is a subset of the population he dislikes.  Little does he know I my job responsibilities are actually more blue collar than white.  I go from plant to plant resolving manufacturing issues through a combination of product and equipment design changes, implementation of improved technologies in production, and have saved my company millions of dollars in manufacturing efficiency enhancements.

I actually respect the man's mechanical aptitude and would have loved to worked with him on some of my challenges. His wife is one of the most articulate, charming woman I've ever met........problem is, him and I just don't get along because of my Left leaning position on some issues that he is far right on.  Kind of like Trump and CNN.  LOL

The childishness of threatening to contact my employer is reminiscent of another person that used to post here.  Totally unacceptable social behavior, but just the kind of person he is.  The kind of person that I do not socialize with outside of the workplace.

Very shallow person and insecure.......there, you have your answer.

Wow.

I doubt very much that Flip gives two shits about what pieces of paper that you have that says you are smart, or feel inferior to you at his lack of papers that certifies that he is smart.

If you really think that, you just don't get him, and maybe you don't get others like him either.

By the way - the three smartest people I have ever met, and the best engineers for that matter - didn't have a piece of paper that said they were smart.  I would consider these guys geniuses in their areas, and none of them have any tolerance for sitting around in a classroom and reading what they are told to read and taking tests to prove that they comprehended the material.  Nope - they read books and learned how to do stuff because they wanted to do it - and do it right now - and they skipped the whole college experience.

I personally don't use "what degrees do you have" as a gage of how smart or capable someone is.

I generally just concentrate on can you get the job at hand done.

Long way of saying your rant is way off the mark.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2018, 07:06:46 PM »

Never said I would rat you out.  Just suggesting that someone might.  I really don't care if you take a doobie and shove it up your butt.  Don't mean squat to me and as far as your papers go, I wipe my arse with paper all the time. 
Meas nothing to me.

I know quite a few engineer types and a bunch of them are book smart and procedure dumb.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #247 on: November 14, 2018, 11:14:36 AM »

Well from the discussion - it appears some on here could use the mellowing effects  :) 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #248 on: November 14, 2018, 04:16:46 PM »

I'm usually mellow unless agitated.  Then my mellowness turns into something else.  I'm a firm beliver in live and let live so long as you stay on your side of the fence that is.

You come in my yard, you abide by my rules.

My rules are simple.  You act like an ***, you get treated like an ***.

My views on Proposal 1 and the ramifications of it are simple.  It's not good for the state and that has been played out already in Colorado but people but people prefer to ignore that.  I think for their own self serving interests.

Not too worried about a recreational pot places opening up tomorrow.  It took the State of Michigan almost 10 years to finalize the regs for medical pot, I figure it will be at least another 10 years for finalization of recreational pot regs to be made law.  Until then the whiners will whine and the dopers will still get stoned.  Nothing changes.

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2018, 03:39:43 AM »

People who already smoked will more than likely not change their habits. Those who didn't smoke before and could lose their job if they came up positive probably won't take it up now. Biggest change will be less people going to jail for possession and tax dollars eventually being made for areas that allow the sales.
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2018, 11:44:35 AM »

Don't see a tax dollar windfall for any entity but the state.  The law is written to favor Lansing.  Nothing new there.  Keep in mind that now, under Prop 1, you have to opt out or you are in so communities need to draft ordinances to opt out.

Like the comment the Woodstock Supervisor mad about Addison (was in the Telegram) "The reason Addison embraces the pot is because they are broke.  We aren't'"  Woodstock Township opted out.  Don't candy coat the obvious.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #251 on: November 15, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »

Well from the discussion - it appears some on here could use the mellowing effects  :)

Are you suggesting a get together in the Puddin Pit?

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #252 on: November 15, 2018, 10:26:41 PM »

Are you suggesting a get together in the Puddin Pit?

;D

A get together is long over due!   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up