MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > In the News This Morning

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 386   Go Down

Author Topic: In the News This Morning  (Read 356265 times)

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: In the News This Morning
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2014, 08:22:28 PM »

I just looked and didn't see it online but there is an article in the paper today about the unidentified man they found walking on Dunbar a couple of weeks ago...   they still have no idea who he is.  His fingerprints have apparently never been in 'the system' so he's still a 'mystery man' :( :( :(

He is in a hospital and being taken care of though!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2014, 10:06:03 AM »

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2014, 08:59:26 AM »

Debimark

• Super Talker
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2014, 10:56:13 AM »

I stand to fathom which existing restaurants would go under of any or all of these catch on.

There are a few existing dining establishments that I can only wonder how they remain open.

Bon Apetit, indeed.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2014, 12:05:55 PM »

Look soon for an Executive Order to override it.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2014, 10:40:27 PM »

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/jun/30/6-new-restaurants-planned-monroe-area/

Just what Monroe needs!  6 new resaurants!    ;)

What Monroe needs is better urban planning and less one way streets to nowhere.... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 10:06:55 AM »

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/jun/30/6-new-restaurants-planned-monroe-area/

Just what Monroe needs!  6 new resaurants!    ;)

As I commented on the 'other' thread...   even though the article counts 6 'new' eateries...

I only really see one...   maybe two at the most!

The heli-pad restaurant on Telegraph across from the SOS is absolutely new!

The new sports bar operation going into the 'old' Bob Evans on N. Dixie you might count as new since BE has been closed for several years and it was more of a breakfast place and probably was closed in the evening just about the time Angelo will have this place 'starting' to hop!!!

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 09:05:10 PM »

CL and myself and the rest of the HS crowd frequent Angelo's on Friday night ocassionally (one has to have a big wallet).  Never referred to as Northwood Villa, it's just Angelo's place.

They have the best prime rib, Angelo's cut is at least 3" thick and fish on Friday.

The old BE's will be nice for Angelo, he lives close to there, but it will never have the history or ambience the Villa has.  In the 20's the Villa was a speak easy and there was gambling and women and.....  But then the dog track was over on Benore where the truck dealership is now........

Angelo retained the decor inside, it's typical 20's ornate and dimly lit with 2 bars, one off the main dining room and a private invitation only bar on the side that faces dixie.  We usually dine in the invitation only bar, no tables, sit at the bar, real informal.

I've been to a couple private parties Angelo has catered and they are always walk in crawl out even if you don't drink...and Angelo and his wife are fun people besides.

He'll do well in a sports bar and his patrons north of Toledo will go there.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2014, 09:04:45 AM »

67 years old....sad.  There comes a point in time however when a man, or woman for that matter, have to realize and understand that their motor skills diminish over time to the point where one just can't do safely anymore.  I see it in myself and I don't believe I would get on a motorcycle even at my age.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2014, 09:44:35 AM »

67 years old....sad.  There comes a point in time however when a man, or woman for that matter, have to realize and understand that their motor skills diminish over time to the point where one just can't do safely anymore.  I see it in myself and I don't believe I would get on a motorcycle even at my age.

I heard this on the scanner last night.  My guess is he had a sudden onset medical situation (possibly a heart attack as the first responders did start CPR immediately).  This stretch of road is actually fairly smooth (for Monroe County anyway) and has a 45mph speed limit so it's very nice for just an evening ride like he was probably doing. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »

Here's the stretch where the motorcycle went off the road last night.  This Google streetview is a couple of years old but it was done when they were actually in the process of re-paving the road so it's still in pretty decent shape so probably save to take hitting a pothole out of the equation...  Maybe something came out of one of the drives on the right. 

My wife hit a deer just south of here probably 15 years ago...   actually the deer kind of ran into the side of the car and kind of kept running right up over the hood of the car...   the deer kept going and so did my wife!  Our youngest was with her and she still talks about the incident!!!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/8001+Suder+Rd/@41.762463,-83.49023,3a,75y,1.75h,75.85t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sBv3Ux51rNWVJkuo-cTdPrQ!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x883b78c391bb364b:0x32aa67dd40f2b7b9

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2014, 02:43:31 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 386   Go Up