MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > In the News This Morning

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 384   Go Down

Author Topic: In the News This Morning  (Read 345227 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: In the News This Morning
« Reply #4920 on: February 18, 2018, 12:17:01 PM »

It has taken almost a year for Belle tire to fix two new tires on my granddaughers veh.  They lost 25% of the air every few days.  Every time they had the veh they said valve was bad and replaced it for $100 or said they couldn't find anything.  After one cold morning when one tire was flat my daughter took it and raised holly hlee..And told them to take the tire off and put a wire brush to the alum rim and clean it up.  They were reluctant to do that but she insisted.  And I think they wanted to get her away from the other customers so they agreed..  It's been a month and neither tire has leaked yet..

I've had pretty good luck with Belle Tire over the years but I guess that just shows how difficult things can get in the tire service business!

Yes, with all the aluminum alloy wheels on vehicles today this is a growing issue, especially in an area where they use lots of salt and chloride on the roads (like maybe around 'here').  Both cause corrosion to aluminum and steel and it is amazing how it can work it's way into that tiny space between the tire bead and the tire rim. 

There are literally dozens upon dozens of sealants out there.  I get the stuff from NAPA (can't remember the brand name right now but they'll have it on the shelf) and I like it real well.  It's somewhat transparent but does have a black tint to it so when applying it you do have to use a little care.

In a pinch I've used the soft Permatex gasket maker.  Still haven't had to break that bead down again but I'll let you know how hard it was when we do. 

This is nothing new...   here are a couple of articles from several years ago!  You can also find dozens (maybe even hundreds) of YouTubes on how to diagnose and repair the issue! 

From 2009...  this one is even about steel wheels!

https://mechanics.stackexchange.com/questions/249/how-to-fix-leaky-tires-after-2-shops-couldnt

Again, from 2009

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a12293/4297504/

This is a forum and someone asks the obvious question about just putting a 'tube' in the tire and forgetting about it!

Not a good idea unless you have tires that were designed for tubes in the first place.  Most 'road speed' tires don't fall into that category.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t947833-rim_leak_on_aluminum_rims.html

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #4921 on: February 20, 2018, 09:03:24 AM »

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4922 on: February 20, 2018, 09:15:00 AM »

Political year !! Although the sheriff is good for 3 more years
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4923 on: February 20, 2018, 10:13:28 AM »

he is better than the last one but on a scale of 10, i still only give him a 2.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4924 on: February 20, 2018, 10:49:52 AM »

It didn’t take scammers and politicians long to take advantage of removing cell phone restrictions.  Walberg called twice already.  I just sent him an email and told him to stop calling me telling him i’m tired of politicians and their bullsh.,.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4925 on: February 20, 2018, 01:31:03 PM »

It didn’t take scammers and politicians long to take advantage of removing cell phone restrictions.  Walberg called twice already.  I just sent him an email and told him to stop calling me telling him i’m tired of politicians and their bullsh.,.

I don't even answer.  I look at the caller and hit close.

Just another tool in a box full of useless tools.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4926 on: February 20, 2018, 01:33:26 PM »

Always wondered what exactly we need a Sheriff's department for in the first place.  They serve no useful purpose, most are overweight and physically unfit.  Just a financial drain far as I can see.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4927 on: February 20, 2018, 04:27:40 PM »

I don't answer home phone or cell but the ahole leaves "important" messages..
next time before i delete the msg ill get the number and block it on my cell..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4928 on: February 21, 2018, 07:48:00 AM »

NWS issued a flood warning for the River Raisin this morning.  Supposed to crest at 9.2 feet, tomorrow morning.  I'd say Petersburg road is closed due to flooding at the city limits on Petersburg / Deerfield road.  Don'r see any traffic on it from our view...

That low spot floods first...

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #4929 on: February 21, 2018, 08:30:51 AM »

NWS issued a flood warning for the River Raisin this morning.  Supposed to crest at 9.2 feet, tomorrow morning.  I'd say Petersburg road is closed due to flooding at the city limits on Petersburg / Deerfield road.  Don'r see any traffic on it from our view...

That low spot floods first...

The field across from us is flooded and our sideyard on the west is too. 

The rain has covered up all the crumbling asphalt and potholes so people are flying again.  We're going to have some kind of a crash at some point.  I hope they miss my mailbox when they do!!!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4930 on: February 21, 2018, 10:00:12 AM »

I thought all of this was settled already!

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2018/02/19/Monroe-County-sheriff-faces-lawsuits-from-four-retirees.html

So 3 complaining about having to use a public range...   and the one who had felonies is still trying?  Too sick to return to work should equal to sick to qualify and carry with that special permit.   

I see common sense is lacking - although he did get his nearly million from us taxpayers.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4931 on: February 21, 2018, 04:35:25 PM »

"So 3 complaining about having to use a public range."

Hey, come on,  once you're on the gov gravy train it never ends!!

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4932 on: February 21, 2018, 04:37:40 PM »

Theres a special range you have to use. Monroe County has one and there is one in Lansing. The sheriff has the right to not allow former employees on the property including the range. Who's liable if something goes bad while they are there. Who's liable if they slip and fall. who's liable if they come back guns a blazing because they are disgruntled.
They are being inconvenienced by having to certify in Lansing. Boo Fricking Hoo !!
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4933 on: February 21, 2018, 05:49:24 PM »

Or there could pay $50 a year to belong to a gun club like a lot of people

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4934 on: February 21, 2018, 07:42:13 PM »

The field across from us is flooded and our sideyard on the west is too. 

The rain has covered up all the crumbling asphalt and potholes so people are flying again.  We're going to have some kind of a crash at some point.  I hope they miss my mailbox when they do!!!

Water makes the roadway look smooth...lol

I went through the mailbox thing a few years ago but ours got smashed regularly.  Cured that.  Built one from 1/8" hot rolled plate welded up with a 1/8" plate door, even added a flag.  Since then, no more smashed boxes.  Got to build one for my buddy on Tunnecliffe Road.  He gets his smashed about weekly.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 384   Go Up