MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > In the News This Morning

Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374]   Go Down

Author Topic: In the News This Morning  (Read 307354 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: In the News This Morning
« Reply #5595 on: September 21, 2018, 09:30:22 PM »

Glad I don't live in a more dense populated area.  Out here, we all keep an eye on each other's homes and property and of course we are all armed.  Not much goes on out here especially when you  know what everyone drives and anything out of the normal is noted and investigated.

Between the big black nasty looking dog we have and the firearms, anyone would be a fool to break in or steal from here.  The dog don't like strangers anyway.  Shows his pearly white fangs and rolls his jowls up instantly.  Could be that 'Protected BY ATD' sign at the end of the drive too.... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5596 on: September 22, 2018, 09:09:38 AM »

I have a few of those signs around the house too.  I'm thinking of adding an alarm outside the house too.  One neighbor can hear my inside alarm if they are outside but then nobody would be breaking in..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5597 on: September 22, 2018, 09:44:32 AM »

Best alarm there is, is a loaded handgun and someone who knows how to use it properly.

Like my buddy at the plant in Butler, Indiana I had lunch with yesterday.  They have signs in the lobby and outside that say 'Premises under Video Survaliance'  I asked him where the cameras were as I didn't see any.  He smiled and said the signs are a great deterrent.

Makes sense to me, just like the ADT signs.  You never know.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5598 on: September 22, 2018, 09:58:23 AM »

Best alarm there is, is a loaded handgun and someone who knows how to use it properly.

Like my buddy at the plant in Butler, Indiana I had lunch with yesterday.  They have signs in the lobby and outside that say 'Premises under Video Survaliance'  I asked him where the cameras were as I didn't see any.  He smiled and said the signs are a great deterrent.

Makes sense to me, just like the ADT signs.  You never know.

I'm curious where to get those signs...

these are all I've been able to find ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:31:31 AM by BigRedDog »
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5599 on: September 29, 2018, 04:14:33 PM »

Big piece on the front page of the MEN about the ongoing pot issues in Summerfield Township (aka: Smokefield Township) and the City of Petersburg (aka: Potburg).... ;D

Plus a nice letter to the editor from a Township resident voicing her concerns about the proposed pot plant.  I stand firm on a no vote on the pot inititative and another no on retail pot establishments in the Township in general for a number of reasons, mainly, lack of 24 / 7 police protection.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5600 on: September 29, 2018, 06:35:11 PM »

Big piece on the front page of the MEN about the ongoing pot issues in Summerfield Township (aka: Smokefield Township) and the City of Petersburg (aka: Potburg).... ;D

Plus a nice letter to the editor from a Township resident voicing her concerns about the proposed pot plant.  I stand firm on a no vote on the pot inititative and another no on retail pot establishments in the Township in general for a number of reasons, mainly, lack of 24 / 7 police protection.

I guess better to be Potburg rather than Heroin Town.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5601 on: September 30, 2018, 10:15:31 AM »

I suspect we have that too.  I know they pulled the porta crapper out of the tot lot up town because of the needles they found in it.....

Potburg does have a nice ring to it........ ;D

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5602 on: October 17, 2018, 06:58:29 PM »

Saw in the paper the Bedford  "Foodtown"   Pharmacy was shut down for filling too many pain pill prescriptions...   hope they go after the ones who wrote those scripts as well! 

Its that new law creating the database of prescriptions doing the job it was intended...    Flagging such activities. 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5603 on: October 17, 2018, 07:58:34 PM »

Read in one of the articles regarding the pharm that a doctor or 2 that were in trouble before were the key to identifying this pharm wrong doings.  Was the pharm participating or just following doctors orders?  I'm guessing the pharm was part of the scam.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5604 on: October 18, 2018, 09:39:39 AM »

Another pill mill.  Interesting.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5605 on: October 18, 2018, 10:32:55 PM »

Read in one of the articles regarding the pharm that a doctor or 2 that were in trouble before were the key to identifying this pharm wrong doings.  Was the pharm participating or just following doctors orders?  I'm guessing the pharm was part of the scam.
I know a pharmacists who started to turn away the pill mill scripts... years ago      Its not hard to ID the volume from one doctor - 

The next people to be charged should be the companies that ship to such pharmacies - they also have to know the volumes are abnormal! 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5606 on: October 18, 2018, 11:52:04 PM »

Read that it was a Dundee Salienbeam that got killed in NB 23 the other day.  Must have been distracted driving.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5607 on: October 19, 2018, 12:55:37 PM »

Driving 15 hours to New Orleans gave us plenty of opportunities to witness people on their cell phones...

Also,  I sure wish they would put cruise controls on all cars again  ;) 

Its a shame the building was left to rot -  but may as well complete the destruction of all the former businesses in the area ...   why stop at this old building
http://www.monroenews.com/news/20181018/city-of-monroe-to-tear-down-purple-church-building
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5608 on: October 19, 2018, 12:58:19 PM »

That is irritating. you know the car in front of you that is speeding up and slowing down has cruise but the driver is yacking on his phone...  Very irritating.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5609 on: October 19, 2018, 12:59:41 PM »

I'd like to see 'distracted driving' made a multiple point infraction all across the country.
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374]   Go Up