MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > In the News This Morning

Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 374   Go Down

Author Topic: In the News This Morning  (Read 307098 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: In the News This Morning
« Reply #5370 on: July 13, 2018, 07:34:06 PM »

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5371 on: July 13, 2018, 09:54:04 PM »

It's very remote.  I've sledded up there a lot and you can go for miles and miles and not see anything alive on 2 legs.  Great place to get lost if you want to.

Yes it is ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5372 on: July 13, 2018, 10:10:06 PM »

Good.  I still want to know about the 2 occupants that ran from the scene....

You and LE too...

I've never heard that they've been located. 

I think it was the Toledo 13ABC news tonight had a short bit about the guy being charged.  The next thing I know they were talking about someone with a lot of history of being in prison.  I'm not 100% sure it was the same guy but I'll look for more info.

Maybe blue2 saw it or maybe it will be on again at 11.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5373 on: July 13, 2018, 10:12:44 PM »

i saw a quick clip of the plane crash on TV11 last night.  And they weren't very specific either as to the location..

I've got a hunch they're keeping the location quiet for now.  At some point there will be a report that will have the co-ordinates.  Maybe once they finish their onsite investigation and figure out how to remove the plane they'll make the location available to the news sources.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5374 on: July 13, 2018, 11:19:04 PM »

I've heard all 3 are in jail.  Someone saw the 2 occupants grab bicycles out of the truck and ride back toward Secor. Also heard that story was repeated and someone said they had noticed 2 older people riding bikes in Kroger parking over a period of time.  Kroger reviewed video and saw them and also saw them on a couple of occasions get in that truck.  I don't know how much of this is true. But I think it might be close. Naturally, nobody is talking. Prob still trying to figure it out.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5375 on: July 14, 2018, 08:46:13 AM »

I hadn't heard they ever caught the other two but it might not have been newsworthy either.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5376 on: July 14, 2018, 09:04:02 AM »

You and LE too...

I've never heard that they've been located. 

I think it was the Toledo 13ABC news tonight had a short bit about the guy being charged.  The next thing I know they were talking about someone with a lot of history of being in prison. I'm not 100% sure it was the same guy but I'll look for more info.

Maybe blue2 saw it or maybe it will be on again at 11.

Just saw it again on the morning news.  He just got out of prison in February down in Florida.  More than a dozen convictions over the years and mostly for grand theft auto. 

That probably won't help his case here any!!!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5377 on: July 14, 2018, 10:07:15 AM »

This is probably no more than more rumors.
And them some may be somewhat factual.
Some people been saying the 2 that ran away and the truck driver were seen multiple times in Kroger parking lot and behind the store in what looked suspicious.
So one of the thoughts as to why the two left the scene is they were in possession of stuff that the cops might not have liked.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5378 on: July 14, 2018, 01:16:46 PM »

There are a lot of suspicious 'transactions' that happen in lots of parking lots where there are lots of vehicles and lots of people walking around.  I doubt all these transactions are Craigslist or Ebay deals.  In Lambertville there's only the one big parking lot so I suspect most of these suspicious transactions happen there.

Maybe they were returning Ohio cans and bottles to Kroger for the refund...

maybe they were planning some kind of a heist.

I find the rumor mill generally has some facts in the beginning but then things get blown out of proportion by the time the story has gone around a few times. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5379 on: July 14, 2018, 01:53:23 PM »

I posted earlier about these three guys planning on crossing Lake Superior on paddleboards and they have completed their trip.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/3-michigan-men-complete-60-mile-journey-across-lake-superior-by-paddleboard

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5380 on: July 14, 2018, 01:57:53 PM »

There are a lot of suspicious 'transactions' that happen in lots of parking lots where there are lots of vehicles and lots of people walking around.  I doubt all these transactions are Craigslist or Ebay deals.  In Lambertville there's only the one big parking lot so I suspect most of these suspicious transactions happen there.

Maybe they were returning Ohio cans and bottles to Kroger for the refund...

maybe they were planning some kind of a heist.

I find the rumor mill generally has some facts in the beginning but then things get blown out of proportion by the time the story has gone around a few times.

From the picture the driver don't look all that savory.  I suspect something illegal was transpiring.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5381 on: July 14, 2018, 02:00:14 PM »

I posted earlier about these three guys planning on crossing Lake Superior on paddleboards and they have completed their trip.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/3-michigan-men-complete-60-mile-journey-across-lake-superior-by-paddleboard

Not on my bucket list.  Too cold.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5382 on: July 15, 2018, 08:26:34 AM »

A couple of huge field fires Friday.  Straw burns very hot and can easily 'flash back' even after you think you have the fire out.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180715/fire-destroys-wheat-fields-in-berlin-erie-townships

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5383 on: July 15, 2018, 08:34:56 AM »

A couple of huge field fires Friday.  Straw burns very hot and can easily 'flash back' even after you think you have the fire out.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180715/fire-destroys-wheat-fields-in-berlin-erie-townships

In most cases it's already been combined so it's a non-loss anyway and in reality not a bad thing so long as it don't impact any non field items.  When it burns, it creates carbon and that incorporates easier and faster into the soil than stubble.

Haven't checked the price of wheat lately but I'm sure it's down so even if the field hasn't been combined, it may be better roasted than not.

A large portion of the wheat around here has been infested with Thistle which is hard to kill.  Have a hayfield with thistle in it that we had to chop.  Nasty stuff.  Even 2-4-D won't kill it without repeated applications.  Stinger kills it, but kills everything else too.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5384 on: July 15, 2018, 08:46:13 AM »

In most cases it's already been combined so it's a non-loss anyway and in reality not a bad thing so long as it don't impact any non field items.  When it burns, it creates carbon and that incorporates easier and faster into the soil than stubble.

Haven't checked the price of wheat lately but I'm sure it's down so even if the field hasn't been combined, it may be better roasted than not.

A large portion of the wheat around here has been infested with Thistle which is hard to kill.  Have a hayfield with thistle in it that we had to chop.  Nasty stuff.  Even 2-4-D won't kill it without repeated applications.  Stinger kills it, but kills everything else too.

I'm seeing a lot of wheat fields that they're baling the straw this year.  Seems higher than normal so maybe they're trying to hedge against a lower price for the wheat.  Saw a field down almost to the state line last night where they're doing the big 'square' bales.  Not many of those balers around here.

Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 374   Go Up