MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > In the News This Morning

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382   Go Down

Author Topic: In the News This Morning  (Read 337493 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: In the News This Morning
« Reply #5700 on: March 17, 2019, 09:24:07 AM »

Par for the course.  AA is loaded with snowflake liberals (just like GR) so I would expect no less.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5701 on: March 17, 2019, 11:24:57 AM »

According to the Adrian paper this fine morning, Fentanyl use in Lenawee County is on a sharp upswing with overdose deaths rising.

I don't look at it a problem.  I look it as culling the herd of less than desirable animals, in this case, low life dopers.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5702 on: March 17, 2019, 12:25:33 PM »

Just burns my *** to watch politicians get all worked up about saving these idiots with our money...

blue2

• Hero Talker

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5704 on: March 17, 2019, 12:37:26 PM »

Just burns my *** to watch politicians get all worked up about saving these idiots with our money...

They aren't saving idiots.  They are saving voters.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5705 on: March 17, 2019, 01:21:40 PM »

didn't think of it that way

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5706 on: March 17, 2019, 07:48:25 PM »

They aren't saving idiots.  They are saving voters.

Big LOL on that. Glad I'm old, country os fast going to shitte.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5707 on: March 17, 2019, 07:50:56 PM »

When I was at St. Joe's last month they were giving me that crap (and charging me 700 bucks a day for it).  I was so stoned I couldn't even walk.  Told them to take that crap and shove it.  I don't need that crap in me.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5708 on: March 19, 2019, 12:56:05 PM »

What a surprise.

1.  The City of Monroe is spending money with consultants to determine how to develop private property.  Money I am guessing will become in short supply in the not so distant future.
2.  The City of Monroe and Frenchtown Township still don't get along.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

https://www.monroenews.com/news/20190319/redevelopment-of-former-la-z-boy-site-in-limbo

I like that John Iacoangeli decided that the best way forward would be to insult Frenchtown Township.  Way to go John.  Good to see you still have the magic touch of getting along with others.  I guess a 'tiger' can't change his stripes, nor can he become more intelligent.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 01:02:02 PM by Monroe Native »
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5709 on: March 19, 2019, 01:50:28 PM »

I read that in the paper as well.  So now the site slowly degrades into a graffiti laced broken window building the the dopers can inhabit.

nice.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5710 on: March 19, 2019, 02:57:39 PM »

Honestly - I never thought it had a chance for redevelopment when the City was touting how the new subsidized La-Z-Boy HQ was a WIN-WIN because it would guarantee redevelopment of the old site.

It looked to me that the only real chance of development would have to be either a retail, services, or dining.  If they were smart they could do a mixed use - with businesses fronting Telegraph, and a medium or high density residential to the rear.  What a great place to live - businesses on one side, and a rail road track on the other.  Anyway - this to me would have been the best case scenario. 

I didn't see a possibility of another HQ coming in.  I didn't see any chance of a light industrial or tech center arrangement - not in Monroe.

Now - the retail sector in brick and mortar is getting killed.  Take a drive past the "Mall of Monroe" and you can see all the evidence of that you need to.  Some retailers are making it - but that is by using an online and brick and mortar approach simultaneously.  No matter how you look at it - the competitors seem to be becoming less and less.

Now - lets look at the business climate in Monroe.  Not good.  Most places in the state saw a rise in income - but not Monroe.  All signs show that Monroe is in decline, and the current regime that runs the Governments don't seem to know what to do about it, or frankly maybe they don't even see it as a problem.

Couple those two things together, and the chances of redeveloping a parcel that large seems to go down.

Another issue - if you were a developer - and you actually wanted to do something in Monroe - why would you build in the city over the township?

Why build there?  You can go a mile up the road - be around businesses that are making it - and pay less taxes.  You have a nice greenfield site with no issues to build on.  I'm sure Frenchtown would be happy to have another developer build another strip mall.

Anyway - I think the City is just throwing good money after bad.  They will have an eyesore on their hands for years to come.  It also doesn't help that the biggest idiot on council thinks he is the smartest, and doesn't know how to get along with others.

There you go City of Monroe.  All the analysis that a consultant is going to give you - for free. 

Now go pay to have someone else tell you the same thing - only they will put some frosting on it to sweeten it up - so they can get more business from you.  They may even outright lie to you to make you feel good.

I don't need to put frosting on it.  I am no longer vested in the happenings of the city.

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5712 on: March 19, 2019, 04:48:39 PM »

Detroit is going to need Kwame when the current governor has to vacate because of term limit.  He will have the city ripe for more guys like old Coleman and Kwame to rip everything off.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5713 on: March 19, 2019, 06:36:09 PM »

It's like a flashback to the good old days when people connected with the Clintons and Obamas magically committed suicide for no apparent reason.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6826927/Alan-Krueger-killed-release-sixth-book.html
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5714 on: March 19, 2019, 07:39:39 PM »

Honestly - I never thought it had a chance for redevelopment when the City was touting how the new subsidized La-Z-Boy HQ was a WIN-WIN because it would guarantee redevelopment of the old site.

It looked to me that the only real chance of development would have to be either a retail, services, or dining.  If they were smart they could do a mixed use - with businesses fronting Telegraph, and a medium or high density residential to the rear.  What a great place to live - businesses on one side, and a rail road track on the other.  Anyway - this to me would have been the best case scenario. 

I didn't see a possibility of another HQ coming in.  I didn't see any chance of a light industrial or tech center arrangement - not in Monroe.

Now - the retail sector in brick and mortar is getting killed.  Take a drive past the "Mall of Monroe" and you can see all the evidence of that you need to.  Some retailers are making it - but that is by using an online and brick and mortar approach simultaneously.  No matter how you look at it - the competitors seem to be becoming less and less.

Now - lets look at the business climate in Monroe.  Not good.  Most places in the state saw a rise in income - but not Monroe.  All signs show that Monroe is in decline, and the current regime that runs the Governments don't seem to know what to do about it, or frankly maybe they don't even see it as a problem.

Couple those two things together, and the chances of redeveloping a parcel that large seems to go down.

Another issue - if you were a developer - and you actually wanted to do something in Monroe - why would you build in the city over the township?

Why build there?  You can go a mile up the road - be around businesses that are making it - and pay less taxes.  You have a nice greenfield site with no issues to build on.  I'm sure Frenchtown would be happy to have another developer build another strip mall.

Anyway - I think the City is just throwing good money after bad.  They will have an eyesore on their hands for years to come.  It also doesn't help that the biggest idiot on council thinks he is the smartest, and doesn't know how to get along with others.

There you go City of Monroe.  All the analysis that a consultant is going to give you - for free. 

Now go pay to have someone else tell you the same thing - only they will put some frosting on it to sweeten it up - so they can get more business from you.  They may even outright lie to you to make you feel good.

I don't need to put frosting on it.  I am no longer vested in the happenings of the city.

Maybe it will roast like Nortel Lanes did....
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382   Go Up