MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > In the News This Morning

Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384   Go Down

Author Topic: In the News This Morning  (Read 341406 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: In the News This Morning
« Reply #5730 on: April 03, 2019, 06:19:52 PM »

How fair would you think an arbitrary limit, that can't accurately be tested for would be, if alcohol stayed in your system for 30 days after you had 6 beers and were drunk for 2 hours. I bet there would be a ton of screaming about how unfair that would be !!
It's too bad there isn't a quick accurate chemical test to check for marijuana impairment but there simply isn't. To test you to determine if you smoked pot in the last 30 days and convict you of driving under the influence on that test simply won't withstand any kind of legal challenge and the prosecutors around the country know it.

Fine.

Write one uniform Driving While Impaired Law that is based completely on what the officer observed while you were driving and the field sobriety test.

Do away with the blow test.  No more DUI's because you blew just over the artificially low limit that MADD insisted on.

Sound fair?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5731 on: April 04, 2019, 09:37:54 AM »

The cops should sell this stuff and make some money for the dept.  The users are going to get what they want from someone anyway.
A truck driver faces a lengthy prison sentence after he pleaded guilty to trying to smuggle about $6 million worth of cocaine into Canada while traveling through Monroe County.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5732 on: April 04, 2019, 11:19:57 AM »

The cops should sell this stuff and make some money for the dept.  The users are going to get what they want from someone anyway.
A truck driver faces a lengthy prison sentence after he pleaded guilty to trying to smuggle about $6 million worth of cocaine into Canada while traveling through Monroe County.

I bet it was a yabba-dabba too.  I often wonder what becomes of confiscated drugs.  I know what the Feds do with them but local LE, not sure at all.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5734 on: April 14, 2019, 09:17:51 AM »

I see DJT has commented on shipping illegal aliens (coming in through the Mexican / US border to 'sanctuary' cities  like San Francisco and the libs are screaming unfair and unamerican.  I think it's a good idea.  Liberals blow out both sides of their mouths..  They say illegal immigration is good and their sanctuary cities protect them, let them have ALL of them then.

Sock it to therm DJT.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5735 on: April 14, 2019, 09:26:07 AM »

I see DJT has commented on shipping illegal aliens (coming in through the Mexican / US border to 'sanctuary' cities  like San Francisco and the libs are screaming unfair and unamerican.  I think it's a good idea.  Liberals blow out both sides of their mouths..  They say illegal immigration is good and their sanctuary cities protect them, let them have ALL of them then.

Sock it to therm DJT.

I thought the Libs loved undocumented citizens.

Why wouldn't they welcome them with open arms?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5736 on: April 14, 2019, 10:59:51 AM »

Trump should bus them all to Pelosi's walled estate and have them knock the walls down so they can camp out on her lawn..  They will be doing her a favor as she doesn't like walls.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5737 on: April 14, 2019, 11:10:36 AM »

Trump should bus them all to Pelosi's walled estate and have them knock the walls down so they can camp out on her lawn..  They will be doing her a favor as she doesn't like walls.

That would just convince her that walls don't work
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5738 on: April 14, 2019, 11:46:08 AM »

What do you bet she'd be calling ICE before they were able to knock the walls down

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5739 on: April 14, 2019, 12:33:32 PM »

Actually, Pelosi and her old man- live in a home (Victorian vintage home) in the Knob Hill section of San Francisco.  It's not walled at all.  On a a residential street with a hedge in the front.  They do own a vineyard in NAPA Valley so maybe the illegals can go there and pick grapes.  I hear Pelosi specializes in growing sour grapes....

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5740 on: April 14, 2019, 12:52:42 PM »

I'm guessing she already has dozens of illegals picking grapes..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5741 on: April 14, 2019, 01:10:28 PM »

Most likely.  From what I've read Kalifornia is brimming with illegals.  Kind of like 'little Cuba' , south Florida where the native language is Cuban.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5742 on: April 14, 2019, 08:44:53 PM »

I see parts of Luna Pier have been reclaimed by the lake again.

Great place to put a village.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5743 on: April 15, 2019, 06:45:55 PM »

What a shame.

How many wars did it survive?

I wonder how it got started.

https://www.france24.com/en/20190415-liveblog-fire-paris-france-notre-dame-cathedral
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5744 on: April 15, 2019, 10:04:40 PM »

I see parts of Luna Pier have been reclaimed by the lake again.

Great place to put a village.

On stilts..... ;D
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384   Go Up