MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > In the News This Morning

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387   Go Down

Author Topic: In the News This Morning  (Read 359930 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: In the News This Morning
« Reply #5760 on: May 25, 2019, 07:36:06 PM »

We have a stream out back but have never had an issue with flood insurance. Keeps my hay watered...
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5761 on: May 25, 2019, 09:08:19 PM »

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5762 on: May 26, 2019, 10:04:16 AM »

Stupid people do stupid things and then get to pay for the stupidity with their lives.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5763 on: June 26, 2019, 09:38:58 PM »

Its sad to see that the littlest murderer is still getting in trouble.

Seems like a habitual criminal at this point, but I'm sure he doesn't have many other options open to him.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2019/06/25/nathaniel-abraham-sent-back-prison-dealing-drugs/1561338001/
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5764 on: June 26, 2019, 09:45:10 PM »

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5765 on: July 01, 2019, 04:46:12 PM »

I see the MN ran a front page story about the Hidden Lake Gardens 'sky walk'  A little late, was in the Telegram last week and interestingly, the Telegram and the MN are owned and managed by the same people.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5766 on: July 01, 2019, 07:46:55 PM »

I see the MN ran a front page story about the Hidden Lake Gardens 'sky walk'  A little late, was in the Telegram last week and interestingly, the Telegram and the MN are owned and managed by the same people.

I read it long before last week in other sources.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5767 on: July 01, 2019, 10:17:33 PM »

I guess old. stale news still takes up room in the paper.  The MN needs to go the same way the Youngstown paper went....down the crapper.

blue2

• Hero Talker

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5770 on: July 03, 2019, 10:26:38 AM »

Not that Toledo don't have too many beaneries now.  That are on par with Monroe for eat out places.  I bet it won't make it.  I know I won't be going there.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5771 on: July 03, 2019, 10:31:15 AM »

The city already picking on them.  Painting the building purple violates the code and they have to redo.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5772 on: July 03, 2019, 03:37:42 PM »

Heard an un-substantiated rumor that Deerfield is going to have a council meeting pending the application for a Weed Store in town on Carey Street and that Petersburg is also going to get a weed store downtown in one of the now vacant buildings.  My bet is the defunct hardware store.

Bet that will make Holeman real happy...lol  Nothing he can do about it.

Everyone needs some weed.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5773 on: July 03, 2019, 03:38:27 PM »

The city already picking on them.  Painting the building purple violates the code and they have to redo.

The purple is in bad taste.  Looks like a titty bar and not a beanery.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5774 on: August 17, 2019, 01:14:42 PM »

Funny - I don't remember seeing anything about this in the Monroe News.

Perhaps all the reporters were too busy working on their super insightful columns.

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/2019/08/monroe-county-assistant-prosecutor-on-leave-after-suspicious-motorcycle-crash.html
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387   Go Up