MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Counseling Changes Coming To Monroe Public Schools For Fall

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Counseling Changes Coming To Monroe Public Schools For Fall  (Read 560 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.

And Dr. Martin and the MPS continue to make news in Monroe...  wonder if this will go national too?

Again, seems like a little bit of info up front before it hit the rumor mill would have gone a long way to preventing all the 'incorrect information'...

I seem to see an ongoing pattern here:

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/jun/11/counseling-changes-coming-monroe-public-schools-fa/
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
Re: Counseling Changes Coming To Monroe Public Schools For Fall
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:27:26 AM »

I'm still curious just how they go about calculating this info:

The district’s poverty rate, which is above 50 percent, is one of the reasons for the change.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 10:54:30 AM »

I am wondering, if they need to provide more social and emotional support, why would they be eliminating 6 counseling positions?? LOL
 By Danielle Portteus As of Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 10:06 a.m. email [Pin It] A A Print #Citing a need to provide more social and emotional support, Monroe Public Schools is restructuring its counseling services. #The restructuring basically will eliminate six counseling positions throughout the district, shifting those employees to jobs in other areas, including teaching.

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/jun/11/counseling-changes-coming-monroe-public-schools-fa/ By Danielle Portteus As of Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 10:06 a.m. email [Pin It] A A Print #Citing a need to provide more social and emotional support, Monroe Public Schools is restructuring its counseling services. #The restructuring basically will eliminate six counseling positions throughout the district, shifting those employees to jobs in other areas, including teaching.

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/jun/11/counseling-changes-coming-monroe-public-schools-fa/

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 11:41:21 AM »

They will also rename the remaining Counselors to Coddlers...

It seems that's all there is left to do -  coddle the troubled kids until they get them through the system

Save all the discipline for the teachers - especially those who aren't politically correct!
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 11:41:53 AM »

The 'student led movement' even has it's own hashtag on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/keepthecounselors?src=hash

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 12:11:05 PM »

Do these school kids have parents?
Don't know why it's the schools responsibility to coddle unruly undisciplined kids.  They do what they have to so they get thru school and then they are still pretty much worthless to society.  So why bother?

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 12:26:35 PM »

Do these school kids have parents?
Don't know why it's the schools responsibility to coddle unruly undisciplined kids.  They do what they have to so they get thru school and then they are still pretty much worthless to society.  So why bother?

No blue2....

This is all part of the "It takes a village" crap.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 03:17:11 PM »

Back when I went to school (at Monroe High) yeah I know that was a long time ago  ;D
the counselors weren't helpful for things like classes to take for college prep - scholarships - applications ect... 
(Unless you were one of the pet students)...  8* 

Won't find me jumping on the bandwagon
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 05:11:33 PM »

"It takes a village" crap."
Yep that's the liberals approach to solving the family problem.  Have someone else do it.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 06:04:27 PM »

We can see how that's working out!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 06:41:35 PM »

Yep, kids running into schools shooting people,  Yep it's the guns fault because no one cares enough about the kids to understand they have problems.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 07:22:58 PM »

But God forbid we turn back to what worked.....

:'(
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 11:24:38 PM »

Yep, kids running into schools shooting people,  Yep it's the guns fault because no one cares enough about the kids to understand they have problems.
I think it was "armed" counselors that helped end that quickly... 

Until discipline is returned - no change will be successful.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 08:55:01 PM »

Nice to see the students are learning about politics and life  - and being active - even if it's only pushing a few buttons on their cell phone instead of the old fashioned "rally" or packing the Board of Education meeting...
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up