MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > 22 White House staffers make $172,200 a year

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 22 White House staffers make $172,200 a year  (Read 1429 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
22 White House staffers make $172,200 a year
« on: July 01, 2014, 08:48:19 PM »

I don't find this shocking and indicative of this administration, and past ones as well, in just how government as a whole is bloated.

Gotta laugh though, look at a few of the titles they have.  Liked this one.......assistant to the president and director of speech writing, and assistant to the president and deputy national security adviser for strategic communications and speech writing.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140701/NEWS07/307010161/white-house-staffer-salaries
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: 22 White House staffers make $172,200 a year
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 09:17:25 PM »

Come on Fuzz, we both know the cost of living is high in suburban DC and there is only suburban DC.  You can't live in town unless you want to be mugged, oe worse.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 09:18:55 PM »

What I'd be more interested in is how much income tax they pay............

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:19:59 PM »

Kind of my point.....this was just White House staff.  I'm talking government overall......all the other staffers for representatives and senators.  Add all the various "Departments" on top of that and it is logarithmic.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »

Last time I was there I stayed just off the red line it was shady but not much different from what's been going on here.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 09:37:45 PM »

Kind of my point.....this was just White House staff.  I'm talking government overall......all the other staffers for representatives and senators.  Add all the various "Departments" on top of that and it is logarithmic.

It's a crooked slide rule however.  Just reminded me, I have to get out my dad's K&E and make sure it's okay.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 07:28:11 AM »

Been a few years since I saw a slide rule, but never recalled a crooked one.......not sure one could have been used to plot out logarithmic curves anyway.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 01:08:54 PM »

Oh my...appears Bush paid his staff the same amount...and that was back in 2008 when a dollar had more purchasing power:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/opinions/graphics/2008stafflistsalary.html
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 01:15:09 PM »

Gee - the female staffers make less... than their male counterparts in the administration   

(wasn't this supposed to be fixed by Obama)  ;D
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 10:11:14 AM »

Been a few years since I saw a slide rule, but never recalled a crooked one.......not sure one could have been used to plot out logarithmic curves anyway.

I pointed that out in the original post too FF.  This is not just an Obama issue.....it is an issue of really what is being spent to operate just the WH staff, then multiply that out for all of the other associated staff cost for Reps and Senators.  We have an overhead structure in paying assistants to the assistants and overseen by directors and the entire bureaucratic layers above even that.

I am perplexed at how and why the voting public keeps reelecting the very folks who continue to do business in the manner that supports a bureaucracy out of control.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 10:15:07 AM »

I pointed that out in the original post too FF.  This is not just an Obama issue.....it is an issue of really what is being spent to operate just the WH staff, then multiply that out for all of the other associated staff cost for Reps and Senators.  We have an overhead structure in paying assistants to the assistants and overseen by directors and the entire bureaucratic layers above even that.

I am perplexed at how and why the voting public keeps reelecting the very folks who continue to do business in the manner that supports a bureaucracy out of control.

The obvious answer is we really don't have a clear choice...  both parties are the same in this arena!

I'm guessing this is a major part of why voter turnout is spiraling lower and lower over the last few decades ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2014, 12:23:10 PM »

It's disgusting what all federal government workers make and how many there are.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 02:13:45 PM »

The obvious answer is we really don't have a clear choice...  both parties are the same in this arena!

But in my humble, white collar opinion BRD.......there is a clear choice in the matter.  Just sit back and imagine what the first group of newly elected/non-incumbents would talk about at their first meeting?????  Bet it's something like.."I guess the people are not satisfied with business as usual and want change."

I'm guessing this is a major part of why voter turnout is spiraling lower and lower over the last few decades ;) ;) ;)

And to me that is almost as sad as that I will never get to dip in Kim Kardashian's Honey Pot......if one chooses not to exercise their right and vote in the name of being unsatisfied and accepting business as usual should be kicked in the genitalia when complaining. 

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 04:46:12 PM »

It's disgusting what all federal government workers make and how many there are.
Oh the hypocrisy of the right.

So willing to attack what the middle class earns yet gives free passes to the rich...calling 'em job creators.  8*
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 07:02:59 PM »

Double dork.
Pages: [1]   Go Up