MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Health > Mercy Memorial, Promedica Announce Plan To Join Forces

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mercy Memorial, Promedica Announce Plan To Join Forces  (Read 1560 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Mercy Memorial, Promedica Announce Plan To Join Forces
« on: July 08, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »

The eriemermaid gets the credit for originally posting this in the breaking news thread:

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=29774.msg664052#msg664052

It had to be just a matter of time before they joined up with either someone in Toledo or someone in the Downriver or Detroit area.  There were good hospitals in both areas and I'm sure it was a tough choice for their board to decide which way to go.  Living in the 'south county' area we're more than familiar with most of the ProMedica facilities in Toledo and I think it will be a big step for MMH. 

I honestly can say I'll be more than happy to bid their 'billing department' ADIOS >:( >:( >:(

Article:  http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/jul/08/mercy-memorial-promedica-announce-plan-join-forces/
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

pam

• Hero Talker
Re: Mercy Memorial, Promedica Announce Plan To Join Forces
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 03:17:42 PM »

I kind of had a feeling Mercy would be joining Promedica, especially since Oakwood and Beaumont joined up and the only real suitor left for Mercy was Henry Ford Health System. We've been to Toledo Children's a couple of times and prefer them to the Children's in Detroit and Mott's in Ann Arbor (doctors seem just as knowledgeable and you don't wait 3 hrs for a 15 minute doctor appointment).

And yes, there's no love lost over that horrendous billing dept. I just had a baby a couple of months ago and they called two weeks after the birth, reminding us to add the baby to the policy because they wanted to bill. Problem is, they don't file birth cert paperwork for 3-4 weeks following birth and our insurance co will only add with a copy of the birth cert, not any of the unofficial documents given at delivery. I was on the phone forever trying to explain to them that the sooner the hospital files the paperwork, the sooner they'll be able to bill. I think my dog understood by the end of the conversation, but I'm pretty sure the billing dept was still clueless.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 05:40:58 PM »

I have Paramount Elite supplemental which is hooked up with Promedica.  We both go to Promedica doctors and hospitals and are very satisfied.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 10:52:59 AM »

Here's the article from The Blade and it includes the video segment from the 13ABC news last night:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Medical/2014/07/09/Monroe-hospital-eyes-ProMedica.html

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:53:30 AM »

With their fleet of helicopters and ambulances - it will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to challenge the current EMS provider... 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 11:03:04 AM »

With their fleet of helicopters and ambulances - it will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to challenge the current EMS provider...

Pro-Med is already a 25% stake holder... 

I guess if they take over then they'll be a 50% stakeholder

http://www.mca-ems.org/Programs/AboutMCA/MCAPartnership.htm

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 12:00:10 PM »

That's what I was thinking - and since they already have their own "management" - why would you let someone else do it when you control 50%...  and you are losing out on the "free advertising" ...   from the Promedica EMS units.   

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 08:46:04 PM »

Now I really really don't want to go to Mercy Memorial - not that I ever did.

I wonder when it comes time to leave there for a bigger facility if they will only route you to Promedica once this is done.

Currently much of their hard cases go up to U of M or other places.

Does the patient still get a say - or does the big greedy - er non profit corporation get to decide and keep them in their system?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 10:28:45 PM »

Now I really really don't want to go to Mercy Memorial - not that I ever did.

I wonder when it comes time to leave there for a bigger facility if they will only route you to Promedica once this is done.

Currently much of their hard cases go up to U of M or other places.

Does the patient still get a say - or does the big greedy - er non profit corporation get to decide and keep them in their system?
The ER Doctors generally have the say - but they also know the best facilities for the types of calls at hand.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 06:57:48 AM »

Well the merger has been completed and is functioning somewhat smoothly...

and now CEO Annette Phillips is leaving...

I've read a few of the articles and haven't figured out exactly 'why' she's leaving though...

PM isn't saying she's a bad person but they don't seem to be crying that they can't get along without her either :-\ :-\ :-\

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2016/jan/06/hospital-president-chief-annette-phillips-resignin/

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 09:33:12 AM »

Maybe her "specialty" is cuts and Mergers and since that's done here - I'm sure there are many other hospitals in need of those skills...
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 10:18:09 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up