MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Warning for Toledo and South County Water users: DO NOT DRINK THE WATER!

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38   Go Down

Author Topic: Warning for Toledo and South County Water users: DO NOT DRINK THE WATER!  (Read 36156 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Warning for Toledo and South County Water users: DO NOT DRINK THE WATER!
« Reply #480 on: February 28, 2018, 03:34:32 PM »

I was hoping Bedford took a look into partnering with Monroe instead of relying on Toledo.  Nothing any good comes out of that place.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #481 on: February 28, 2018, 06:34:46 PM »

I was hoping Bedford took a look into partnering with Monroe instead of relying on Toledo.  Nothing any good comes out of that place.

Make your voice known...

there may still be time for that 'if' this whole thing blows up in Toledo with the timing of the vote or even the outcome of the eventual vote.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #482 on: February 28, 2018, 07:31:50 PM »

I am pretty sure that Bedford is mostly run like it is part of Ohio.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #483 on: March 01, 2018, 10:34:03 AM »

I think Toledo is trying to dump their water treatment facility on the region.  From all accounts the facility is in total choas and needs millions of dollars to "fix" it although the federal government has donated millions over the years that is unaccounted for.
The suburbs are going to acquire ownership and then find out they have to pay millions to bring it up to standards.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #484 on: March 01, 2018, 11:11:50 AM »

I think Toledo is trying to dump their water treatment facility on the region.  From all accounts the facility is in total choas and needs millions of dollars to "fix" it although the federal government has donated millions over the years that is unaccounted for.
The suburbs are going to acquire ownership and then find out they have to pay millions to bring it up to standards.

They're already facing the prospect of water rates tripling...

so, pay more for the water and not own the system or buy the system and pay for improvements and keep water rates lower.

At the end of the day the $$$ will just about even out!

It's like all the years so many in Michigan were opposed to a higher tax to repair the roads while every day they were paying out of their pocket or through higher insurance rates for the damage to their vehicles. 

Sometimes people get too hung up on their principals!!!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #485 on: March 01, 2018, 11:28:09 AM »

There is never anything good coming out of Toledo.  It's a democrat union run city, run for politicians and unions period.
I agree it would be better in the long run for the whole area to own the water treatment facility.
And i still think it's better if Bedford and Monroe could become the source of water for SE Michigan.
I've made that comment to a couple of guys on the township board but get the usual reaction to changing something..

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #486 on: March 02, 2018, 09:48:49 AM »

There is never anything good coming out of Toledo.  It's a democrat union run city, run for politicians and unions period.
I agree it would be better in the long run for the whole area to own the water treatment facility.
And i still think it's better if Bedford and Monroe could become the source of water for SE Michigan.
I've made that comment to a couple of guys on the township board but get the usual reaction to changing something..

And now there's an opposition group forming that figures the water plant is worth $1B and the city would be coming up short if they sell for any less than that!

http://www.wtol.com/story/37628733/new-group-wants-questions-answered-about-proposed-regional-water-authority-web-story

Maybe this has something to do with why Maumee wants to just move on without Toledo. 

Remember that at one time I found some info that the City of Sylvania has a right of way for a water line across Bedford and Erie (maybe part of Whiteford too).  The big problem I see with that location is it's right in the green water 'dead zone' during the summer months. 

Any new system is going to have to either avoid sucking in the green stuff or be able to treat it from day one.  I still don't like the idea of drinking it even if it has been treated.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #488 on: March 02, 2018, 10:21:18 AM »

Former Mayor of Toledo Carty Finkbiner is the one saying Toledo has put a billion dollars into the water treatment plant.  Another big lie by a politician.
When he was mayor he ignored the water treatment plant completely and it went to hell.
And he didn't mention that most of the billion dollars he says they put into the plant came from the federal government in the form of grants.
And he didn't say that alot of the money that was suppose to go into the water treatment plant went somewhere else..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #489 on: March 02, 2018, 02:36:43 PM »

Carty Stinkfinger is a has been tool.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #490 on: March 02, 2018, 05:15:42 PM »

I used to laugh my azz off when 104.7 was running the fake Carney Finkwhiner adds when I was in college.

I think that was back when he was against the devils rock and roll, or anyone playing loud music in their car.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #491 on: March 02, 2018, 08:39:37 PM »

In the Blade and his picture still looks demented.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #492 on: March 24, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »

Hopefully this is another step in slowing the growth of algae and eventually reducing the pollution potential.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180323/ohio-designates-lake-erie-western-basin-as-impaired

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #493 on: April 13, 2018, 12:46:23 PM »

Ohio is going from voluntary compliance to an actual enforcement regarding some of their agricultural practices.

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2018/04/13/Running-out-of-Lake-Erie-options-Kasich-administration-looks-to-get-tougher.html

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #494 on: April 17, 2018, 03:34:18 PM »

Sylvania and South County could end up buying their water from the Detroit Water System. 

It seems like at least Berlin and maybe Ash Townships already buy from them. 

The two systems are spending some $$$ to get some actual costs of what it would cost. 

That water comes from deep out in Lake Huron and it would eliminate the risk of any future algae issues from the shallow end of Lake Erie.

When we lived north of Midland we had Midland Municipal water which had their intake out deep in Lake Huron.  We never had to buy bottled water back then as you could just drink the water from the tap.

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2018/04/17/Sylvania-Monroe-County-to-study-possible-connection-to-Detroit-s-regional-water-system.html
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38   Go Up