MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Warning for Toledo and South County Water users: DO NOT DRINK THE WATER!

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Warning for Toledo and South County Water users: DO NOT DRINK THE WATER!  (Read 47109 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker

it already has a funky taste.  I don't drink much of it.   If i finish my bottles at the gym i'll use the drinking fountain.  Time to hit Costco and load up again on Ice Mountain..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

it already has a funky taste.  I don't drink much of it.   If i finish my bottles at the gym i'll use the drinking fountain.  Time to hit Costco and load up again on Ice Mountain..

Good deal, supporting Aetna Township helps offset my taxes up north.  Suck up that Ice Mountain.

I bet by the end of July, Toledo water will be lime green.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker

Glad to help Side.  But i like the Ice Moutain even though it costs more. 
Other bottled water is mostly filtered sewer water coming out of Lake Erie

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

Glad to help Side.  But i like the Ice Moutain even though it costs more. 
Other bottled water is mostly filtered sewer water coming out of Lake Erie

It's a huge plant smack dab in the middle of nowhere.  Exit 131 on 131, turn left (east), go about 1.5 miles and it's on the right.  Our ground is almost directly behind it.  I think at least half of Stanwood works there.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

Lake Erie sewer water...also known as Monroe Mist?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

I saw on Twitter that Ohio Governor Kasich is finally going to tighten up some rules on Agricultural fertilizer usage in Ohio. 
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

I saw on Twitter that Ohio Governor Kasich is finally going to tighten up some rules on Agricultural fertilizer usage in Ohio.

Might as well close the barn door after the horses got out.  Should have done that about 10 years ago.  Not just Ohio either, Michigan is just as guilty.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

Too bad they cannot skim it, dry it and use it for fuel.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

Too bad they cannot skim it, dry it and use it for fuel.

They can do that but can't make it profitable 'yet'. 

That may actually become the 'solution' one day down the road but they'll make it commercially viable in the oceans too.

Energy 101 | Algae-to-Fuels
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!

I watched the local news last night down here in the Carolina's and saw where Florida was having the same issue that their Governor was giving an update on.  The film footage of the algae bloom there looks to be slightly worse than most I've seen in our area.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

It's all attributable to high N fertilizer

blue2

• Hero Talker

All the farm bureau guys on TV now disputing the charges. Not their fault at all..
Drive thru the country and you see farmers still tiling fields. Has to be direct runoff into ditches, rivers and finally Lake Erie.
City's also the problem dumping raw sewage into the river.
It's pretty hard to blame it on industry. There's none left around here.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

All the farm bureau guys on TV now disputing the charges. Not their fault at all..
Drive thru the country and you see farmers still tiling fields. Has to be direct runoff into ditches, rivers and finally Lake Erie.

That's pretty much become a theme for everyone today...

whatever it is it isn't my fault!!!

Everyone else is a contributor but not ME!!!

I saw an article on Lake Okeechobee last night and all the algae that's blooming in it this year.  Lake O is the largest lake in Florida but it is also very, very shallow so it gets exceptionally warm which lets the algae bloom readily. 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

In today's society, no one is responsible for their actions anymore.  Pass the blame on.  In this case, it's pretty easy to level the cause on a particular faction...  Farmers.  Not just an Ohio issue but an issue with all states bordering Lake Erie's western basin, Michigan included and Indiana in as much as the Maumee flows there too.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

In today's society, no one is responsible for their actions anymore.  Pass the blame on.  In this case, it's pretty easy to level the cause on a particular faction...  Farmers.  Not just an Ohio issue but an issue with all states bordering Lake Erie's western basin, Michigan included and Indiana in as much as the Maumee flows there too.

I saw video of the Maumee flowing through Toledo a few nights ago.  Nasty and green!!! 

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44   Go Up