MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Ancient artifact found worth thousands here in Monroe.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Ancient artifact found worth thousands here in Monroe.  (Read 28085 times)

kel_ameen

• New Talker
Re: Ancient artifact found worth thousands here in Monroe.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »

The Sheets family should at the very least send you a thank you card for all the money you will have made them should this be true.
Hope you got cash for a lawyer, cause your gonna need it.

I would just hand them over before getting a lawyer. I certainly cannot afford one because of the expensive procedure I am having done here shortly. I try not to deal with those kind anyway, lawyers that is.

kel_ameen

• New Talker
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 11:15:33 AM »

Give me a break...perhaps Jimmy Hoffa was wearing the moccasins when Emelia Erahart droped him out of her plane.  Sasquatch must have carried off the rest of Jimmy's remain after he used those tools to eat him.  PLEASE... :D

You are just confusing me. I just want to do the right thing and make some money at the same time to help me out.

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 11:24:53 AM »

kel_ameen,

This is what the Michigan law states.

NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 451 of 1994

324.76106 Removal of relics or records of antiquity; consent of landowner required.
Sec. 76106.
Without the consent of the land owner, a person shall not remove any relics or records of antiquity such as human or other bones; shells, stone, bone, or copper implements; pottery or shards of pottery, or similar artifacts and objects from the premises where they have been discovered.

So if, Mr. Sheets great niece is the executor of the estate or someone else. Legally they would be the rightful owners to the artifacts.
As I asked on a previous reply to you. Did you have permission to be on the property?
Also, Did you have permission (written), to remove what you found on the property?

Maybe… if your lucky, “they” may give you something in return for your honesty.
But you can’t always count on that happening.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 11:34:53 AM by Mayonnaise »
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

Tonya

• Veteran Talker
    • What is Normal?
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 11:36:25 AM »

Well, if what you are saying is true. It seems you have a slight problem. Quickly searching, I couls find no law for or about Native American artifacts for 1929. This is a quick search.

I did, however find this,Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA)  http://www.nps.gov/history/nagpra/.

I also found this:
Code Book: Michigan Compiled Laws
Citation: §324.76106
Section Title: Aboriginal records and antiquities: consent of land owner to removal
Summary:

Directs that a person, without the consent of the land owner, shall not remove any relics or records of antiquity such as human or other bones, shells, stone, bone or copper implements, pottery or shards of pottery or similar artifacts and objects from the premises where they have been discovered

Also:
Code Book: Michigan Compiled Laws
Citation: §750.160
Section Title: Dead human bodies: disinterment, mutilation, defacement or carrying away of human body; exception
Summary:

Declares that a person is guilty of a felony who, not being lawfully authorized to do so, shall willfully dig up, disinter, remove or convey away a human body, or the remains thereof, from the place where the body may be interred or deposited, or shall knowingly aid in such disinterment, removal or conveying away, or who shall mutilate, deface, remove or carry away a portion of the dead body of a person, whether in his charge for burial or otherwise, when the mutilation, defacement, removal or carrying away is not necessary in any proper embalming operation or postmortem examination. Directs that a person committing such violations or accessory thereto, either before or after the fact, shall be punished by imprisonment for not more than ten years, or by fine of not more than $5,000. Declares that this section shall not be construed to prohibit the digging up, disinterment, removal or carrying away for scientific purposes of the remains of prehistoric persons by representatives of established scientific institutions or societies, having the consent in writing of the owner of the land from which the remains may be disinterred, removed or carried away.

So, it looks like you may have found an Indian Burial ground. You are under law to report the findings at minimum to the County. Since you also found it on someone else property, it's not legally your's to find.

Besides, I am curious. How did Mr. Sheets neice find out you have this item? How did she get your name and information, enough to start harrassing you?

Ralph Waldo Emerson:
Go put your creed into the deed,
Nor speak with double tongue.

Tonya

• Veteran Talker
    • What is Normal?
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »

OH! AHHHH!!! I get it!!

You found an ancient "Indian" artifact here in Monroe, you are having a "Corn" removal soon. You originally said Civil War era, then it became Paleo Indian. You said you found it by the house, but there isn't any houses on the corner of Macomb and Front. I know, I live down the street. Not to add, his neice is harrassing you. Please!

Honestly!

I really thought you found something. I know years ago I found several things down by the river, coins, pottery, etc

Regular comedians!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 11:50:36 AM by Tonya »
Ralph Waldo Emerson:

KaWinkyDink

• Active Talker
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 11:55:51 AM »

I don't know if this person is blowing smoke from their pipe, but I do know the Sheet's Family did indeed have a house on that corner when I was growing up.  I fondly remember "Stubby" & his family well.  :-) 
LIFE IS A JOURNEY ... ROLL DOWN THE WINDOW AND ENJOY THE BREEZE !

Tonya

• Veteran Talker
    • What is Normal?
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 12:08:34 PM »

I don't know if this person is blowing smoke from their pipe, but I do know the Sheet's Family did indeed have a house on that corner when I was growing up.  I fondly remember "Stubby" & his family well.  :-) 

Is that the Toe sisters or the brother, Pinky?
Ralph Waldo Emerson:

kel_ameen

• New Talker
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 12:11:42 PM »

OH! AHHHH!!! I get it!!

You found an ancient "Indian" artifact here in Monroe, you are having a "Corn" removal soon. You originally said Civil War era, then it became Paleo Indian. You said you found it by the house, but there isn't any houses on the corner of Macomb and Front. I know, I live down the street. Not to add, his neice is harrassing you. Please!

Honestly!

I really thought you found something. I know years ago I found several things down by the river, coins, pottery, etc

Regular comedians!

I dont really know if it is from the Civil War Era or if it is older.I hope they prove to be older. I dont know anything about the Native Americans really.  These were terms used by my friend who looked at the finds. I was hoping I could get some help with this. Some people arehelping but some people are making fun of me. There truly are all types in this world.

There is too a house right there near the corner where Mr Sheets used to live.

KaWinkyDink

• Active Talker
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 12:31:02 PM »

The Sheets Family home "was" ON the corner not near it.  The home is now gone as are the houses that was next door on Front St, and the house on the Scott St. side  As I said I grew up in that neighborhood back in the day. 

So now "exactly" where did you find whatever it is you claim to have found before I have to draw you a map of the neighborhood complete with who lived where?

kel_ameen

• New Talker
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 12:36:43 PM »

The Sheets Family home "was" ON the corner not near it.  The home is now gone as are the houses that was next door on Front St, and the house on the Scott St. side  As I said I grew up in that neighborhood back in the day. 

So now "exactly" where did you find whatever it is you claim to have found before I have to draw you a map of the neighborhood complete with who lived where?

I found it right where you are talking about yes. Thank you for pointing all that out. Things have changed, some for the better and some not for the better.

KaWinkyDink

• Active Talker
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »

I found it right where you are talking about yes. Thank you for pointing all that out. Things have changed, some for the better and some not for the better.

It still didn't answer the question of "exactly", but whatever .... End of my nickles worth of smoke on all this.

Normal Joe

• Hero Talker
  • Yep..it's true. I'm Normal...
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 01:37:32 PM »

I found an ancient artifact too...!! It was last week, she said her name was Louise. Louise was having a sandwich (BLT w/mayo)...Jimmy Hoffa was there too. Emilia had just left...she had to catch a flight.

P.S. Elvis sends you his best regards, and wants his artifact back.. :o
If all the leaves on all the trees could talk....

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »

I think the bottom line is pretty simple.  If it is not on YOUR property, it is not your artifact.  Now, depending on exactly where it was found, (privately owned land, the river bottom, wherever...) will probably determine who it does belong to.  Turn it in at the museum and let them deal with it.  Maybe they will put your name on it as the finder...
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

KaWinkyDink

• Active Talker
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007, 02:39:11 PM »

I found an ancient artifact too...!! It was last week, she said her name was Louise. Louise was having a sandwich (BLT w/mayo)...Jimmy Hoffa was there too. Emilia had just left...she had to catch a flight.

P.S. Elvis sends you his best regards, and wants his artifact back.. :o

Hey was that the Louise riding with Jimmy, Emilia, and Elvis in Farmer Ted's car that Greg found?  LMAO!!!

kel_ameen

• New Talker
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 03:18:13 PM »

Why didn't you just say that you found it on your own property?

How did you know it was Sheets property?

How did the Sheets family get involved or find out about it?

Where exactly did you find it? Was it along the bank? Was it near the parking lot on the corner? Was it closer to the old camera shop? I know you didn't answer KaWinkyDink's question, but maybe those questions can refresh your memory.

If you can't answer them, then maybe you are a KaWinkyDink.  ;D

For one I dont lie, I am a christian. I know where Norbert used to live. I found it Down by the river. That area was said to be an ancient Indain burial ground, I ahve found out tonight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up