MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Something going in just north of the Marathon on S. Dixie!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something going in just north of the Marathon on S. Dixie!  (Read 5186 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Something going in just north of the Marathon on S. Dixie!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 07:32:05 AM »

That place moved to Telegraph Rd just North of Heiss Rd.    Bad move never see anyone looking at cars there.

Anyone with bad credit certainly isn't going to have $ 400.00 a month for car payments or they could pay their bills.

I never saw anyone looking at cars on S. Monroe either but their inventory seemed to change all the time.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 10:52:14 AM »

As a rule I don't buy used cars but if I did, I'd run a car-fax and see if it was a Monroe County car because you know the suspension is shot. ;D

We have lots and lots of patches on top of patches on top of patches along with a major 'speed bump' in our road.  I love to listen to the various vehicles going up and down the road and all the rattles and jingle jangle, etc.

What surprises me is the number of vehicles I hear that have one (or more) tires with broken belts...

fwump, fwump, fwump they go.  I can hear them a quarter mile down the road but they seem to be completely oblivious to what they're hearing...

maybe they have their speakers turned up so they don't hear it 8) 8) 8)

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 05:47:45 PM »

As a rule, people pay no attention to their tires, never check the pressure, inspect them for brusing or busted belts...  Just run 'em until the either fail or are bald, then it's off to Joe Lake or whever to get another (cheapest) set.

Thats why new cars have TPM's in each wheel to tell the stupid motoring public they have a low tire....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 06:20:38 PM »

The last 2 cars I've had those things never work right. They are always lit up. I had them replaced and they work 2 weeks and the dash thing lights up again. They are junk.
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 06:45:05 PM »

The last 2 cars I've had those things never work right. They are always lit up. I had them replaced and they work 2 weeks and the dash thing lights up again. They are junk.

Just think of the beating they take...

they're spinning around in circles pretty fast at 75 mph... 

then you hit one of our fine 'Snyder' holes and they take a jolt even if the tire does't blow out or the wheel doesn't bend!

Hard to believe we drove for years and years without them...

take a look or kick the tire on the way by and you were good to go! 

Tires are actually much better than they were forty years ago...

the roads...   just the opposite :o :o :o

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 11:56:35 PM »

When you pay $35 each to have them replaced they should work longer than 2 weeks.
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 06:41:27 AM »

When you pay $35 each to have them replaced they should work longer than 2 weeks.

Some of the senders approach a C note plus the cost to install them.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 09:02:42 AM »

Interesting, the ones in CL's ford have never had issue one.  There are 2 distinct types of sensors.  Maybe you have the 'inferior' type.

Most people don't 'kick the tires' today.  They don't know what that means and you cannot ascertain if the tire is underinflated by kicking it when it's a radial.  You have to use a pressure gage and that takes some effort, not something the 'today' crowd wants to do.

I finally bought a tire machine because the brain dead tire jockeys at tire places cannot align the balance dots on the tire carcass with the valve stem in the rim.....  I mounted 5 tires and aligned the balance dot (required on all new tires) with the stem and applied NO WEIGHTS to any of the rims after checking them on the balancer.

They'd rather toss the tire on the machine and mount it and then add weight to balance it.  Wheel weights and alloy rims don't mix all that well.

TPM's are a good way to 'inform' the owner that he/she has an underinflated tire.  It's the 'brain dead' way for a brain dead society.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 10:17:20 AM »

Interesting, the ones in CL's ford have never had issue one.  There are 2 distinct types of sensors.  Maybe you have the 'inferior' type.

Most people don't 'kick the tires' today.  They don't know what that means and you cannot ascertain if the tire is underinflated by kicking it when it's a radial.  You have to use a pressure gage and that takes some effort, not something the 'today' crowd wants to do.

I finally bought a tire machine because the brain dead tire jockeys at tire places cannot align the balance dots on the tire carcass with the valve stem in the rim.....  I mounted 5 tires and aligned the balance dot (required on all new tires) with the stem and applied NO WEIGHTS to any of the rims after checking them on the balancer.

They'd rather toss the tire on the machine and mount it and then add weight to balance it.  Wheel weights and alloy rims don't mix all that well.

TPM's are a good way to 'inform' the owner that he/she has an underinflated tire.  It's the 'brain dead' way for a brain dead society.

Balancing is a major part of the overall 'profit center' in a tire store...   they may not want your tires to 'balance' on their own.

Even when I was first out of high school and working in a tire store we used 'tape-a-weights' on all the Cragars and other fancy wheels.  You could mount them on the inside of the wheel and in the center.  I suppose today they might interfere with some of the brake parts.

http://www.ammcoats.com/wheel-weights/stick-on-adhesive-wheel-weights

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 05:54:35 PM »

All new tires sold in this country no matter where manufactured have balance dots on the sidewalls, thats a DOT requirement.  Align the dot with the valve stem and chances are, no weight is required on the rim.

All I use is adhesive weights (when I need weight which is rarely).  I use spoke weights on the bikes or adhesive weights.

far as I know, thats only passanger and light truck tires.

Very rarely do you balance a heavy truck tire because the spring rates are such that any imbalance won't cause the tire to hop.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 05:57:41 PM »

I want adhesive weights on alloy rims anyway.  Clamp on weights cause rim corrosion and failure of the clear coat.  It's hard today to find steel wheels with hubcaps (which, I prefer).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up