MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What is your most 'memorable' thread from MonroeTalks?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your most 'memorable' thread from MonroeTalks?  (Read 7571 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: What is your most 'memorable' thread from MonroeTalks?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 01:56:08 PM »

Not so much a good one, but memorable.......when all of the out of towners joined in here during the Nevaeh incident.  I ended up getting a lengthy "time out" over fighting those idiots.

I went fishing yesterday and drove by The Harbor Inn and fondly remembered my first get together with the group.

Wish I had made the first one......I heard it was a dandy.

It was a much tighter knit group back then.....wasn't near the emotion in the political threads back then, many more general natured topics started, opinions of others respected for the most part, much less name calling, and generally much more meaner spiritied nowadays.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

lilly

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »

I only have two words to add to this thread.

Kitt Katt
The Republican Party is now a sinkhole of ignorance and bigotry.

AtypicalGirl

• Hero Talker
  • My handsome boy! :)
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2014, 02:31:18 PM »

Not so much a good one, but memorable.......when all of the out of towners joined in here during the Nevaeh incident.  I ended up getting a lengthy "time out" over fighting those idiots.

I went fishing yesterday and drove by The Harbor Inn and fondly remembered my first get together with the group.

Wish I had made the first one......I heard it was a dandy.

It was a much tighter knit group back then.....wasn't near the emotion in the political threads back then, many more general natured topics started, opinions of others respected for the most part, much less name calling, and generally much more meaner spiritied nowadays.

I remember all of the "meetings" we've gone to and it was a fun time had by all!

Ya know, I'm about ready for a beer... or five. lol We should all meet up.  ;)

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2014, 02:36:18 PM »

I only have two words to add to this thread.

Kitt Katt

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »

I remember all of the "meetings" we've gone to and it was a fun time had by all!

Ya know, I'm about ready for a beer... or five. lol We should all meet up.  ;)

I'm game, but that's no secret!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 07:44:45 PM »

Other ones I enjoyed watching Sojo and The Shaggy Marlin debate philosophical topics.  Funny thing was watching Shaggy's tone as the evening progressed and alcohol was consumed. 

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 08:31:16 PM »

The majority of the issues here are politics -
 and I don't recall anyone posting one thread from there as one of their "memorable"   ;D

I sometimes wonder what would've happened if those of us "originals" who went political hadn't done so. There was a point where the silly topics were getting dull, so some of us turned our attention to the exciting Presidential election of 2008, just to keep the juices flowing. In hindsight, that wasn't such a good idea. Now we are on polar opposite sides, and that's not so good for conversation.

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2014, 08:38:41 PM »

Other ones I enjoyed watching Sojo and The Shaggy Marlin debate philosophical topics.  Funny thing was watching Shaggy's tone as the evening progressed and alcohol was consumed.
Shaggy ventured into the 'far side' fairly often. That's when Jer had the advantage, since he didn't imbibe.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2014, 09:06:17 PM »

LOL.....far, and dark side.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2014, 10:06:41 PM »

I sometimes wonder what would've happened if those of us "originals" who went political hadn't done so. There was a point where the silly topics were getting dull, so some of us turned our attention to the exciting Presidential election of 2008, just to keep the juices flowing. In hindsight, that wasn't such a good idea. Now we are on polar opposite sides, and that's not so good for conversation.

Very true!

The other divisive event was the school shooting in Connecticut.........that further split the forum and had so much emotion that discussion in civil manners basically vanished.

I'm still laughing at the Jan Jay and YMCA thread....not sure if that was as good as the Road Commission meetings though.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 08:57:34 AM »

Many still can get together and do...   

The majority of the issues here are politics -
 and I don't recall anyone posting one thread from there as one of their "memorable"   ;D

Actually some in the fun and games have been going for a long time

Sorry, Prof.  The climate isn't the same.  I was at get a get together with LiveLIAR and had no problem doing so.  It was not a worry.  He seemed like a nice guy.  Now, I don't even feel comfortable in the same county, he posts like someone ready to go postal and I don't want to be near him.  To him and 24/7 and a few other it is personal.  The insults, the hate is direct at me personally, not liberals or Democrats or human beings not flipping tea bagger.  There is no longer discussion, just vehicles to show how evil and always wrong I am about everything, no matter what it is.

Oh, and the Jan Jay topics of whatever variety were always political, so political topics were mentioned.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2014, 08:59:04 AM »

Any topic with Shaggy was good stuff.  Lordfly was king of satire.  Miss his input too.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2014, 09:14:44 AM »

Lordfly will still occasionally stop over and see my youngest and her SO who he grew up with.  We enjoy an occasional cigar and an alcoholic beverage or two, or three, or four while hanging around the Puddin' Pit.

Great conversations, and still the same personality.  While we may not share the same views on some political topics we can still have great, rational conversation.

Great guy......his quick to fire up personality has reminded me of a much younger Fuzz since the day I met him. 

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 09:48:23 AM »

Sorry, Prof.  The climate isn't the same.  I was at get a get together with LiveLIAR and had no problem doing so.  It was not a worry.  He seemed like a nice guy.  Now, I don't even feel comfortable in the same county, he posts like someone ready to go postal and I don't want to be near him.  To him and 24/7 and a few other it is personal.  The insults, the hate is direct at me personally, not liberals or Democrats or human beings not flipping tea bagger.  There is no longer discussion, just vehicles to show how evil and always wrong I am about everything, no matter what it is.

Oh, and the Jan Jay topics of whatever variety were always political, so political topics were mentioned.

Sorry Duck, but I have to disagree.  It sure looks like YOU are the one filled with hate, not me. 

This thread was a fun look back in time, and now YOU had to start calling people names, and accuse them of "going postal".  This is just another example where YOU start the insults, not me.

I feel sorry for you.  Hope you feel better soon.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 12:02:09 PM »

One thing that it takes to succeed or get along over a long period in any type of social media relationship -   is the ability to chillax from time to time and not take things personal, and/or don't make things personal.

Let it go...   

Move on...

Have fun...     
Should be the thoughts you hold when posting  ;D

if you can't handle and keep the politics section separate from the rest - then don't go there!
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up