MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Business Openings

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80   Go Down

Author Topic: Business Openings  (Read 83605 times)

Maverick and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Business Openings
« Reply #1170 on: July 31, 2018, 01:21:18 PM »

Harbor Freight is now open.

I stopped at McDonald's Sunday and drove out that way when I left.  No big signs saying open but I did see a couple of people walking out carrying stuff.  They do have a big sign up for one of their parking lot sales sometime in August.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1171 on: July 31, 2018, 08:42:37 PM »

Yesterday there was a Now Open sign up next to the door.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1172 on: August 01, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »

And even though Harbor Freight just opened....  I am sure they are having the first of many everything must go sales this weekend.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1173 on: August 01, 2018, 10:22:19 PM »

Of course.   Posted in a huge banner on their web site.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1174 on: August 02, 2018, 08:32:11 AM »

Fin Feather Fur Outfitters opening in Rossford today.  Never heard of them.  By the ad it looks to be another Cabelas type.   It must be in the area of Bass Pro off I75.

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1175 on: August 02, 2018, 08:56:10 PM »

Makes total sense to open another outdoor outfitter so close to Bass Pro.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1176 on: August 02, 2018, 10:47:23 PM »

Fin Feather Fur Outfitters opening in Rossford today.  Never heard of them.  By the ad it looks to be another Cabelas type.   It must be in the area of Bass Pro off I75.

They are a Akron / Canton based outfit.  I've traveled from here to their store in Ashland, Ohio to buy propellant and primers.  They have good prices always.  Much cheaper than Bass Pro or Cabelas.

They are at Camp Perry every year as ell.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1177 on: August 02, 2018, 10:50:14 PM »

And even though Harbor Freight just opened....  I am sure they are having the first of many everything must go sales this weekend.

Every thing must go and what don't gets restocked for the next 'everything must go' sale.  If they have something on sale I want, I buy it.  Like the free batteries, haven't bought batteries in a long time, at least AAA and AA.

I'd say about 30% of their stuff is good and 70 percent is junk

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1178 on: August 03, 2018, 09:16:38 AM »

Every thing must go and what don't gets restocked for the next 'everything must go' sale.  If they have something on sale I want, I buy it.  Like the free batteries, haven't bought batteries in a long time, at least AAA and AA.

I'd say about 30% of their stuff is good and 70 percent is junk

I'd guess that's a fair assessment. 

We were working on a floor in Florida and I realize I needed to cut the floor along the very front of the cabinets and that meant either but a special saw (I still don't remember the name) or take out the cabinets and use the saw I already had with me.  HF had the saw I needed.  It saved me way more time than what it cost.  Under $100 I remember but don't remember if I bought the extended warranty or not.  Probably I didn't because I figure it was a one time use tool.

I stopped into the new store yesterday but didn't take time to look around much.  It looked pretty much like every other HF store I've ever been in.  I had a 1/2" ratchet that I had bought in a set just to carry in the toolbox when we're traveling.  Their ratchets and sockets look great but the ratchet mechanisms doesn't work as smooth as most ratchets or especially a Snap-On.  There is also a 1/4 and 3/8" ratchet and they worked  good enough to get the job done but when I finally got around to using the 1/2" one it would only turn one way.  Worked good for disassembly but not worth a darn for putting anything back together.

I took it in yesterday to see if they would either fix it or replace it.  When I walked in there was some 'old guy' greeting people.  He said  he would take care of it and suggested I go 'look around'.  I explained I didn't have a lot of time and also that if I 'looked around' I'd end up buying something  didn't need. 

He had gone and told a young gal about the ratchet and she showed him where they were and hot to 'exchange' it.  They ended up opening a new set of sockets and robbing the one out of there.  She was obviously the trainer and he was obviously the trainee.  Looked like most of the staff there were working in similar pairs.  They should all be up to speed by the time of their parking lot sale.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1179 on: August 03, 2018, 10:05:02 AM »

A toe kick saw!  This is the one I bought in Florida and it worked great and did exactly what they said it would do.  I had one inside corner that it left a little material but a chisel and mallet made short work of that one spot. 

Current price is $69.99 unless you have a magic coupon ;) ;) ;)

3-3/8" Blade Toe-Kick Saw #94626

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1180 on: August 03, 2018, 04:44:19 PM »

Those cushion grip ratchets they sell are pretty damn nice for even twice the regular price, but on sale with a 20 or 25% off coupon they are a steal.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1181 on: August 03, 2018, 05:04:03 PM »

Problem with most HF power tools is you can 'let the smoke out' pretty easy and the trademarked stuff is rarely on sale.  I bought an Icon 1/2" drive torque wrench a couple months ago.  I's a nice wrench and it was a hundred bucks.  I like their L=Ion cordless drills but I've read some negative reviews about them, think I'll stick with DeWalt for now.

I did buy a hydraulic gear puller last year that is absolutely fantastic.  I use it to pull frozen brake discs off.  It either pulls them or breaks the disc into 3 pieces.  Either way, it comes off.  No beating, no heating, just pump, pump, pump and wham, it lets go.  Very easy and painless.,

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1182 on: August 13, 2018, 12:36:03 PM »

Something going in just to the south of UPS on Telegraph but there’s no signage to say what. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1183 on: August 13, 2018, 01:01:05 PM »

Something going in just to the south of UPS on Telegraph but there’s no signage to say what. 

How about some more storage buildings?

When we went out to dinner Saturday for our son's birthday I ran into the man that had owned it for a couple of years up until recently.  He said the man bought it as a private party (as opposed to an LLC or Corporation) and never stated what he intended to do with it but he had heard 'through the grapevine' that it was another set of storage buildings.  Our oldest daughter was there and I asked her about it and she said she was looking it over last week and it looks like it might be storage buildings. 

I did read the sign too but it's only about the builder and project manager and nothing about the project itself.

At least they don't have 'Coming Soon' sign up already :o :o :o

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1184 on: Today at 07:37:27 AM »

Well its the same builder that did all the expansion at the storage place across the street.   They are pretty well land locked so maybe they are expanding across the street?

Why do people have so much crap to store?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80   Go Up