MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Road Construction and delays

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Construction and delays  (Read 967 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Road Construction and delays
« on: October 30, 2014, 07:33:23 PM »

Anyone aware of construction or delays on I75 and or I275.  Basically from Temperance to Metro airport.
I don't especially like setting around airports waiting to board so I like to leave home about 2 hrs before the flight

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Road Construction and delays
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:37:27 PM »

I know they've been doing some work on NB 75 all the way from the state line although it seems to be sporadic...   I haven't heard of anything on 275 but can't say for sure.  I'm thinking MDOT should have a map on their website of any construction zones. 
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 08:01:42 PM »

Nothing on 275 shown on the MDOT site.  That's the way I go up to the airport.

I usually take off from Monroe 2 hours before my domestic flights (longer on international) figuring a half hour there, half hour to park and get to the terminal, half hour to print my ticket and get through security, and gets me to the gate about a half hour before departure.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 08:42:24 PM »

Thanks,  I didn't see anything on the website road construction maps but it's always best to check.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 09:17:36 PM »

Thanks,  I didn't see anything on the website road construction maps but it's always best to check.

That's interesting because I just got a tweet from the Monroe News that they were re-tweeting from MDOT:

Construction on Northbound I-75 after S Otter Creek affecting the left lane and center lane until 6 am tomorrow

The interesting thing here (to me anyway) is their website is saying one thing and their Twitter feed is posting something entirely different!  I know they've had some pretty serious tie ups from the state line north in the last few weeks while they're working on the repairs.  I haven't paid enough attention to the info to know when they're 'supposed' to be complete though. 
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: [1]   Go Up