MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 138493 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #3660 on: March 01, 2018, 05:45:53 PM »

Bottom line....both of these inept parties have done it, and will do it again.  It is the unfortunate state of politics and the establishment that continue the madness.  I'd still like to see both parties dissolve and run either as a conservative or liberal that would hopefully bring about a third moderate party.

Sign me up!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/independent-group-now-called-unite-america-names-senate-candidates-224742068.html
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3661 on: March 02, 2018, 05:14:31 PM »

I see a druggie student at CMU (OD'd a few days ago) was probably confronted by "DAD" a cop in Illinois...

Sadly the druggie decided to kill mom and dad as they attempted to take him back home for spring break.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3662 on: March 02, 2018, 05:24:39 PM »

I see a druggie student at CMU (OD'd a few days ago) was probably confronted by "DAD" a cop in Illinois...

Sadly the druggie decided to kill mom and dad as they attempted to take him back home for spring break.

Sounds like he OD'd the night before - and Mom and Dad came up to take care of that.

Very very sad.

I heard he may have used his dads firearm.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3663 on: March 02, 2018, 07:01:16 PM »

And it's hard to believe they didn't know he was an idiot before all of this

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3664 on: March 02, 2018, 08:20:12 PM »

He's toast.  Another 3 hots and a cot on the taxpayers dime.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3665 on: March 31, 2018, 09:39:52 PM »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3666 on: April 01, 2018, 07:11:05 AM »

Not a bad idea but instead of tear gas, how about green chili's.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3667 on: April 23, 2018, 09:43:45 AM »

I was just wondering if anyone went to Walberg's Senior Resource Fair this morning down in Temperance?

Part of it was aimed at veterans but I didn't see anything that  thought I was in need of at this point.

I got a letter type 'invitation' one day last week and my wife didn't get anything so not sure if was only for men or only for veterans or only for people older than my wife (she's only 13 months younger than me) :'( :'( :'(

The invitation letter did a lot of bragging about everything TW has done for seniors and veterans and I'm just wondering if the 'program' won't just be more of 'look what I have done for you' (campaign style)!!!
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3669 on: May 02, 2018, 07:15:50 PM »

You Go, Cowboy!  Fight the good fight.

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3670 on: May 02, 2018, 08:53:15 PM »

Gotta love those personal vendettas wrapped in righteous indignation.  Wonder if they want the 10 cents an hour job?  NO...just want to whine.  Oh, that's right, they're doing it for the "good of the township."  Right.  Doesn't sound like the guy has much to stand on.  Hope the township officials prevail.  They have a thankless job.
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3671 on: May 03, 2018, 08:54:54 AM »

Gotta love those personal vendettas wrapped in righteous indignation.  Wonder if they want the 10 cents an hour job?  NO...just want to whine.  Oh, that's right, they're doing it for the "good of the township."  Right.  Doesn't sound like the guy has much to stand on.  Hope the township officials prevail.  They have a thankless job.
they rank just above school board members - except the pay is much better!
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

AtypicalGirl

• Hero Talker
  • My handsome boy! :)
« Reply #3672 on: May 08, 2018, 11:05:13 AM »

I had just posted this on the thread dedicated to the recall petitions, so I just copied and pasted lol but this will give everyone a better idea of what’s going on.  ;)

Just so you guys are aware, we went to the clarity and factuality hearing yesterday. The Board of Commissoners threw out all three petitions for lack of clarity. I’m almost positive another petition is already in the mail.

I would like to clarify a couple of things...

1. The article that Dean originally posted was inaccurate information. The MEN, once receiving an email from Gary Taepke, posted a correction in the paper... on the second page, where no one would really see it unless they read every inch of the newspaper. I am VERY disappointed in the MEN.

2. As SCF assumed, Gary was awarded the mowing and plowing contracts by a unanimous vote of the Board of Trustees (he abstained from all discussion and voting) because he was the lowest bid in a sealed bid process. Also, let me make a note here - Gary had those two contracts with the Township long before he was elected.

3. Regarding the chloride: the Township has not applied chloride to the roads in about 10 years. They started using brine because it was cheaper. The reason the Board didn’t apply brine to the roads last year was because they were forced to take on debt from the previous board, and were also left with an unbalanced budget. The first fiscal year of this new board, they balanced our budget and now going into the second fiscal year, we have the money to apply brine to the roads this summer. Fun fact: The guy who filed the recall petitions lives on a paved road.

4. I’m positive this recall is linked to the stakes in Gary’s fields. This is ALL personal. The other two members of the Township Board voted the same as those trying to get recalled, yet they did not receive a recall petition. We’ve also encountered someone trespassing on our property recently because we have some things missing from the yard. These cowards can’t battle him with words or intelligence, they have to destroy our property and attack in other ways, so as to not be seen.

During the hearing yesterday, the petitioner kept getting coached by another resident from our Township, Edward Giraud Jr. That particular resident has made it clear he has a problem with Gary and the other two who they were trying to recall. He has many puppets working for him, doing the dirty work.

I know eventually his day will come. I just hope I’m around to see it.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3673 on: May 08, 2018, 05:12:37 PM »

I had just posted this on the thread dedicated to the recall petitions, so I just copied and pasted lol but this will give everyone a better idea of what’s going on.  ;)

Just so you guys are aware, we went to the clarity and factuality hearing yesterday. The Board of Commissoners threw out all three petitions for lack of clarity. I’m almost positive another petition is already in the mail.

I would like to clarify a couple of things...

1. The article that Dean originally posted was inaccurate information. The MEN, once receiving an email from Gary Taepke, posted a correction in the paper... on the second page, where no one would really see it unless they read every inch of the newspaper. I am VERY disappointed in the MEN.

2. As SCF assumed, Gary was awarded the mowing and plowing contracts by a unanimous vote of the Board of Trustees (he abstained from all discussion and voting) because he was the lowest bid in a sealed bid process. Also, let me make a note here - Gary had those two contracts with the Township long before he was elected.

3. Regarding the chloride: the Township has not applied chloride to the roads in about 10 years. They started using brine because it was cheaper. The reason the Board didn’t apply brine to the roads last year was because they were forced to take on debt from the previous board, and were also left with an unbalanced budget. The first fiscal year of this new board, they balanced our budget and now going into the second fiscal year, we have the money to apply brine to the roads this summer. Fun fact: The guy who filed the recall petitions lives on a paved road.

4. I’m positive this recall is linked to the stakes in Gary’s fields. This is ALL personal. The other two members of the Township Board voted the same as those trying to get recalled, yet they did not receive a recall petition. We’ve also encountered someone trespassing on our property recently because we have some things missing from the yard. These cowards can’t battle him with words or intelligence, they have to destroy our property and attack in other ways, so as to not be seen.

During the hearing yesterday, the petitioner kept getting coached by another resident from our Township, Edward Giraud Jr. That particular resident has made it clear he has a problem with Gary and the other two who they were trying to recall. He has many puppets working for him, doing the dirty work.

I know eventually his day will come. I just hope I’m around to see it.

Here's a link to the MonroeNews article regarding the hearing:

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180508/recall-effort-against-london-twp-officials-rejected

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3674 on: May 09, 2018, 07:58:22 AM »

has many puppets working for him, doing the dirty work.

A few well placed "security" cameras would catch the dirty work!     Those motion detecting hunting ones also work well in more remote areas...
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246   Go Up