MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 266   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 189689 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #3720 on: July 09, 2018, 01:29:33 PM »

My goodness, who of us have never been to a company party and rubbed up against some buttock?   ;)

The guy makes a point in that there has been no trial of sorts, that he has been judged and punishment ordered up.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3721 on: July 09, 2018, 05:18:30 PM »

I agree. How do you signal interest ? A text ?  Wheres the crime ? How often does she say " Yeah baby lets get it on " ? How many relationships started with a flirting hand or pinch or a suggestive rub, from either sex ?
I'm not saying rape or unwanted molestation is ok I'm just saying grabbing somebody's *** shouldn't be a crime or a reason to resign or get fired. A date or a slap in the face. Those used to be the consequences.
The end is near !!!
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3722 on: July 09, 2018, 07:40:12 PM »

Unless you know the female really well you best keep your hands off

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3723 on: July 10, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »

The world has certainly changed since when I was a younger man, playful flirting is prohibited by law now I suppose.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3724 on: July 11, 2018, 09:03:27 AM »

with everything being recorded...   it seems...    that will be the new rule -

did she react and enjoy or react and put an "end" to it  :)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3725 on: July 14, 2018, 10:17:27 PM »

And so it goes. When does it end for the leftists? If we agree to wearing a straight jacket whenever we go out in public will that be enough? Let me answer the easy ones, no. They've rammed down gay marriage and trans in the ladies bathroom via the courts and it isn't enough. Screw what a majority of the folks think. If they would have been voted on they would have lost in a landslide. Even in California!

Time we said enough to this fringe group of radical leftists. They say they're  all for Democracy, but they better start acting like it. What if the center right started pushing back hard on these folks? When Ivanka's wealthy, probably older, neighbors decided to protest in front of her home, what if some conservative types came along and decided to take them firmly by the arm and lead them back home? Well the MSM would go Bat S... crazy on you know who.   
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3726 on: July 31, 2018, 07:05:03 PM »

The problems of our universities. What to do? Frankly, I don't think anything will ever be done to "fix" the problems with our universities, they're too entrenched.

The growing expense of a university education is going to be the leading reason for their demise. Thirty plus years ago a middle class family could cover the cost without a tremendous strain. Plus college kids worked during the summer at low skill jobs to add to the kitty. Today forget it! Because the cost of college has far outstripped inflation all these years, the real cost of a college education is hugely more than it was 30 years ago! So what did the government do to deal with this situation? They took over the student loan business completely, and made unsecured loans for 10s of thousands of dollars to 18 year old kids who didn't even have a
credit history, much less a good one. But these kids were willing to sign on the bottom line. Too bad someone didn't sit them down and tell them what life will be like at 22 when they graduate and have to put a roof over their head, buy food, car payments, etc. and make a payment on a $ 40K+ loan. And, oh by the way, a 22 year old college graduate isn't making all that much money in their brand new job.

The only real answer is to lower the cost, but that won't happen. Things will implode when the word finally gets out, or sinks in,  that these institutions are ripping you off and weighing you down with debt as you start out in life just so they can live a cushy life, without much work, and retire with an excellent pension. That dog isn't going to hunt much longer.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:07:52 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3727 on: August 08, 2018, 09:22:53 AM »

Just saw this on a tweet from the MonroeNews. 

The turnout was 28,078 voters, or 23.86 percent of the 117,666 registered voters in Monroe County.

I wonder how many residents of Monroe County are eligible to vote and yet are not registered.

Why is there such an overall apathy to vote ??? ??? ???

With over 75% of voters not voting every candidate or issue might have had a different outcome!!!

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3728 on: August 08, 2018, 11:40:33 AM »

My thought was it was a huge waste of tax money to hold a primary for two parties...   let them hold their own meetings and decide.    With the turnout its going to boil down to that soon anyhow.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3729 on: August 08, 2018, 11:58:09 AM »

it is a shame that more people don't participate. Part of the problem is too many elections. School boards, politicians, millages all on separate dates. That improved somewhat a few years ago when I think they restricted it to 4 times a year. I am an opponent of slipping important votes into obscure dates all year long with the hopes that people will be apathetic and the ballot questions will be decided with small numbers. It goes against my grain to see that. My other pet peeve is being able to ask the same question over and over again until it passes. You don't see anybody asking the question 90 days later if it passes-- Are you sure you meant yes ? We thought we'd just check again to be sure----

Twice a year would be sufficient. I don't know if that would improve the numbers and ballots would certianly be longer but there would be better representation of what the voters really want.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3730 on: August 08, 2018, 01:08:30 PM »

it is a shame that more people don't participate. Part of the problem is too many elections. School boards, politicians, millages all on separate dates. That improved somewhat a few years ago when I think they restricted it to 4 times a year. I am an opponent of slipping important votes into obscure dates all year long with the hopes that people will be apathetic and the ballot questions will be decided with small numbers. It goes against my grain to see that. My other pet peeve is being able to ask the same question over and over again until it passes. You don't see anybody asking the question 90 days later if it passes-- Are you sure you meant yes ? We thought we'd just check again to be sure----

Twice a year would be sufficient. I don't know if that would improve the numbers and ballots would certianly be longer but there would be better representation of what the voters really want.

In some countries the peasants are all forced to vote.  I guess one of our 'freedoms' and 'freedom of speech' is in having the right not to vote but I can't imagine 75% (higher in Monroe County) are protesting by not voting.  Maybe our youth needs more government classes in middle and high school. 

I agree that fewer elections would probably go a long way and it would also save some money.  No doubt elections cost money.  When we were in the clerk's office Monday they had a giant bag of popcorn to help get them through the day Tuesday.

What do you think about E-Voting (online voting).  We've been using this at the local and state levels for our trade association votes for several years now.  It's only a few hundred votes at the local level but at the state level it is thousands of votes.  We use it for both issues and election of officers.  I have never heard a single complaint. 

Another benefit is at 1 second after the votes are 'due' you have an instant tabulation. 

Maybe try this for the midterm and quarterly elections and see how it goes before seeing if we can keep all the russians from voting in a presidential election.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Who to vote for for Governor in November?
« Reply #3731 on: August 08, 2018, 01:16:53 PM »

I literally may skip this one on the November ballot.

Not thrilled with either 'major' candidate and I know enough about Schuette that I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher if he was running unopposed. 

I may be going third party (got to read up first) or maybe doing a write in for Maverick 8) 8) 8)

This country really needs a viable 3rd or even 4th party somewhere between where we are now.  Way too often us 'middle of the roaders' don't have anyone worth voting for.

And that may be a big part of 'why' we have such low election turnout :-\ :-\ :-\

nails

• Hero Talker
Re: Who to vote for for Governor in November?
« Reply #3732 on: August 08, 2018, 02:03:11 PM »

Not thrilled with either 'major' candidate and I know enough about Schuette that I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher if he was running unopposed. 

Not trying to sound stupid, but what is the main problem with Schuette ?

I don't know much about him, although know I don't want Whitmer as Gov.

Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3733 on: August 08, 2018, 03:58:16 PM »

Shuette has been a hard core opponent of marijuana legalization and has gone out of his way to make our current marijuana laws ineffective. Unfortunately for him the marijuana initiative on the november ballot will pull a lot of voters out of their chairs to come vote for recreational legalization. At the same time that all of those voters are there to legalize marijuana I highly doubt that they will also vote for the one guy that has worked so hard against marijuana while they are in the booth. I have a feeling that Gretchen will be our next governor. I won't be voting for either one.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3734 on: August 08, 2018, 03:59:07 PM »

Thats not the only thing I don't like about him. Thats just what I see happening in November and why.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 266   Go Up