MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 256   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 162917 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #3750 on: August 10, 2018, 06:23:09 PM »

Because Whitmer has been out of the spotlight for a wile whereas Schutte hasn't.  Just go back to Granholm's tenure and look at how Gretchen championed all her causes.

Myself, I don't want 4 more years of a Granholm wannabe but by the same token, I don't 4 years of Schuttenocomics either.

I've pretty much made my mind up, I'll voter for neither.  I might write in 'Mickey Mouse'.  Mickey would make a better governor than either of those twp clowns.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3751 on: August 10, 2018, 07:30:24 PM »

I frankly, as yet, don't know much about either candidates policies.

As for not voting for either, I don't agree. I say add up the positives and negatives of both. Then put together your own poll and vote for the candidate that covers a higher percentage of policies you approve of.
To do otherwise I believe is shirking your duty as a citizen. If one candidate offers me 52% of what I want, and the other 48%, seems to me it would be better to have the one offering me 52%.

And frankly, from my viewpoint, finding a Dem I could give even 25% to is unusual. Further, of the 25% I would give them, most are bi-partisan policies that both sides of the aisle agree. 

Remember this, Liberal/leftists find a way to screw up virtually everything they touch. Gotten so bad they're even going to take down pro football. Think about it. These duped football players kneeling must not realize they're cutting their own throat. Why? I would submit easily 60+ percent of their viewing audience aren't whacked out leftists and they resent having leftist politics jammed down their throats when all they want to do is enjoy watching a frigging football game before they have to go back to work on Monday.     

Course what do I know. When I was growing up things were simpler. For example, a lady was a lady. Now we have leftist courts deciding what a lady is for us.
John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3752 on: August 10, 2018, 07:38:58 PM »

I too am going to evaluate who is the worst.  And vote for the other if both were left wing Bernie Sanders wantabee's id bail.
I won't be voting for Muslims or those that want all the free stuff.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3753 on: August 10, 2018, 08:54:14 PM »

I frankly, as yet, don't know much about either candidates policies.

As for not voting for either, I don't agree. I say add up the positives and negatives of both. Then put together your own poll and vote for the candidate that covers a higher percentage of policies you approve of.
To do otherwise I believe is shirking your duty as a citizen. If one candidate offers me 52% of what I want, and the other 48%, seems to me it would be better to have the one offering me 52%.

And frankly, from my viewpoint, finding a Dem I could give even 25% to is unusual. Further, of the 25% I would give them, most are bi-partisan policies that both sides of the aisle agree. 

Remember this, Liberal/leftists find a way to screw up virtually everything they touch. Gotten so bad they're even going to take down pro football. Think about it. These duped football players kneeling must not realize they're cutting their own throat. Why? I would submit easily 60+ percent of their viewing audience aren't whacked out leftists and they resent having leftist politics jammed down their throats when all they want to do is enjoy watching a frigging football game before they have to go back to work on Monday.     

Course what do I know. When I was growing up things were simpler. For example, a lady was a lady. Now we have leftist courts deciding what a lady is for us.

I'll vote, I always do but I may leave certain spaces blank.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3754 on: August 16, 2018, 09:48:24 AM »

Here's an opportunity to see and hear some of the local politicians running for state level offices.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180815/candidate-forum-sept-11-at-monroe-county-community-college

I have had the opportunity to sit and listen to everyone's opinion except Joe Bellino.  I did run into him a few days later and got in a few words with him out at the fair. 

I am a long standing member of our 'Legislative Affairs' committee at our trade association.  We sit down with both or all sides every time there is an election for one of these seats.  We do have to stick to a list of pre-prepared questions that are specifically related to our trade's interests.  In addition to questions from the group we also consider they're past voting record on our interests (assuming the candidate has been in office before and has such a record).  I will be the first to admit that in our process the deck is stacked against the challenger when there is an incumbent involved. 

I'll try to go just to hear what else the candidates have to say.

Incumbent U.S. House Rep. Tim Walberg, R-Tipton, and challenger Gretchen Driskell, D-Saline, have not confirmed if they plan to attend.

If you've ever looked at our very, very gerrymandered congressional district you'll see that Monroe County is a very minor consideration to the whole district.  It appears the candidates are from Lenawee and Washtenaw County and both are apparently staying focused on their local area and up towards Lansing where there are a lot more people. 

It really is time to 're-carve' the turkey on these districts so Monroe voters get a stronger voice!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3755 on: August 16, 2018, 11:00:40 AM »

Probably not enough money in Monroe county for politicians to be concerned

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3756 on: August 22, 2018, 10:26:51 AM »

Sad to read an Illegal killed the missing college student in Iowa...   

Its likely to be buried in the media frenzy to attack Trump -
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3757 on: August 22, 2018, 01:52:31 PM »

So far, President Trump’s campaign chairman, deputy campaign chairman, lawyer, national security advisor and foreign policy advisors have all pleaded guilty to or been convicted of serious crimes.

And yet, for some reason, Trump wants this "Witch Hunt" to end.
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3758 on: August 22, 2018, 03:56:32 PM »

So far, President Trump’s campaign chairman, deputy campaign chairman, lawyer, national security advisor and foreign policy advisors have all pleaded guilty to or been convicted of serious crimes.

You forgot to say  -  from crimes committed long ago - and overlooked when done by Clintons and their friends
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3759 on: August 22, 2018, 04:37:41 PM »

You forgot to say  -  from crimes committed long ago - and overlooked when done by Clintons and their friends
No argument can be made for Trump without invoking Obama or Clinton...
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3760 on: August 22, 2018, 05:25:33 PM »

ZOMG!! Are you really going to defend this despicable, embarrassing, and dangerous "president" just because someone else might have done something similar at some other time? Focus! This guy is bad news. Birds of a feather flock together. Capiche?

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3761 on: August 22, 2018, 05:53:24 PM »

Trump is just what this country needed to get out of the downward spiral Obama put us into.

I couldn’t care one bit if he had a girl on the side like Bill C or JFK, and probably others.

I just want someone to MAGA !

Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3762 on: August 22, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »

Thanks  much better point
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3763 on: August 22, 2018, 08:47:50 PM »

ZOMG!! Are you really going to defend this despicable, embarrassing, and dangerous "president" just because someone else might have done something similar at some other time? Focus! This guy is bad news. Birds of a feather flock together. Capiche?

For a second I thought Moaner was talking about Obama.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3764 on: August 22, 2018, 09:10:33 PM »

You mean the special counsel has found actual evidence that Trump colluded with Russia?

And we have convictions?

Do tell!
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 256   Go Up