MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 223185 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #4170 on: November 21, 2019, 11:46:57 AM »

https://www.monroenews.com/news/20191121/new-trash-carts-distributed-this-week-in-frenchtown

I see Frenchtown went with the local company.

Can someone remind me again why the City of Monroe didn't?

Was the answer they wanted to pay more?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4171 on: November 21, 2019, 12:34:56 PM »

What influences politicians decision?  Is it what's the best deal for the residents?? or something else?

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4172 on: November 21, 2019, 01:28:24 PM »

What influences politicians decision?  Is it what's the best deal for the residents?? or something else?

I've always suspected campaign contributions or flat out bribes.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4173 on: November 29, 2019, 05:14:14 PM »

Received my license plate renewal form. Says I can conveniently do it on-line.  Great,,
I get to the pay part and they want and extra $32.  They can go to hell.  I'll stand in line

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4174 on: November 29, 2019, 05:29:05 PM »

Received my license plate renewal form. Says I can conveniently do it on-line.  Great,,
I get to the pay part and they want and extra $32.  They can go to hell.  I'll stand in line

Sounds like the new Democratic Sec of State is really looking out for the little guy.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4175 on: November 29, 2019, 05:33:01 PM »

We better outlaw those scary knives before it is too late.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10450979/london-bridge-terror-police-breaking-live/
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4176 on: November 30, 2019, 09:37:37 PM »

Sounds like the new Democratic Sec of State is really looking out for the little guy.

Typical.  Tax and spend, the Democrud way...
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4177 on: November 30, 2019, 09:39:26 PM »

https://www.monroenews.com/news/20191121/new-trash-carts-distributed-this-week-in-frenchtown

I see Frenchtown went with the local company.

Can someone remind me again why the City of Monroe didn't?

Was the answer they wanted to pay more?

Got news for you, Stevens sucks.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4178 on: December 01, 2019, 09:57:50 AM »

They make the garbage disappear every week, hence meeting my low expecations for this service.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4179 on: December 01, 2019, 10:01:08 AM »

I've used Stevens for several years and never had a problem with them.
I'd recommend them.
Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4180 on: December 01, 2019, 10:56:44 AM »

I use Stevens and never a problem.  But I only have a can or two ea weeks.   Once I had a bunch of rolled up carpet that the loader wanted to put off saying the truck was to full.  I whipped out a $10 and started loading.  He then helped.  I would have been charged more than that and he wouldn't have seen a dime of it. 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4181 on: December 01, 2019, 12:11:59 PM »

Stevens disposal is an interesting company.  Quite the operators.  Pretty soon, they will have 100% of the refuse hauling in this area and then they will raise the price.  Been picking up our stuff for years but then they are just around the corner from us.

Kind of surprised Monroe don't have them but then it's probably a matter of some kickback that Monroe is good for.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4182 on: December 01, 2019, 12:12:55 PM »

They make the garbage disappear every week, hence meeting my low expecations for this service.

You mean they pick up up there too?  I'll be.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4183 on: December 01, 2019, 02:53:39 PM »

Stevens not only company in Bedford.  I live on deadend street.  There is a different garbage truck every day.  Some days there are 2..
Yeah Stevens is an interesting company.  I think before they were Town and Country and sold out.  Then some years later started again as Stevens.  Maybe different family members

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4184 on: December 01, 2019, 04:34:49 PM »

They actually sold out more than once and stared back up under a different name after they collected the selling funds. I think they sold out to Waste Management and then Republic and like a good cat with 9 lives, came back again.

That business is very shady.

Same family all the time, just changed names.

Always have a sign out front looking for drivers and shop help but then drivers are hard to get today, at least good ones that can speak English.  Observing some of their drivers, I believe it they have a pulse, they have a job.
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280   Go Up