MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 280   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 223410 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #555 on: September 08, 2015, 10:29:40 PM »

Nice going, Flip.  Now you got Fry all excited.  LMAO!!!

I'm not concerned, I'm not into males anyway and if I was (I'm not), I would never consider allowing Fry to blow me anyway.  he's a POS.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #556 on: September 09, 2015, 07:37:34 AM »

That Republicans could gain more support within their party if they would separate Religion away from their platform, and get rid of fools like this for claiming party membership.

http://news.yahoo.com/huckabee-join-rally-clerk-opposed-gay-marriage-083813902.html#

BTW....they let that clerk out of jail in Kentucky.

It's funny that they are supporting her when she's a Democrat! 

LOL   a Democrat wanting to ignore the law...   go figure  ;D

funny how the media has tried to hide that fact and make it look as if she's a conservative R  8*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Davis_(county_clerk)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #557 on: September 09, 2015, 08:15:25 AM »

Yea, it is odd support but Huckebee represents a part of the Republican platform that alienates me the most in intertwining this moral majority and religious twists into government politics.  Separation of Church and State was put into the foundation of our government for a very good reason.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #558 on: September 09, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »

Yea, it is odd support but Huckebee represents a part of the Republican platform that alienates me the most in intertwining this moral majority and religious twists into government politics.  Separation of Church and State was put into the foundation of our government for a very good reason.

The so called Separation of Church and State has been twisted and distorted from its original intentions - like most of the rest of the Constitution.

The Founders were most concerned that the State not impose a State Religion on the country - and people be able to practice the Religion of their choice freely without Government interference.

Now that has been twisted that NO Religious tenants should influence state matters - and that was certainly not the Founders intentions - and if you read the founding documents you will see their religious beliefs throughout.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #559 on: September 09, 2015, 08:49:14 AM »

It's funny that they are supporting her when she's a Democrat! 

LOL   a Democrat wanting to ignore the law...   go figure  ;D

funny how the media has tried to hide that fact and make it look as if she's a conservative R  8*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Davis_(county_clerk)
LOL...even YOU took her insane actions as coming from the R's

Sadly there are moronic conservatives on both sides of the aisle.

But the breakdown is something like 99% in the republican party and 1% in the democratic party.

And that small percentage is mainly in the south.

Hell...could even be higher than that.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #560 on: September 09, 2015, 08:50:32 AM »

But the breakdown is something like 99% in the republican party and 1% in the democratic party.

I wish that 99% number was true.

It is not when you study voting records.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #561 on: September 09, 2015, 09:01:19 AM »

I wish that 99% number was true.

It is not when you study voting records.
Why? Because the right had to compromise occasionally?

Well considering that doesn't happen much anymore...you should be ecstatic.

But then you're a "glass is half empty" pessimistic kind of guy.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #562 on: September 09, 2015, 10:08:15 AM »

The Founders were most concerned that the State not impose a State Religion on the country - and people be able to practice the Religion of their choice freely without Government interference.

Now that has been twisted that NO Religious tenants should influence state matters - and that was certainly not the Founders intentions - and if you read the founding documents you will see their religious beliefs throughout.

Then I guess I can be counted as one that twisted with no religious influence.  I just don't like seeing religion mixed in government.  Religious schools are separated by law in regards to funding, and that is the way I think religion should be totally separated out of politics in general.  May not be a popular belief, but my humble and personal opinion.

That is not to say I think "morality" should not be part of legislation, but morality is somewhat different to religious beliefs.  The share some things, but there is a difference between morality and religions.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #563 on: September 09, 2015, 11:03:39 AM »

LOL...even YOU took her insane actions as coming from the R's

Sadly there are moronic conservatives on both sides of the aisle.

And that small percentage is mainly in the south.

Hell...could even be higher than that.
Proof that there are still conservatives that are D's:

The Most Political Obituary EVER

"Well, on Monday, Philadelphia native Elaine Fydrych‘s obituary was published by the South Jersey Times. After going through her hobbies and love of theater, she gave her mourners one last laugh with some important instructions.

“In lieu of flowers, please do not vote for Hillary Clinton.”

Fydrych’s widowed husband Joseph spoke to Fox about her last words, where he said that she was becoming increasingly distrustful of Clinton the more she heard about her.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY0RCoRwP5s

Of course she was old and on her deathbed when she said that...which lends credence to my observation in another thread on how the word retired seems to have become synonymous with retarded.

Yep...the drip drip drip attacks from the right has had an effect on the gullible.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #565 on: September 11, 2015, 08:18:50 PM »

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/sep/11/anti-fermi-groups-vow-continue-fight/

Some people just protest to protest...   

They want to save the environment but not with clean energy it appears  ???

Probably funded by the Solar and Windmill lobbyist  ;D
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #566 on: September 11, 2015, 08:33:11 PM »

Nuclear just has the high catastrophic risk element that concerns most people, I know it does me but for some reason I am mostly comfortable with it.  The reactors near fault lines and earthquake histories concern me, and there should be some sort of enforceable guidelines that dictate new construction locations.

Someone should plant a seed to Trump that perhaps we fill Mexico with those facilities.  I'm kidding of course, perhaps Canada.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #567 on: September 11, 2015, 08:41:39 PM »

Put Nuclear plants along the Mexican Border!   what a great idea - they have the best security...  think of the millions we can save on Border Patrol alone!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #568 on: September 11, 2015, 08:49:22 PM »

LOL.....I guess that could be a problem.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #569 on: September 11, 2015, 09:18:22 PM »

Put Nuclear plants along the Mexican Border!   what a great idea - they have the best security...  think of the millions we can save on Border Patrol alone!

With all ventilation fan exhausts facing south......
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 280   Go Up