MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 276   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 213785 times)

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #885 on: December 27, 2015, 11:52:40 PM »

A Terrified Trump Throws A Twitter Tantrum After Bernie Sanders Truth Bombs His Lies.

A terrified Donald Trump threw a temper tantrum on Twitter after Bernie Sanders obliterated the billionaire by fact bombing his lies.

During an interview on CBS’ Face The Nation, Sen. Sanders said, “Meanwhile, interestingly enough, John, this is a guy who does not want to raise the minimum wage. In fact, he has said that he thinks wages in America are too high. But he does want to give hundreds of billions of dollars in tax breaks to top three-tenths of one percent.”

Trump responded by throwing a fit on Twitter:

@BernieSanders-who blew his campaign when he gave Hillary a pass on her e-mail crime, said that I feel wages in America are too high. Lie!

Video proves that Trump has said that wages are too high twice.

The first time was during the Fox Business Republican presidential debate:

https://youtu.be/VRmi28fjNOs

During the debate, Trump said, “But, taxes too high, wages too high, we’re not going to be able to compete against the world. I hate to say it, but we have to leave it the way it is. People have to go out, they have to work really hard and have to get into that upper stratum. But we can not do this if we are going to compete with the rest of the world. We just can’t do it.”

Trump repeated the same point about wages the next morning on MSNBC’s Morning Joe:

https://youtu.be/Ow4aBl3g5Cw

Trump said, “We have to become competitive with the world. Our taxes are too high. Our wages are too high.”

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/12/27/terrified-donald-trump-throws-twitter-tantrum-bernie-sanders-truth-bombs-lies.html
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #886 on: December 28, 2015, 08:11:02 AM »

I don't see where Trump lied about a thing.

Bernie wants to legislate prosperity.

Trump understands you cant.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #887 on: December 28, 2015, 08:35:56 AM »

I don't see where Trump lied about a thing.

Bernie wants to legislate prosperity.

Trump understands you cant.
Well he's been quoted twice where he has stated that wages are too high, yet he claims that is a lie.

And you don't see where he lied.

Talk about having blinders on.  8*
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #888 on: December 28, 2015, 09:31:23 AM »

Well he's been quoted twice where he has stated that wages are too high, yet he claims that is a lie.

And you don't see where he lied.

Talk about having blinders on.  8*
Talking about the way our system is in comparison to the low wage countries that we are competing against like "China"...  is much different than what you are attributing the statement to.

Context needs to be considered when cherry picking ...  and I don't blame You and Bernie for doing it - we all do it to make our "Point"...   Just saying
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #889 on: December 28, 2015, 09:47:55 AM »

Tiny....

I just cannot picture Trump as terrified, thats not in his persona at all.....

"A Terrified Trump Throws A Twitter Tantrum After Bernie Sanders Truth Bombs His Lies."
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #890 on: December 28, 2015, 09:48:56 AM »

Talking about the way our system is in comparison to the low wage countries that we are competing against like "China"...  is much different than what you are attributing the statement to.

Context needs to be considered when cherry picking ...  and I don't blame You and Bernie for doing it - we all do it to make our "Point"...   Just saying
Please explain how when he stated "our wages are too high and we just have to work harder to get to that upper stratum" is cherry picking.

What exactly was he trying to say here and how is it being taken out of context?

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #891 on: December 28, 2015, 09:51:09 AM »

Tiny....

I just cannot picture Trump as terrified, thats not in his persona at all.....

"A Terrified Trump Throws A Twitter Tantrum After Bernie Sanders Truth Bombs His Lies."
Yes I agree. Terrified should be changed to angry.

Angry Trump is Angry.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #892 on: December 28, 2015, 10:05:03 AM »

Yes I agree. Terrified should be changed to angry.

Angry Trump is Angry.

Candidly speaking, I've felt since the beginning, that it's a 'game' with Trump.  He's the only candidate that is 'in it', not for the 'job' and it's fringes (like all professional politicians are) but for initiating meaningful change and forcing the Beltway bozo's to be accountable to their constitutients...  (something that Lansing needs as well...)

Trump is a game player, thats how a successful business is managed.  He's damn good at gamemenship, as evidenced by his empire....  Why I like him and will continue to support him.

I still maintain that we need a successful businessman in Washington, not a life long professional politician who's only job (if you want to call it a job) is being a pseudo representative of the people.

Trump isn't that and that is fine with me.

I expect him to make blunders and take missteps.  He freely admits that until 6 months ago he wasn't a 'professional politician'..... and he still isn't and that is what I like about him.  I've had a bellyfull of life long politicians, whose only goal in life is perpetuation of a paycheck, sucking up as much special interest money as possible and getting wealthy off the voting public and not even representing their best interests....  did I describe Hillary there to a Tee????

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #893 on: December 28, 2015, 10:08:31 AM »

Sadly, this forum distills everything down to D or R or Independent, thats too bad.

I don't view Trump as a Repuke at all or Hil or Bernie or any of the candidates.  I look at their actual planks and their records and make my determination (vote) on that alone.

Past practice always sets precedent  and that applies to all the candidates as well.

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #894 on: December 28, 2015, 11:02:13 AM »

That's pretty well said there SCF. I can see the need for persons running for office needing a support group (political party) to help fund them, provide guidance, etc.

I may have my leaning in my attitudes and such and can be labeled this or that. But I've never voted for a party or along a party line. You're right, it's too bad that much of this discussion degrades into categorizing others instead of addressing their ideas and viewpoints.
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #895 on: December 28, 2015, 11:39:19 AM »

Please explain how when he stated "our wages are too high and we just have to work harder to get to that upper stratum" is cherry picking.

What exactly was he trying to say here and how is it being taken out of context?

Gee did you miss this part...
 But we can not do this if we are going to compete with the rest of the world. We just can’t do it.”

As he has said - our trade agreements are against the American workers -   

You actually think NAFTA and the new  Obama Clinton intiative in Asia will be any better for the workers seeking jobs in the US?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #896 on: December 28, 2015, 02:04:46 PM »

You actually think NAFTA and the new  Obama Clinton intiative in Asia will be any better for the workers seeking jobs in the US?
Some would say this had an effect on the electing of Obama - kind of like a referendum  ;)
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #897 on: December 28, 2015, 02:12:22 PM »

Gee did you miss this part...
 But we can not do this if we are going to compete with the rest of the world. We just can’t do it.”

As he has said - our trade agreements are against the American workers -   

Let's see, Bernie Sanders was against NAFTA and the TPP.

Guess that's another reason why I'm voting for him

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #898 on: December 28, 2015, 03:56:14 PM »

Some would say this had an effect on the electing of Obama - kind of like a referendum  ;)

Which would be assuming the voters knew enough to HAVE a referendum.....
 ;)
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #899 on: December 28, 2015, 06:58:47 PM »

Which would be assuming the voters knew enough to HAVE a referendum.....
 ;)
It was a referendum -    Free stuff for all,   Free Medical insurance included...   

problem is that no one learned the truth until after the election the way it was set up by design.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 276   Go Up