MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 278   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 220285 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2015, 11:19:34 PM »

I'm thinking I'd pay money to watch Sharpton go through police training...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sheriff Joe Invites Al Sharpton To Experience Real Police Training

After local civil rights activist Jarrett Maupin had a change of heart through his involvement with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department, Arizona lawman Joe Arpaio wants to extend the same courtesy to Al Sharpton.

Maupin took part in a training exercise recently which gave him a hands-on understanding of the split-second decisions law enforcement officers must make in the line of duty.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/sheriff-joe-invites-al-sharpton-experience-real-police-training/#QMjU0vy2sXlOtvJR.99
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »

The government sure hates Sheriff Joe but this country needs about 1000 more like him

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2015, 07:22:47 AM »

LANSING -- Retailers on Thursday praised Gov. Rick Snyder for signing legislation they said would help put them on a level playing field by requiring large online retailers such as Amazon to collect and remit the state's 6% sales tax.

The "Main Street Fairness" legislation is aimed at requiring large Internet retailers with a presence in Michigan, such as Amazon, to collect and remit the state sales tax on Michigan purchases, starting Oct. 1.

The bipartisan legislation was pushed by traditional retailers who say tax-free Internet sales are unfairly undermining their businesses.

"Local brick-and-mortar businesses drive our economy and without implementing this fix, whey will continue to serve as showrooms for online retailers," Snyder said.

Oh Thank God Snyder and the Legislature saved main street by taxing the internet!

What a joke!

Do they REALLY think I buy that is why they did this? 

Its just another money grab.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2015, 12:14:20 PM »

I'm thinking I'd pay money to watch Sharpton go through police training...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sheriff Joe Invites Al Sharpton To Experience Real Police Training

After local civil rights activist Jarrett Maupin had a change of heart through his involvement with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department, Arizona lawman Joe Arpaio wants to extend the same courtesy to Al Sharpton.

Maupin took part in a training exercise recently which gave him a hands-on understanding of the split-second decisions law enforcement officers must make in the line of duty.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/sheriff-joe-invites-al-sharpton-experience-real-police-training/#QMjU0vy2sXlOtvJR.99

What Sharpton needs is a 'vacation' in one of Arpaio's pup tents under a bridge and working on a road gang in the daytime.....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2015, 12:15:37 PM »

Oh Thank God Snyder and the Legislature saved main street by taxing the internet!

What a joke!

Do they REALLY think I buy that is why they did this? 

Its just another money grab.

Give Snyder a second term abd he instantly goes to hell..............
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2015, 12:33:23 PM »

Give Snyder a second term abd he instantly goes to hell..............

Just think of the size of the surplus now!
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2015, 05:46:47 PM »

Might be better served in the WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING category?   8*

Gee I'll risk my 68K/yr job  by using the company card for my personal stuff?
It almost like the School Principle that embezzled from the boy scouts

Started back in 2011 and they just discovered it this past November?
You can only fool a few auditors - for a while...   
I find it hard to believe this wasn't caught earlier by auditors?   

============================================
The City of Milan’s former clerk-treasurer has been charged with felony embezzlement after she was accused of racking up thousands of dollars in personal purchases on the city’s credit card.

Sherry L. Steinwedel, 49, of (edited out address)., Milan, was arraigned before First District Judge Jack Vitale this week on a charge of embezzlement by a public official, a felony that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000

Ms. Steinwedel was freed on a personal bond.

She has resigned as clerk-treasurer, an appointed position she held since 1998.

“This appears to be an isolated problem,” Milan Mayor Michael Armitage said in a statement. “The City of Milan is committed to transparency as well as a high level of ethics within city government.”

Ms. Steinwedel is accused of using a city-owned credit card to charge between $3,000 and $5,000 in personal purchases at retailers such as Crafts 2000, Walmart, Hobby Lobby and Macy’s, according to the Michigan State Police of the Monroe post.

First Lt. Tony Cuevas, post commander, said the illegal transactions appeared to have begun at least since 2011. Ms. Steinwedel reportedly tried to repay some of those purchases, but charges were filed anyway, he said.

“You just can’t use city funds to make personal transactions,” Lt. Cuevas said. “The credit card is only for official use.”

The city’s auditing firm discovered discrepancies in November and notified city officials. Milan police then asked the state police to conduct an independent investigation to avoid any potential conflicts of interest.

advertisement
Lt. Cuevas said the detective investigated the case for about two weeks.

According to Michigan law, an embezzlement charge becomes a felony for a public official who spends more than $50 of public funds for personal use.

Ms. Steinwedel has resigned from her position, which paid her an annual salary of at least $68,750, an amount that was approved beginning in the 2011-12 fiscal year.

The Monroe County Prosecutor’s Office authorized the charge afte the investigation and Ms. Steinwedel appeared in court this week. She was released on a $5,000 personal bond and has not hired an attorney, court records show. She is scheduled back in court Thursday for a pretrial hearing.

Mayor Armitage said there does not appear to be any direct correlation between her resignation and the discovery of the illegal activity.

He said he will continue to be committed to monitor city finances. The audit, the mayor added, has been completed and turned in to the Michigan Department of Treasury for review.

“The city has been in the process of and will continue to implement procedures which will provide for more efficient monitoring systems of the city’s finances by the city administration,” the mayor said.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/jan/16/ex-milan-treasurer-faces-charges/?news
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2015, 11:07:27 PM »

I'm thinking someone blasted a page and a half of posts to bury this topic :-)
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2015, 01:11:29 AM »

I'm thinking someone blasted a page and a half of posts to bury this topic :-)
That would insinuate that I would have an interest in covering up the transgressions of a treasurer...which is absurd. The way the right envisions conspiracies in everything is just crazy. Perhaps it's related to the typical weight problems that seem so common amongst fat cat republicans. They seem to suffer from sleep apnea...which boils down to oxygen deprivation...basically starving the brain. Either that or the right is just perpetually drunk.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2015, 08:33:47 PM »

I thought it was a good speech by Snyder tonight.

I liked most of the vision and ideas he laid forth.

I guess my favorite was him hitting on the Middle College Concept - something that Monroe County does very well, and that Michigan needs to do something to combat drug abuse - something Monroe County also does very well.

I must admit I didn't see the whole thing - but I was especially impressed with his ending - taking a swipe at the dysfunction in Washington, and that they are focused on relentless positive action.

I hope the state can move in a positive direction - without more tax dollars.

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2015, 11:23:23 PM »

Interesting to find that a topic on Islamic Terrorist and free speech -
Was locked by the admin?
and it wasn't the thread that had all the bickering in it
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2015, 06:43:03 AM »

So bickering okay - but spam by Dickweed not okay?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2015, 10:23:45 AM »

I'm thinking the Admin was snoozing on the job and locked the wrong thread
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2015, 10:57:39 AM »

Gee another City manager that likes to punish employee's ...   ;D

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/jan/21/city-manager-apologizes-for-withholding-union/
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2015, 11:14:30 AM »

Gee another City manager that likes to punish employee's ...   ;D

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/jan/21/city-manager-apologizes-for-withholding-union/

He says there are still "many great things we can accomplish by working together."

I love managers (in any field) that say one thing and do the complete opposite...

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 278   Go Up