MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 270   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 196907 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2015, 06:44:34 PM »

Here's a link to the article from Saturday's paper:

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/jan/26/monroe-really-dangerous-place-view-stats-can-be-mu/

That's what I was referring to... 

I guess it goes to prove the adage

Liar's figure and figures Lie...   

Let's get back to buying cars to replace ones for no reason than we've always done it this way...     ;)   

After all there's no data on that we could possibly understand if the crime data is that useless  ;D
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2015, 07:26:02 PM »

It could be an interesting week in the stock market.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_GREECE_ELECTION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-01-25-12-09-15

A 270 billion dollar bailout?

Hell, we print that much extra funny money every 100 days or so.

That's peanuts!!!!
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2015, 09:05:52 AM »

When the concept of MT was first started (the previous forum was 'Eyes and Ears') the idea was to get a 'pulse' on what the public thought about 'current events' in the area.

I know that in those years with the increased use of Facebook has changed the impact that MT may have but I still think many of the MonroeNews staff are reading what is going on right here!

I've noticed a few "articles" lately - based off of similar discussions here   

The crime stats - that we are told are faulty  :o

The Heroin issues -

The Road Commission - new members thoughts on topics like GPS's   

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2015, 07:34:37 PM »

Wonder by whom and how this amount of money is administered?  The total price tag of foreign aid through the State Department and the Pentagon has to be astronomical!

http://news.yahoo.com/us-says-details-aid-afghan-army-now-secret-180956976.html

The US military will no longer divulge facts and figures about its costly effort to assist Afghan security forces, declaring the information top secret, officials said Thursday.

The move marks an about-face for the Pentagon, which for the past six years has reported a range of data about the $65 billion program to build up the Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF).

The information included how US taxpayers' money has been spent and the state of the troubled country's police and army.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2015, 06:37:45 AM »

Oh my.....

The Gov talks of combining departments....

And there is a big budget hole.....

Could there be a connection?

Hmmmmmm.....

That collective sigh of relief you just heard was from four special interest groups that are apparently going to escape the budget axe when lawmakers start wielding it in a few weeks.

The state’s jobless rate dropped out of the top 10 this week and we are reportedly in year number six of an economic recovery, but yet the state still finds itself in a $550 million budget hole.

And there are only two ways to balance the books. Raise taxes. Ha. Or cut spending. Now you're talking.

Word has gone out from the House and Senate budget committee chairs to start cutting, but Rep. Al Pscholka (R-West Michigan) and Sen. Dave Hildenbrand (R-West Michigan) have tacked on a little note: Leave K-12, higher education, community colleges and local revenue sharing alone.

Everybody else, beware.

Those four areas are sacrosanct because for one thing, higher ed took a 15 percent cut during the first year of the Snyder administration. And the other areas are considered to be spending priorities.

Rep. Sam Singh from East Lansing with a little school in his backyard says, “We’ve seen the pain that has been created by the governor’s extreme cuts in 2011. Now is the time to protect higher ed.”

While those areas dodged the bullet, state civil servants see one coming their direction on two fronts.

These budget cuts could produce layoffs. “I can not rule out adjustments in employment at all,” Rep. Pscholka advises the 50,000-plus state workers.

Simultaneously the governor wants to combine two departments into one, and that usually means somebody ends up on the unemployment line.

The governor offers nothing that is reassuring with regard to layoffs to state workers: “I’m not going to promise that.”

Sen. Peter MacGregor (R-West Michigan) is more direct. “There will be efficiencies. So part of that efficiency means that probably some people will be let go,” he said, but he’s not sure.

Union lobbyist Nick Ciaramitaro adds a note of caution, suggesting if the governor and or lawmakers uses attrition or layoffs to balance the books or save money, they better be careful.

“Either would be a disaster because you simply don’t have enough people now to cover the work level.”

http://www.mlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/01/tim_skubick_the_four_untouchab.html#incart_river

Of course the Union doesn't think there is enough people.....  I guess we should take their word for it and vote for the tax increase in May?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2015, 10:44:20 AM »

11 AM announcement if Romney is going to run for President.....

Isn't it kind of early to start the 2016 campaign?

8*
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2015, 12:48:43 PM »

I won't have to suppress my gag instinct to vote for Romney again!

Now here is hoping I don't have to suppress my gag instinct to vote for Jeb!
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2015, 02:16:14 PM »

I won't have to suppress my gag instinct to vote for Romney again!

Now here is hoping I don't have to suppress my gag instinct to vote for Jeb!
Your right-wing "friends" said you don't have a gag reflex.  ;)
But since they ARE republicans...maybe they don't possess the proper equipment to make you gag.  ;D
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2015, 02:23:29 PM »

Oh my.....

The Gov talks of combining departments....

And there is a big budget hole.....

Could there be a connection?

Hmmmmmm.....

http://www.mlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/01/tim_skubick_the_four_untouchab.html#incart_river

Of course the Union doesn't think there is enough people.....  I guess we should take their word for it and vote for the tax increase in May?
Oh my...

Could it be that the big budget hole was caused by the elimination of the business tax that Snyder promised if he were elected?

And the layoffs will harm the economy...ruining the lives of the middle class, and the reduced tax base will mean less government.

Which should give you glee since they'll be more citizens that'll have less than you that you can sneer at.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2015, 06:04:40 PM »

I'm thinking if the Democrats were so worried about the middle class - they might not have gotten their Arse kicked in the last election  or 2

Do as I say but not as I do doesn't cut it here in Michigan
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2015, 06:44:06 PM »

I'm thinking if the Democrats were so worried about the middle class - they might not have gotten their Arse kicked in the last election  or 2

Do as I say but not as I do doesn't cut it here in Michigan
Yet another display of failed logic. The party of "NO!" (republicans) tried to ensure that Obama would only serve one term...and when that failed-
-the right continued their agenda of making everything worse. The plan was intent on future historians to view the Obama Presidency unfavorably but the fact is...Obama pulled us past the failed republican policies of the worst president ever...Bush.

If you think that the electorate chose republicans because of their support for the middle class...well, then you haven't been paying attention.

Here's a hint...the R's don't support middle class policies...but they're real good at getting the parrots to repeat the lies...which is what happened in the last election...voter apathy. That combined with the easily swayed and uninformed...well it's easy to see how the electorate voted against their own self-interest.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2015, 07:16:28 PM »

Pulled us past the failed policies of.....  William Jefferson Clinton......  and his friends in Congress Barney Frank and Company......

Buy hey - lets just blame it all on Bush.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2015, 09:18:30 PM »

Your right-wing "friends" said you don't have a gag reflex.  ;)
But since they ARE republicans...maybe they don't possess the proper equipment to make you gag.  ;D

Ah yes, yet another gay/penis/phallic comment from the forum's lowest common denominator.

Crawl back in your hole, Frenchy.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2015, 10:20:37 PM »

Ah yes, yet another gay/penis/phallic comment from the forum's lowest common denominator.

Crawl back in your hole, Frenchy.

Thats dickweed
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2015, 10:33:07 PM »

Yet another display of failed logic. The party of "NO!" (republicans) tried to ensure that Obama would only serve one term...and when that failed-
-the right continued their agenda of making everything worse. The plan was intent on future historians to view the Obama Presidency unfavorably but the fact is...Obama pulled us past the failed republican policies of the worst president ever...Bush.

If you think that the electorate chose republicans because of their support for the middle class...well, then you haven't been paying attention.

Here's a hint...the R's don't support middle class policies...but they're real good at getting the parrots to repeat the lies...which is what happened in the last election...voter apathy. That combined with the easily swayed and uninformed...well it's easy to see how the electorate voted against their own self-interest.
Blah Blah Blah... Obama isn't running Michigan...
Granny ran it in the ground - the party that claimed to be for the middle class - who chased away jobs with high taxes!
Snyder came in with a plan - and not all of it I agree with or like - but at least he had a plan and it has been working to revive the businesses that are needed for those things that create the middle class...   as they provide JOBS...

Funny how you think the electorate is so ignorant - it's the same ones that gave Granny a few terms and saw the failures...   
You can only fool the voters so long  ;)   and they will start looking at alternatives
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 270   Go Up