MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 266   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 189645 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #285 on: May 26, 2015, 10:12:11 AM »

But why waste a good rant because of reality... carry on.

Why ignore the true subject and comment on the joke... of course some may not have a sense of humor

Why deport when you get more votes...  ;D

Heck those people waiting in line legally deserve to move to the back of the line
 according the D party current administration... 

why make room for someone who wants to come here "LEGALLY"?  I'm trying to figure out when Reagan ordered "States" not to enforce immigration laws - or when his Attorney General decided to not enforce them?   We are talking Deportation aren't we?

Of course there will be more deportations - there are "MILLIONS" of illegals...

not sure the general population % of contact with LE  but it would figure about 5-10%
(Okay I googled it for Duck  ;D  it's closer to 15-20%   http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpp08.pdf )

and if 200k are deported at the border (in other words stopping the flow)... 
the larger the populace the larger the number of deportee's
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #286 on: May 26, 2015, 10:24:19 AM »

Interesting the Supreme Court has a case based on representing Illegals in a district or not ...  do they count as future voters?

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court agreed Tuesday to hear an important case about whether states must count only those who are eligible to vote, rather than the total population, when drawing electoral districts for their legislatures.
The case from Texas could be significant for states with large immigrant populations, including Latinos who are children or not citizens. The plaintiffs claim that redrawing electoral districts based on the population of citizens and non-citizens alike violates the constitutional requirement of one person, one vote.
The challengers claim that taking account of total population can lead to vast differences in the number of voters in particular districts, along with corresponding differences in the power of those voters.
The Project on Fair Representation is funding the lawsuit filed by two Texas residents. The group opposes racial and ethnic classifications and has been behind Supreme Court challenges to affirmative action and the federal Voting Rights Act.
The court's 1964 ruling in Reynolds v. Sims established the one person, one vote principle and means that a state's legislative districts must have roughly the same number of people. But the court has never determined whether the state must count everyone or just eligible voters - or have some leeway to choose.
A ruling for the challengers would shift power to rural areas and away from urban districts in which there are large populations of immigrants who are not eligible to vote because they are children or not citizens.
The case, Evenwel v. Abbott, 14-940, will be argued in the fall.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SUPREME_COURT_VOTING_RIGHTS?SITE=MIMON&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #287 on: May 26, 2015, 12:48:53 PM »

Why ignore the true subject and comment on the joke... of course some may not have a sense of humor

That was supposed to be humor?

"Why deport when you get more votes."  where is the humor?  It seems intended to be a partisan insult. 

Of course there will be more deportations - there are "MILLIONS" of illegals...

not sure the general population % of contact with LE  but it would figure about 5-10%
(Okay I googled it for Duck  ;D  it's closer to 15-20%   http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpp08.pdf )

and if 200k are deported at the border (in other words stopping the flow)... 
the larger the populace the larger the number of deportee's

The accusation is and has been that Obama ignores illegal immigrants.  The facts show he deports far more than Bush did, and no the numbers did not go up for Obama.  A great deal of immigrants left with the recession.

What I dislike is the continual accusation that illegal immigration is all democrats fault.  It is not.  My opinion is that if there is 11 million illegal immigrants, then there is 11 million illegal immigrants being paid lower wages by companies illegally employing them.  Republicans always claim that democrats are at fault and the illegal aliens are evil or whatever and NEVER admit the republican covered companies employing them.  Stop illegal employment and there would be NO - zero- none - illegal aliens.  Yet, never is that a part of any republican equation. just accuse others and pretend.

But then the accusations are all humor that I don't get according to you.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #288 on: May 26, 2015, 12:51:31 PM »

That was supposed to be humor?

"Why deport when you get more votes."  where is the humor?  It seems intended to be a partisan insult. 

Apparently satire isn't your forte'    I get it.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #289 on: May 26, 2015, 08:28:59 PM »

Your comment wasn't satire...it was parroting partisan lies.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #290 on: May 26, 2015, 08:53:35 PM »

I guess that is TWO posters that don't get Satire.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #291 on: May 26, 2015, 08:58:31 PM »

That's why some don't get Shakespeare either... takes a little more to grasp
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #292 on: May 26, 2015, 09:00:40 PM »

That's why some don't get Shakespeare either... takes a little more to grasp

I love Shakespeare.

He was a dirty old man.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #293 on: May 26, 2015, 09:11:23 PM »

Yeah, I never did get how insults are "humor" but it made you chuckle to be insulting so carry on.  Oh, do you tell people they are fat and laugh at them too?

Aww amn, all those times you felt all insulted for me calling you an intolerant tea bagger was just satire too and you just felt all bad and stuff.  Gosh, funny how it has to be an insult at some else's expense to be "funny" to you.

But, then I can't recall you ever being close to civil. (insert huge laughing smiley so MN is not insulted)

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #294 on: May 26, 2015, 09:49:38 PM »

Amid the news that Michigan Governor Snyder is seeking to cut the popular tourism program to fund Michigan's roads, Pure Michigan today announced a new campaign.  The campaign is targeted at those who are thinking about visiting Michigan during the popular summer months, but ads will run year round.
Highlights of the new campaign focuses on all the fun activities that can be had in the beautiful state of Michigan, regardless of the under-funded roads.  Here are some of those activities:

Roller Coaster Potholes

Drive straight over every pothole and let the fun begin!  Experience ups and downs that toss you around and let the seatbelt snap against your breastbone.  Watch as your belongings get flung around the car and make a game out of guessing where they'll land.  Just make sure you throw your hands up and shout out "Wooooo!" when you hit the potholes the size of your car!  Great fun for all ages.

Life-Size Bumper Cars

If hitting every pothole isn't your taste, then Life-Size Bumper Cars are for you!  Dodge every pothole, swerving from left to right and back again, avoiding the cars coming at you that are dodging potholes too.  Each jerk of the wheel will bring you a winning combination of delight and horror, whether you're the driver or a passenger on this trip.  Just watch out for those hidden potholes that sneak up on you!  Too many of those and your game, and car, will be over.  Suitable for all ages, driver must have valid license.  Beginner - Residential roads.  Intermediate - Country roads.  Expert - State highways.

Is This Bridge Safe?

Who doesn't like to play the popular car game Is This Bridge Safe?  Looks can be deceiving, and every bridge will keep you on the edge of your car seat as you start to cross over.  Enjoy the thrills as you look down on rivers, railroad tracks and valleys below.  Feel the triumph as you exit the bridge safe and sound, and be sure to applaud the success.  Also entertaining is the related game, Will This Bridge Collapse On Me?  Have fun driving the underpasses, too!  Designed for all ages.  Note: Should a bridge collapse while you are driving on it, enjoy the ride down, and remember, it's just like bungee jumping, but with no bungee.

Front Flip Motorcycle

Special just for the summer months for the motorcyclist in your life, it's the Front Flip Motorcycle carnival game.  All you need is that perfect pothole, enough speed, and a sense of adventure!  See how much air you and your bike can catch, and compare with others.  Just be careful, as one wrong move, and the game is over.  Fun for ages 18+.  Must wear helmet or have helmetless insurance.

And the fun just intensifies in winter:

Hockey Cars

By mid-winter, most of the salt and sand will be long gone so that's the perfect time to experience Hockey Cars, a fast-paced game that inflicts severe damage on the other players and their cars.  Enjoy the ice-slicked roads as you spin out on turns, slide long distances to stop, and maybe, just maybe, experience a large pile-up.  Just be prepared to wait in cold weather for a long time for that tow truck to show up!  Fun for the entire family.

Spring isn't left out either:

Highway Rapids

Enjoy the experience of being rushed along with floodwaters from the safety of your car.  Imagine seeing some of Michigan's oldest cities as the floodwaters rush you down highways not designed for downpours.  A thrilling experience that children of all ages are sure to enjoy again and again, weather permitting.

As if all the fun listed above wasn't enough, there's an added bonus.  For a limited time, tourists can get their very own glass bottle full of Michigan road gravel.  That's right!  You can reminisce about the fun you had in Michigan with your bottle of road gravel, removed from paved roads, as Michigan converts the roads back to gravel.

Won't you come join us for some fun that's "Pure Michigan"?
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/05/26/1387985/-Pure-Michigan-Announces-New-Ad-Campaign-Finds-Silver-Lining-in-Poor-Road-Conditions

I don't usually post an entire article, but being as it is at Kos and most here would ignore it if I just posted the link I thought it best.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #295 on: May 27, 2015, 12:40:14 AM »

The citizens are forming a referendum to legalize and tax "pot"... 

Give the state tax money and what else would they do with it right now?
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #296 on: May 27, 2015, 06:46:24 AM »

The citizens are forming a referendum to legalize and tax "pot"... 

Give the state tax money and what else would they do with it right now?

I hope the legislature legalizes it first....

I have seen how poorly the ballot initiative language is written....

We have a "full time" legislature - can't they just do their job?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #297 on: May 27, 2015, 04:03:16 PM »

The ballot initiative has been withdrawn. It was definately NOT good legislation anyways.

Mav
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #298 on: May 27, 2015, 09:50:12 PM »

The ballot initiative has been withdrawn. It was definately NOT good legislation anyways.

Mav
Too bad they didn't seek advice if that's the case...   

I'm sure the extra tax money that States who have legalized and taxed it,
will get the peaked interest of other states eventually... 
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #299 on: May 28, 2015, 06:29:10 AM »

Any information on why it was withdrawn?

The legislature should still move forward - I would rather have the draft good legislation than have a bad ballot initiative pass - and I think it would pass.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 266   Go Up