MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 278   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 220218 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2015, 03:16:10 PM »

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/may/28/airport-teachers-pickets-protest-months-long-absen//?news

I'm thinking that lots of people would like to start a job at 40k with benefits...  and summers off.   ;D
http://www.airportschools.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_1282167/File/TeachersColBarg2011-13.pdf

I'm not saying they aren't worth more - but the way the society has chosen to pay teachers/police/fire/...  is that you get more if you are in a rich area or have a large taxpayer base...  (Monroe PD was a training ground for years to other departments that paid more)

What tax base is in airport school district?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #301 on: May 28, 2015, 07:07:39 PM »

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/may/28/airport-teachers-pickets-protest-months-long-absen//?news

I'm thinking that lots of people would like to start a job at 40k with benefits...  and summers off.   ;D
http://www.airportschools.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_1282167/File/TeachersColBarg2011-13.pdf

I'm not saying they aren't worth more - but the way the society has chosen to pay teachers/police/fire/...  is that you get more if you are in a rich area or have a large taxpayer base...  (Monroe PD was a training ground for years to other departments that paid more)

What tax base is in airport school district?
So in your opinion, teachers aren't worth the money they're being paid? And while you've expressed some sort of jealousy about the summer break...I seem to recall hearing that they have work to do during that period.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #302 on: May 28, 2015, 07:18:39 PM »

So in your opinion, teachers aren't worth the money they're being paid? And while you've expressed some sort of jealousy about the summer break...I seem to recall hearing that they have work to do during that period.
He didn't say that. He said there are people who would love to start a job at 40 large with benefits. He went on to say that HE WASN"T saying they are not worth more. He also expressed no jealousy of Summers off. He IS retired, doncha know.Do you even bother to read posts before you go off on someone? I didn't think so. If a "righty" posts, he must be wrong, somehow.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #303 on: May 28, 2015, 08:21:54 PM »

All I have to say is I'm glad I don't live in Baltimore. The community organizer is chief and the moron mayor and prosecutor have really created a cluster fudge. 
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #304 on: May 28, 2015, 08:26:20 PM »

I don't think some posters read anything before they go off.

They just see who posted and start ranting.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #305 on: May 28, 2015, 08:40:00 PM »

All I have to say is I'm glad I don't live in Baltimore. 

No doubt, and it's a shame too John, 10 to 15 years ago it was a nice place to visit with some spectacular views and rich history.  Not sure if they can pull themselves up out of this or not.

They too, like Detroit, lost a ton of good paying blue collar jobs over the years and manufacturing revenue (now across our borders), and the exiting of people out of the city proper.

Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #306 on: May 28, 2015, 08:45:12 PM »

I'm still waiting for Detroit to pull itself back from 68.

I'm starting to think it isn't going to happen.

You go to Chicago, Toronto, NY, etc etc etc - and then you go Downtown Detroit - and you just wonder - What the HELL happened HERE?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #307 on: May 28, 2015, 09:15:06 PM »

so you have caught the reading comprehension problem you claim others seem to have

I stated that it's a product of our society and the "where you choose to work" issue... 

Your neighborhood teachers make much more because they live in a Nuclear Power Plant neighorhood! and can afford to pay much more than Airport schools who don't have much in the way of "industrial" tax base... 

Has nothing to do with education or work ethic -it's about where you live/work   8*
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #308 on: May 28, 2015, 09:20:50 PM »

No doubt, and it's a shame too John, 10 to 15 years ago it was a nice place to visit with some spectacular views and rich history.  Not sure if they can pull themselves up out of this or not.

They too, like Detroit, lost a ton of good paying blue collar jobs over the years and manufacturing revenue (now across our borders), and the exiting of people out of the city proper.

I used to visit the Inner Harbor and Little Italy  quite often over my visits there (12 years)...   was always interesting to see the red beret guys around those areas that warned you of venturing beyond these "tourist- public areas"...

and we laughed on the way in/out of town how they spelled a State...   Ewtah street - we loved it!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #309 on: May 28, 2015, 09:22:16 PM »

I'm still waiting for Detroit to pull itself back from 68.

I'm starting to think it isn't going to happen.

You go to Chicago, Toronto, NY, etc etc etc - and then you go Downtown Detroit - and you just wonder - What the HELL happened HERE?
you missed the "Mistake on the Lake"   Cleveland - which has the Rock n roll hall of fame and many microbreweries
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #310 on: May 29, 2015, 06:55:56 AM »

you missed the "Mistake on the Lake"   Cleveland - which has the Rock n roll hall of fame and many microbreweries

I don't know about Cleveland.

I went there one year - and it seemed vibrant.

Went back - and it seemed like Detroit - that everything died.

It was like they tried to force a vibrant downtown, but it went belly-up, or like Detroit it only works on a game day.

In real cities it works on ANY day.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #311 on: May 29, 2015, 07:10:07 AM »

Should have visited there when the Cuyahoga River caught fire in about where the are of The Flats is now.  Heavy industry had that entire environment screwed up, and when regulations forced closure of many of the forging and casting plants the social environment was negatively impacted.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #312 on: May 29, 2015, 04:17:17 PM »

Should have visited there when the Cuyahoga River caught fire in about where the are of The Flats is now.  Heavy industry had that entire environment screwed up, and when regulations forced closure of many of the forging and casting plants the social environment was negatively impacted.

I lived there then.  That was under Ralph Perk.  Cleveland was and is a blue collar town, just not too many blue collars left.

I wouldn't say heavy industry had the enviroment screwed up. it was screwed up pre EPA bullshitte regs.  Why do you thnink castings are mostly offshored today?  Someone has to make them (and the associated pollution).  The EPA made it unprofitable for a casting house to produce a product so they went tits up and so did the blue collar jobs.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #313 on: May 29, 2015, 04:21:39 PM »

You have the exact same scenario unfoding today with the Tier 4 final mandate (for diesel engines) but in that case, the cost is passed right on to the consumer in the form of higher food cost.  You all get to fund Obama's green inititative, like it or not....  While third world countries continue to burn high sulfur coal pay cheap wages and eat us for lunch....we ain't competitive in the marketplace no more.

Why do you think auto makers have embraced 'Hencho Mexico'?
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #314 on: May 29, 2015, 04:25:46 PM »

Have known all that for years now Flip!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 278   Go Up