MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 279   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 220616 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #405 on: August 01, 2015, 09:41:41 PM »

I think only Fry actually watches MSNBC.....

I sure don't.
Which partially explains why you know nothing.

But I suspect genetics and your indoctrination played a role as well.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #406 on: August 02, 2015, 06:48:08 PM »

Funny how the media is enthralled with Trump

is ignoring Hillary

and places more importance on a Lion than human life...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #407 on: August 04, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »

Gee who didn't see this coming?

Curious how they will claim wrongful death with the cause of death being Suicide.

I'm sure they are just hoping they get an insurance buy out... so they can afford bail for the next family member that may need it  8*
==================================================
Family of woman found dead in Texas jail files wrongful death suit
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/04/us-usa-texas-death-idUSKCN0Q91JI20150804
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #408 on: August 04, 2015, 01:10:55 PM »

I see Obama is now trying to fire up the economy by demanding a 35% reduction in emissions from the States or else.

What a visionary.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #409 on: August 04, 2015, 05:05:28 PM »

He sure knows how to negotiate doesn't he.
some people call those type dictators!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #410 on: August 04, 2015, 08:25:49 PM »

Gee who didn't see this coming?

Curious how they will claim wrongful death with the cause of death being Suicide.

I'm sure they are just hoping they get an insurance buy out... so they can afford bail for the next family member that may need it  8*
==================================================
Family of woman found dead in Texas jail files wrongful death suit
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/04/us-usa-texas-death-idUSKCN0Q91JI20150804
While it's clear that you think you've heard enough to decide the case...they deserve to have the facts heard by a real judge to decide whether or not the case has merit.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #411 on: August 04, 2015, 09:00:19 PM »

While it's clear that you think you've heard enough to decide the case...they deserve to have the facts heard by a real judge to decide whether or not the case has merit.

I think the courts have plenty of work to do without having gold diggers clogging up the system...

their only viable case would be a civil one against the Original Officer - and you won't get much from that - so they are going after the deep pockets hoping for a profit from someone they wouldn't even bail out of jail for 3 days!   That should tell you how close they were...

but since Insurance companies rule on these types of cases more often than judges - I'm sure a cash settlement will be made.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #412 on: August 04, 2015, 09:15:21 PM »

I think the courts have plenty of work to do without having gold diggers clogging up the system...

their only viable case would be a civil one against the Original Officer - and you won't get much from that - so they are going after the deep pockets hoping for a profit from someone they wouldn't even bail out of jail for 3 days!   That should tell you how close they were...

but since Insurance companies rule on these types of cases more often than judges - I'm sure a cash settlement will be made.
The truth is...it's their legal right to be heard.

And while you have the right to be opinionated...it's clear your opinions aren't based in fact but more a need to parrot a partisan viewpoint.

Your legal advice would hold more weight if your area of expertise was law...but we all know that it's not.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #413 on: August 04, 2015, 09:41:29 PM »

The truth is...it's their legal right to be heard.

And while you have the right to be opinionated...it's clear your opinions aren't based in fact but more a need to parrot a partisan viewpoint.

Your legal advice would hold more weight if your area of expertise was law...but we all know that it's not.
Yep we've learned that anyone can sue anyone for anything...  and that is because insurance companies pay - not courts.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #414 on: August 04, 2015, 09:57:29 PM »

Yep we've learned that anyone can sue anyone for anything...  and that is because insurance companies pay - not courts.
I doubt anyone can sue anyone for anything...and it's funny that you'd consider insurance companies to be victims...and as the recent case in Inkster has proved...false.

The mayor of a Michigan city that is raising taxes to pay a $1.4 million settlement in a police misconduct case admits the plan places an unfair burden on residents.

Inkster, Michigan, property owners will see the one-time tax increase on their July bill, the city said this week. For the owner of a home worth $55,000, it will amount to about an extra $180, according to the Detroit Free Press.

The funds collected from the summer millage are expected to fully cover the settlement in the civil suit brought by Floyd Dent, a Detroit auto worker who was hospitalized for three days in January because of injuries he sustained during an Inkster traffic stop.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/03/floyd-dent-settlement-inkster-taxes_n_7495452.html

Which makes me wonder...have you ever been correct on anything?

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #415 on: August 05, 2015, 03:50:32 PM »

I doubt anyone can sue anyone for anything...and it's funny that you'd consider insurance companies to be victims...and as the recent case in Inkster has proved...false.

The mayor of a Michigan city that is raising taxes to pay a $1.4 million settlement in a police misconduct case admits the plan places an unfair burden on residents.

Inkster, Michigan, property owners will see the one-time tax increase on their July bill, the city said this week. For the owner of a home worth $55,000, it will amount to about an extra $180, according to the Detroit Free Press.

The funds collected from the summer millage are expected to fully cover the settlement in the civil suit brought by Floyd Dent, a Detroit auto worker who was hospitalized for three days in January because of injuries he sustained during an Inkster traffic stop.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/03/floyd-dent-settlement-inkster-taxes_n_7495452.html

Which makes me wonder...have you ever been correct on anything?

Gee makes one seem superior if you cherry picks from an article  eh? -
Never mind the choice of your "supporting" article... LOL   

Inkster - a poor broke city - they can't afford or probably don't qualify for Municipal League Insurance.   

continued financial problems and oversight from the state make it necessary to resort to levying a tax on residents to pay the $1.4 million

The city has previously collected one-time taxes to pay settlements in the last few years,

The forthcoming tax is one of many costs that have fallen to residents of Inkster as the city has made cuts to eliminate its deficit over the last three years. The school district was dissolved in 2013

Here is an example of cities that actually have insurance: 

and this same journal will give you an insight to who sues for what  ;)

Report: Connecticut City’s Insurer Paid $30K to Settle Ebola Fear Lawsuit
http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/east/2015/06/15/371787.htm

Residents, South Dakota City Settle Suit Over Sewer Backups

“Although resolved, there was no determination of fault on the part of the city,” City Attorney Tom Brady said.

The city’s insurer will cover its legal costs and the settlement amount, according to Brady’s office.
http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/midwest/2015/07/15/375164.htm

Officials in a Tulsa, Okla., suburb and the estate of a mentally ill man have settled a federal lawsuit over his August 2002 fatal shooting by police, officials said.
Insurance coverage for the city of Owasso will cover the $300,000 settlement in the case of Todd Thomas Hastings, City Attorney Julie Lombardi said.
http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/southcentral/2008/06/20/91188.htm

Most Cities have liability or property pool insurance limiting the effect of a lawsuit or accident - and you choose Inkster as your poster city  ;D
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #416 on: August 05, 2015, 10:47:34 PM »

Politically speaking, the debate at 9pm tomorrow night will be very interesting.  I can't wait to see Trump get a piece of Scott Walker for running his gums over Trump.

What you have is all the establishment, machine politicians...and Trump.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #417 on: August 06, 2015, 08:13:10 AM »

I'm thinking the debate will have the advisers for the politicians scratching their head -
... do we keep the PC crap and double talk ?
or do we actually say what we think!

... do we duck and dodge?
or do we tell the public things even if they don't like them!

Could be refreshing
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #418 on: August 06, 2015, 09:31:41 AM »

I see the democrat version of the debates is lining up...   ;D

Their big 3 will be interviewed by Sharpton on his radio show... 

Al Sharpton promises to grill Hillary Clinton on race issues

Sharpton said over the next three weeks, he has plans to interview Clinton’s Democratic nomination rivals, former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders on his radio show.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/al-sharpton-hillary-clinton-race-issues-121033.html
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #419 on: August 06, 2015, 09:43:35 AM »

I don't expect anything out of tonight's debate with a cast of 10 candidates.  Commercials will eat up half the time.  The moderators will take their share showing us how brilliant they are leaving about 2 min per candidate to talk about everything but answer the questions.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 279   Go Up