MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 278   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 218122 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #480 on: September 01, 2015, 09:32:37 PM »

Hmmm really, don't republicans complain about big government and waste all the time here?

Sometimes the not a professor steps away from his purposeful trolling.  He used to be a reasonable moderate republican that was not super partisan all the time.  That changed.

Not sure what a clerk refusing to do their job has to do with big government - but it is a waste when they won't work!

I was moderate - still am
you on the other hand have gone completely radical
(I'm sure Fry even cringes now when you defend him!)
Sad you can't even accept when someone conceded your point! 

and the childish answers and behavior are amusing and annoying... 
name calling is something the bullies did in 4th grade -
Is not a professor supposed to mean something - or does it make you feel like a "MAN"?
 I have glasses you want to call me 4 eyes too?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #481 on: September 02, 2015, 06:47:33 AM »

(I'm sure Fry even cringes now when you defend him!)
Sad you can't even accept when someone conceded your point! 
Wrong!

The forum needs more people like DS to counter the incessant bullying and lies being perpetrated by the "conservative" radical right.

They've claimed the forum as their very own echo-chamber...and having DS fight for normalcy is refreshing.

Sadly he is now their target...so the tag-teaming and piling on can take a toll...and the divide and conquer thing isn't cool either.

So to DS...I salute you.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #482 on: September 02, 2015, 06:58:25 AM »

Wrong!

The forum needs more people like DS to counter the incessant bullying and lies being perpetrated by the "conservative" radical right.

They've claimed the forum as their very own echo-chamber...and having DS fight for normalcy is refreshing.

Sadly he is now their target...so the tag-teaming and piling on can take a toll...and the divide and conquer thing isn't cool either.

So to DS...I salute you.

LOL!

Thanks for the morning laugh Fry!

"Incessant bullying and lies."

I think that line pretty well summarizes Ducksoup these days.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #483 on: September 02, 2015, 07:20:09 AM »

LOL!

;D
Your allegations against DS are false.

DS garners multiple attacks from the right whenever he confronts those trolls.

You guys made a mess of this place and every once in a while somebody will attempt to clean it up.

Perhaps the attempt is futile and the only hope is to let it flounder...but I applaud the attempt nonetheless.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #484 on: September 02, 2015, 07:28:01 AM »

Your allegations against DS are false.

DS garners multiple attacks from the right whenever he confronts those trolls.

You guys made a mess of this place and every once in a while somebody will attempt to clean it up.

Perhaps the attempt is futile and the only hope is to let it flounder...but I applaud the attempt nonetheless.

So stating a position is being a Troll to a Liberal?

An you believe the correct response to conservatives discussing their beliefs on a forum is to lie about what they say and believe, call names, and generally rant and rave?

Wow Fry - if that is really your position that is pretty telling - and explains why this forum is the way it is.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #485 on: September 02, 2015, 07:38:21 AM »

An you believe the correct response to conservatives discussing their beliefs on a forum is to lie about what they say and believe, call names, and generally rant and rave?

Wow Fry - if that is really your position that is pretty telling - and explains why this forum is the way it is.
Truth is...it's not like you stated a position and left it at that.

Instead you guys either tag-team with personal attacks, post blatantly false info (which is often termed "opinions") or post the lies from a conservative site...such as fox news or the blaze.

Lately the charges coming from your side has been complete psychological projection.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #486 on: September 02, 2015, 09:14:18 AM »

Wrong!

So to DS...I salute you.
Funny you chose Duck (DS)  and Bullying
after I pointed out his movement in that direction  ;)

I have no problem with dialogue and can even excuse the rants and calling non-lefties liars,
but he started down that path
From the sign -    Mean words, Lies, name calling, I'm sure a few others can be met -

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #487 on: September 02, 2015, 09:21:06 AM »

Truth is...it's not like you stated a position and left it at that.

Instead you guys either tag-team with personal attacks, post blatantly false info (which is often termed "opinions") or post the lies from a conservative site...such as fox news or the blaze.

Lately the charges coming from your side has been complete psychological projection.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Sounds like the fox fetish is getting popular  ;)
Sources please if you are going to join DS in blaming everything on Fox...  and what is the Blaze?
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #488 on: September 02, 2015, 09:32:09 AM »

Funny you chose Duck (DS)  and Bullying
after I pointed out his movement in that direction  ;)

I have no problem with dialogue and can even excuse the rants and calling non-lefties liars,
but he started down that path
From the sign -    Mean words, Lies, name calling, I'm sure a few others can be met -
It's even funnier watching you pick out two words to change the context to fit your narrative.

Sounds like the fox fetish is getting popular  ;)
Sources please if you are going to join DS in blaming everything on Fox...  and what is the Blaze?

Still having reading comprehension issues I see.
Nobody blamed everything on fox.
I spoke in terms of whole fake conservative news base...and their Koch sucker followers.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #489 on: September 02, 2015, 10:03:44 AM »

It's even funnier watching you pick out two words to change the context to fit your narrative.
Still having reading comprehension issues I see.
Not reading - but pointing out your Freudian Slip  ;)

Nobody blamed everything on fox.
I spoke in terms of whole fake conservative news base...and their Koch sucker followers.
Oh that's right you also blamed the Blaze - whatever that is  ;D

Unlike your favorites  The Turks or Maddow  ;D
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #490 on: September 02, 2015, 10:10:57 AM »

Not reading - but pointing out your Freudian Slip  ;)
Oh that's right you also blamed the Blaze - whatever that is  ;D

Unlike your favorites  The Turks or Maddow  ;D
You're still seeing things that aren't there.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #491 on: September 02, 2015, 04:34:28 PM »

I was wondering if they ever found all those billions that they shipped to Iraq on a plane. 

The answer seems to be no.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/world/investigation-into-missing-iraqi-cash-ended-in-lebanon-bunker.html?_r=0

The office of the special inspector general for Iraq closed in 2013, and Mr. Bowen is now working in the private sector. Mr. Bowen thinks at least some of the money has been moved, and said it is impossible to say whether any of it is still in the bunker. He says he is still frustrated by the lack of cooperation he got from his own government in his efforts to pursue the missing cash. “We struggled to gain timely support from the interagency as we pursued this case,” Mr. Bowen said.

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish

Oliver: "Of their money. Billions of dollars of their money, yeah I understand. I'm saying what difference does it make?"
(That one just for prof.  See, not even used out of context!)
Mr Bremer, whose disbanding of the Iraqi armed forces and de-Ba'athification programme have been blamed as contributing to the present chaos, told the committee: "I acknowledge that I made mistakes and that with the benefit of hindsight, I would have made some decisions differently. Our top priority was to get the economy moving again. The first step was to get money into the hands of the Iraqi people as quickly as possible."
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/feb/08/usa.iraq1

So, can something like this happen again?  Just put 12 to 14 billion dollars on a plane and hand it out in cash and basically no accounting?
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #492 on: September 02, 2015, 04:37:04 PM »

LOL!

;D

I won't argue it sums me up "these days"

Won't argue that you have worked very hard with most posts to get there and also encourage your republican minions to do the same.

But, that I am there "these days" is because you have since you started.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #493 on: September 02, 2015, 04:40:51 PM »

No, you have repeated many times that I am "wrong even before I say anything," just because you make up what I think.

Whoa, hold the phones.  You stated your beliefs and it was not specifically meant to piss off or troll?  Please, show that post.  You are high in posts and I missed that one.

Yep, poor innocent you that is perfect and never does a thing wrong, never is insulting or trying top piss people off..  Well,you say there ws one post somewhere that you didn't anyway.  Waiting to see that one.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #494 on: September 02, 2015, 06:32:45 PM »

I'm curious how much of Lebanon was torn up looking for the billions of US dollars

I've seen stuff in movies on this in war zones - Probably from real life experiences it seems.

A good question - but since I'm not into military history - I'll defer to anyone who may be...    How does a conquered nation get monies to run?

I was wondering if they ever found all those billions that they shipped to Iraq on a plane. 

The answer seems to be no.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/world/investigation-into-missing-iraqi-cash-ended-in-lebanon-bunker.html?_r=0

The office of the special inspector general for Iraq closed in 2013, and Mr. Bowen is now working in the private sector. Mr. Bowen thinks at least some of the money has been moved, and said it is impossible to say whether any of it is still in the bunker. He says he is still frustrated by the lack of cooperation he got from his own government in his efforts to pursue the missing cash. “We struggled to gain timely support from the interagency as we pursued this case,” Mr. Bowen said.

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish

Oliver: "Of their money. Billions of dollars of their money, yeah I understand. I'm saying what difference does it make?"
(That one just for prof.  See, not even used out of context!)
Mr Bremer, whose disbanding of the Iraqi armed forces and de-Ba'athification programme have been blamed as contributing to the present chaos, told the committee: "I acknowledge that I made mistakes and that with the benefit of hindsight, I would have made some decisions differently. Our top priority was to get the economy moving again. The first step was to get money into the hands of the Iraqi people as quickly as possible."
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/feb/08/usa.iraq1

So, can something like this happen again?  Just put 12 to 14 billion dollars on a plane and hand it out in cash and basically no accounting?

Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 278   Go Up