MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 278   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 220394 times)

lilly

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #585 on: September 17, 2015, 07:58:40 AM »

Was it just me - or did CNN make that debate Trump vs the Field?
Actually a group of elephants is called a Parade not a field.

And in this case, it's a parade of stupidity.
The Republican Party is now a sinkhole of ignorance and bigotry.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #586 on: September 17, 2015, 08:05:51 AM »

I thought it was the GOP clown car.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #587 on: September 18, 2015, 09:37:34 AM »

Must be Michigan's economic recovery has been so great that we don't need these employees any longer...

maybe they could transfer them over to MDOT and they could work their magic on the roads ;) ;) ;)

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MI_STATE_LAYOFFS_MIOL-?SITE=MIMON&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

"My main concern is we try to work hard with the people that are being displaced, seeing how we can help them be successful in whatever comes next in their careers. Because we want them to be successful," Snyder said.

Ah, yes...   Pure Michigan ;) ;) ;)

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/09/michigan_gov_rick_snyder_looki.html#incart_river
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #588 on: September 18, 2015, 10:11:34 AM »

Nothing like a nice quiet retreat to quaint Mackinac Island to bring out the 'best' in the political aides :o :o :o

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/09/john_yob_aide_to_rand_paul_cla.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Michigan consultant John Yob, who is working as national political director for presidential candidate Rand Paul, alleges that a strategist on the Marco Rubio campaign punched him in the face, although a source tells MLive the incident was personal, not political.

"Last night I went to a bar on Mackinac Island for the GOP Mackinac Conference," Yob wrote early Friday morning on Facebook. "I ran into a guy named Rich Beeson, who frankly I didn't even know who it was at first because he isn't relevant in our political world.

I wonder if he became more 'relevant' after the altercation ??? ??? ???
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #589 on: September 18, 2015, 07:40:18 PM »

And if Toledo can't pay what they previously agreed to pay to their own regional jail what makes you think they'll suddenly magically be able to pay Monroe County?

I thought Monroe County was already having jail overcrowding issues of our own ??? ??? ???

They could take the non-toledo prisoners... as the other units of government in the cooperative seem to be able to pay their share.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #590 on: September 18, 2015, 08:31:20 PM »

When can we get beyond the PC stuff about the "First" this or that type of person (sex or race)?

=========================================
Obama nominates openly gay man to lead Army
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/18/politics/eric-fanning-secretary-of-the-army/index.html
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #591 on: September 18, 2015, 08:40:39 PM »

When can we get beyond the PC stuff about the "First" this or that type of person (sex or race)?

=========================================
Obama nominates openly gay man to lead Army
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/18/politics/eric-fanning-secretary-of-the-army/index.html

I agree.  He is assumed qualified for the job.

Think there is a remote chance the republicans in the Senate will ignore he is gay and confirm him??
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #592 on: September 18, 2015, 08:46:53 PM »

If they see it as a pure political appointment (which it is) - there could be some issues.

Qualifications for a political appointment are much different.   

He's been doing the job - now is just being given the title.  Not a big issue to me.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #593 on: September 19, 2015, 05:08:27 PM »

Robert Reich

I got a call this morning from an old college friend who’s been a lifelong Republican (for years we’ve kidded one another about our respective politics), who told me he had decided to leave the GOP.

“It’s become the Party of hatemongers and know-nothings,” he said. “I’m embarrassed to be one of them.”
I asked him what had tipped him over the edge.

“Everything,” he said. “Their harangues against undocumented immigrants and promises to round them up and build a wall along the southern border. Their willingness to accept charges Obama is a Muslim and not born in America; that vaccines cause autism; that global warming is a hoax.”
“Yeah,” I said. “Pretty awful.”

“But that’s not all,” he said, becoming agitated. “It’s also their knee-jerk warmongering substituting for foreign policy. Their intolerance of a woman’s right to choose, and of gays’ and lesbians’ right to marry. Their willful suppression of black votes. Their racism!”

It was as if I’d opened a sluice gate. He went on, almost shouting: “Their incessant pandering to their wealthy funders by wanting even more tax cuts for the rich and big corporations, and then lying that the benefits will “trickle-down.” Their attacks on teachers. Cuts in school budgets. Eagerness to cut school lunches for poor kids…”

“Whoa,” I stopped him. “I get it. But these aren’t all new. Why did you stay a Republican all these years?”

He was silent for a moment. “Because I admired Mark Hatfield and Nelson Rockefeller and Jacob Javits,” he said. “I supported Barry Goldwater and John McCain. They reflected my values. I kept thinking my Republican Party would come back. But now I know it’s dead. The Party is now a sinkhole of ignorance and bigotry.”

“So,” I asked with a smile in my voice, “does this mean you’re coming over to my side?”

“No,” he said, still deeply serious. “Not yet. For now I’m an Independent.”

“But you’ll vote for a Democrat in the presidential election?”

“Absolutely. The Republicans now running are all “a-- ----s.”
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #594 on: September 20, 2015, 10:19:57 AM »

Robert Reich

I got a call this morning from an old college friend who’s been a lifelong Republican (for years we’ve kidded one another about our respective politics), who told me he had decided to leave the GOP.

“It’s become the Party of hatemongers and know-nothings,” he said. “I’m embarrassed to be one of them.”
I asked him what had tipped him over the edge.

“Everything,” he said. “Their harangues against undocumented immigrants and promises to round them up and build a wall along the southern border. Their willingness to accept charges Obama is a Muslim and not born in America; that vaccines cause autism; that global warming is a hoax.”
“Yeah,” I said. “Pretty awful.”

“But that’s not all,” he said, becoming agitated. “It’s also their knee-jerk warmongering substituting for foreign policy. Their intolerance of a woman’s right to choose, and of gays’ and lesbians’ right to marry. Their willful suppression of black votes. Their racism!”

It was as if I’d opened a sluice gate. He went on, almost shouting: “Their incessant pandering to their wealthy funders by wanting even more tax cuts for the rich and big corporations, and then lying that the benefits will “trickle-down.” Their attacks on teachers. Cuts in school budgets. Eagerness to cut school lunches for poor kids…”

“Whoa,” I stopped him. “I get it. But these aren’t all new. Why did you stay a Republican all these years?”

He was silent for a moment. “Because I admired Mark Hatfield and Nelson Rockefeller and Jacob Javits,” he said. “I supported Barry Goldwater and John McCain. They reflected my values. I kept thinking my Republican Party would come back. But now I know it’s dead. The Party is now a sinkhole of ignorance and bigotry.”

“So,” I asked with a smile in my voice, “does this mean you’re coming over to my side?”

“No,” he said, still deeply serious. “Not yet. For now I’m an Independent.”

“But you’ll vote for a Democrat in the presidential election?”

“Absolutely. The Republicans now running are all “a-- ----s.”
Perfect, thanks for posting.

The irony here is the number of MT members that are fervent supporters of practically all of those GOP talking points...and yet cannot admit that they're republicans.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #595 on: September 24, 2015, 02:05:22 PM »

I see the news is all atwitter about whether the Republicans will once again shut the government down in a tantrum, or if the republican leadership can prevent it from being shut down by the more radical part of the party.

What happened to running the government instead of every damn thing having to be “for the party?”

But, all is well, the republican leadership has a plan for a few weeks stopgap to put it off.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #596 on: September 24, 2015, 02:22:14 PM »

I see the news is all atwitter about whether the Republicans will once again shut the government down in a tantrum, or if the republican leadership can prevent it from being shut down by the more radical part of the party.

What happened to running the government instead of every damn thing having to be “for the party?”

But, all is well, the republican leadership has a plan for a few weeks stopgap to put it off.
Yep lets ignore what would shut down the government however... 

Like the uncontrolled SPENDING...   
(we can always print more money)

No responsibilities is the message it seems from the lefties
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #597 on: September 24, 2015, 02:23:39 PM »

5 years later we are having a trial - will be interesting to see what is redacted under white house privilege - as Obama pardoned Holder's actions in that manner... 

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/09/23/us/ap-us-fast-and-furious-trial.html
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

lilly

• Hero Talker
« Reply #598 on: September 24, 2015, 02:24:27 PM »

I think I just found my new tag line.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #599 on: September 24, 2015, 02:25:58 PM »

Yep lets ignore what would shut down the government however... 

Like the uncontrolled SPENDING...   
(we can always print more money)

No responsibilities is the message it seems from the lefties

What?  I know you were up north, but you didn't hear ANY news since then.

You boys want to shut down the government if they can't defund planned parenthood.  It is a temper tantrum, not funding. 

But, then, us lefties just read news, so you can insult us anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 278   Go Up