MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 278   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 218107 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #660 on: October 18, 2015, 09:11:55 PM »

I must say that either Trump is pretty popular out here or someone is pretty cheap out here....

Someone absconded with my 'Trump for President' sign I had in the fromt yard a couple nights ago.  It wasn't free but thats ok.  I guess someone needed one....

If I put a 'Hilliary for President' sign out front, it would probably be there until it faded into oblivion... ;D

What do you want to bet the Fry came out and took it?

We know he knows where you live!

He was probably out looking for his trampoline....
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #661 on: October 19, 2015, 08:49:41 AM »

Wrong as usual but you should be used to it by now.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #662 on: October 21, 2015, 09:47:54 PM »

Robert Reich

The billionaire takeover of our democracy ushered in by the Supreme Court’s shameful 2010 “Citizens United” decision knows no bounds. Today Carl Icahn – whose net worth is over $20 billion, according to Forbes -- announced he’s forming a super PAC with $150 million of his own money.

If there is one person responsible for turning American corporations into the short-term, shareholder-maximizing, job-destroying monoliths they've become over the last 35 years, it is Carl Icahn. He began raiding corporations in the late 1970s – taking them over, using their assets to repay the debt he used to purchase them with, stripping them of their remaining assets, firing their workers, and then walking away with millions. America is littered with the remains of Ichan’s greed – RJR Nabisco, TWA, Western Union, Uniroyal, Marshall Field’s, to name only a few. Before Icahn, CEOs practiced stakeholder capitalism -- managing corporations on behalf of their workers and communities as well as shareholders. After Icahn, it was only shareholder capitalism, and the biggest shareholders were in the driver's seat.

Not incidentally, Icahn is a major supporter of Donald Trump for president. "I think at this moment in time, he's the only candidate that speaks out about the country's problems," Icahn says. Trump says he’d name Icahn his Treasury Secretary.

Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
« Reply #663 on: October 24, 2015, 06:10:50 PM »

Wondering why we got a City of Monroe Fire and Paramedic Station Millage Proposal in the mail.

We're in Monroe Township. Unless we got annexed out and wasn't told. ;)
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #664 on: October 24, 2015, 06:42:41 PM »

guys like Ican have ruined a lot of good corporations.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #665 on: October 24, 2015, 06:52:56 PM »

Wondering why we got a City of Monroe Fire and Paramedic Station Millage Proposal in the mail.

Maybe they are hoping Township Voters will push it through?

My tax dollars at work MAYO......
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #666 on: October 24, 2015, 10:00:42 PM »

If I get another one, I'll wire an electric fencer to the metal frame....  That will get a thief's attention real quick....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #667 on: October 24, 2015, 11:04:35 PM »

Probably cheaper to just mass mail than target...   after all the City planners and such didn't put much thought or effort into this - just hoping it will go through so they can get back to their regular jobs of doing little in the planning or social media areas...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #669 on: October 25, 2015, 09:59:10 AM »

Are we ready for negative interest rates?

http://www.businessinsider.com/banks-discussing-negative-interest-rates-for-consumers-2015-10?r=UK&IR=T

Let me get this straight.....

If I put the money in the gun safe - I get 0 Percent.

If I give it to someone else to store, and lend out to others at a profit - I have to pay them to use my money?

I'll just keep it in the gun safe myself thanks.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #670 on: October 25, 2015, 10:08:01 AM »

If I give it to someone else to store, and lend out to others at a profit - I have to pay them to use my money?

Exactly.

It's almost that way now.  But I would suggest gold, for long term stashing of cash.

Wonder what this will do to mortgage rates?
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #671 on: October 25, 2015, 10:28:56 AM »

I'd call what they pay right now - nothing,   that's why alternative investments are more popular.

Keeping some cash on hand is always a good Idea - but you might want to invest in a good security system and safe...   for the times you aren't home.      Can't insure cash or gold that I'm' aware of.   
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #672 on: October 25, 2015, 10:37:47 AM »

Exactly.

It's almost that way now.  But I would suggest gold, for long term stashing of cash.

Wonder what this will do to mortgage rates?

I've been leaning towards Silver - but maybe I should consider Gold too.....
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #673 on: October 25, 2015, 10:45:57 AM »

I have a former co-worker who invested heavily in silver over his career and did quite well,
physical delivery - not futures or contracts ...  but then again there's another thread on this topic

Rudolph - Silver & Gold
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #674 on: October 25, 2015, 05:50:32 PM »

You can purchase .999 pure silver in 308 replica rounds.  An ammo box of 50 tucked away in your gun safe would be a nice solid investment.....  (don't ask how I know)
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 278   Go Up