MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 278   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 218024 times)

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #900 on: December 28, 2015, 07:28:26 PM »

It was a referendum -    Free stuff for all,   Free Medical insurance included...   

problem is that no one learned the truth until after the election the way it was set up by design.
That they learn the truth after the fact is of no consequence...just as we all shall see.
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #901 on: December 28, 2015, 07:41:19 PM »

That they learn the truth after the fact is of no consequence...just as we all shall see.

The thing is they keep delaying most of the really the bad stuff until after the next election - but there is always another election coming up.

When will they finally hit us with it?  Next year?

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #902 on: December 29, 2015, 10:32:14 PM »

Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #904 on: December 31, 2015, 04:13:45 PM »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #905 on: January 01, 2016, 10:13:29 AM »

Hilliary opened the door and Trump walked right in (playing the Bill card).  I love it.

Nothing would be more interesting than seeing Trump and Hillary debating one on one.  I bet Trump could incite Clinton enough in 5 minutes to bring out the REAL Hillary for all to see....  She's a princess with a whole lot of baggage, most of it corrupt and dishonest.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #906 on: January 01, 2016, 11:41:44 AM »

I'm not sure Hillary wants to debate any republican.  It will be interesting to see how she tries to get out of it.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #907 on: January 01, 2016, 12:58:46 PM »

I'm not sure Hillary wants to debate any republican.  It will be interesting to see how she tries to get out of it.
One thing for sure is she isn't getting any experience from the late saturday night fluff fest the DNC is calling "debates"

I hope Trump has the guts to have  port-a-potty just over his shoulder for the first debate  ;D
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #908 on: January 01, 2016, 01:21:43 PM »

Yup   ;)
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #909 on: January 01, 2016, 03:41:40 PM »

I don't see her wiggling out of it.  It's SOP for a candidate.  Trump, despite all the negative shitte coming from the GOP sure looks to be the 'annointed' one....

I'm sure that Trump would make any debate with Hil or Bernie, degrade into a principles conversation in very short order and we all know that Hil especially, can't afford that....

I can see her loosing her composure and the 'Real Hillary' coming out for all to see....

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #910 on: January 01, 2016, 03:43:21 PM »

Several of you have asked what me to predict what will happen to the economy in 2016. I'll hazard a guess but beware: Economic forecasters exist to make astrologers look good.

I expect the U.S. economy to sputter in 2016. That's because the economy faces a deep structural problem: not enough demand for all the goods and services it's capable of producing.

Begin with the fact that American consumers account for almost 70 percent of U.S. economic activity. But they won't have enough purchasing power in 2016 to keep the economy going on more than two cylinders.

Blame widening inequality, in which most economic gains continue to go to the top. The median wage is 4 percent below what it was in 2000, adjusted for inflation. At the same time, the labor participation rate -- the percentage of Americans of working age who have jobs -- remains near a 40-year low.

The median wage of young people, even those with college degrees, is also dropping, adjusted for inflation. That means a continued slowdown in the rate of family formation -- more young people living at home and deferring marriage and children -- further reducing demand for goods and services.

The giant boomer generation won't take up the slack. Boomers haven't saved nearly enough for retirement, so they're being forced to cut back expenditures.
Exports won't make up for this deficiency in demand. To the contrary, Europe remains in or close to recession, China's growth has slowed dramatically, Japan is still on its back, and most developing countries are in the doldrums.

Business investment won't save the day, either. Without enough customers, businesses are not going to step up investment. Add in uncertainties about the future -- who will become president, the makeup of the next Congress, perils in the Middle East, even the possibilities of domestic terrorism -- and I wouldn't be surpassed if business investment declined in 2016.

I'd feel more optimistic if I thought government was ready to spring into action to stimulate demand, but the opposite is true. The Fed has started to raise interest rates -- spooked by an inflationary ghost that shows no sign of appearing. And Congress, notwithstanding its end-of-year tax cutting binge, is still in the thralls of austerity economics.

Chances are, therefore, the next president will inherit an economy teetering on the edge of recession.

Robert Reich

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #911 on: January 01, 2016, 03:45:21 PM »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #912 on: January 01, 2016, 03:51:40 PM »

I heard Bill used his cigar to 'mop it up' afterward.....  Wonder if he smoked it then..........

Touche' by the way on Reich....

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #914 on: January 01, 2016, 04:20:09 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 278   Go Up