MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 266   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 189654 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #915 on: January 01, 2016, 07:15:58 PM »

The Millennials aka Gen Y are driving me nuts at work.

I'm told it is my job to train them, but the little shits don't think they need trained, because they already know everything.

When you tell them they f'd up, they go running to the boss to tell them that you "had a fit" and then they run and hide.

I have news for them.  I am not going to train them until THEY realize they need training, and I will continue to tell them they screwed up when they screw up.  Sooner or later I hope they learn that they don't know what they don't know, and ask to be trained.  Learning to ask what to do when you don't know is a skill, and one they don't know.

I will be happy to train them when they come around and ask for it.  I told my management I will be happy to train them, but it isn't my job to tell them or convince them that they need training - especially not when they tell me I'm going to get drug into HR for behavior that has been acceptable for every generation before theirs.

I am not going to give them a ribbon or trophy just for showing up and screwing things up.  They are just going to have to learn that those days are OVER.  This Gen Xer doesn't play that game.  I don't do it with my kid, and I'm not going to do it with someone else's kid.

If they want to buy me out because I'm so incompatible with the kiddies I'm sure there are openings elsewhere, it seems like most of the experience has already left, and they can hire more low cost kiddies who don't know squat to come on in and bluster about how wonderful and talented they are.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #916 on: January 01, 2016, 07:24:28 PM »

I got out 10 years and just started seeing some of that when I left.  They all had the technical skills but didn't know how to apply them

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #917 on: January 01, 2016, 10:32:25 PM »

The Millennials aka Gen Y are driving me nuts at work.

I'm told it is my job to train them, but the little shits don't think they need trained, because they already know everything.

When you tell them they f'd up, they go running to the boss to tell them that you "had a fit" and then they run and hide.

I have news for them.  I am not going to train them until THEY realize they need training, and I will continue to tell them they screwed up when they screw up.  Sooner or later I hope they learn that they don't know what they don't know, and ask to be trained.  Learning to ask what to do when you don't know is a skill, and one they don't know.

I will be happy to train them when they come around and ask for it.  I told my management I will be happy to train them, but it isn't my job to tell them or convince them that they need training - especially not when they tell me I'm going to get drug into HR for behavior that has been acceptable for every generation before theirs.

I am not going to give them a ribbon or trophy just for showing up and screwing things up.  They are just going to have to learn that those days are OVER.  This Gen Xer doesn't play that game.  I don't do it with my kid, and I'm not going to do it with someone else's kid.

If they want to buy me out because I'm so incompatible with the kiddies I'm sure there are openings elsewhere, it seems like most of the experience has already left, and they can hire more low cost kiddies who don't know squat to come on in and bluster about how wonderful and talented they are.

LOL  almost spit out my beer -

You being the union guy and all... 
now the Training officer!
having difficulties with training shouldn't happen

Just don't tell me they are part timers...  ;D ;D
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #918 on: January 02, 2016, 09:54:50 AM »

Interesting tact...  after all how in this new age would one know who is or isn't getting a free ride...

=================================================
UAW publishes list with names of ex-members who have opted out of the union

http://www.wxyz.com/news/uaw-publishes-names-of-ex-members?google_editors_picks=true
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #919 on: January 02, 2016, 11:10:50 AM »

I got out 10 years and just started seeing some of that when I left.  They all had the technical skills but didn't know how to apply them

I see that scenario played out at our place...  Book smart, application stupid.  Usually, theory and practical application don't harmonize too well.  The harder they try to apply book smarts the worse the application gets because the book side never takes into account the 'human factor'.....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #920 on: January 02, 2016, 11:10:46 PM »

200 Muslims didn't show up for work for 3 days because someone told them they had to not disrupt the workplace with their prayers... 

And when has it become a "fundamental right" to get excused from your job for a religion?

===================================================
FORT MORGAN, Colo. -- Nearly 200 Muslim workers have been fired from a Cargill meatpacking plant in Colorado, for walking out after a dispute over prayer breaks.

Praying five times a day is a must for many Muslims.

But Tony Aden says missing even one of those prayers over a break time dispute caused him and many others to walk away from their jobs.

"It don't matter if I don't have a job, my religion is more important," Aden told CBS News.

muslim-workers.jpg
A Cargill meatpacking plant in Colorado fired nearly 200 Muslim workers after they walked off the job in a dispute over prayer breaks. CBS DENVER
Cargill spokesperson Michael Martin says prayer is allowed. But he says a misunderstanding of company policy came on December 18th, when 11 workers asked for a break to pray at the same time.

"Coming from that specific work area would have disrupted the workflow so the supervisor told the employees that they could go pray, but they would have to go in smaller numbers than 11," Martin told CBS News. "It would have to be three at a time."

Play VIDEO
What is it like being a Muslim in America?
The following Monday, nearly 200 employees from the Muslim community didn't show up to work for three consecutive days. The company fired them all.

"There are times when accommodation is not possible," Martin said. "But in an overwhelming majority of instances, we do everything we can to ensure sure that we do accommodate employees."

Jaylani Hussein represents 150 workers who are now without a job.

"Now we are getting supervisors who are telling our clients to go home if they wanted to pray," Hussein said. "If they are denied their basic rights to practice their faith reasonably at their employment, they seem to be losing one of the basic fundamental rights."

cargill.jpg
The Cargill plant in Fort Morgan, Colorado is hiring replacements for the Muslim workers it fired. CBS DENVER
Cargill is now hiring to fill the shoes of those who walked out.

Areas have been set up at Cargill since 2009 to accommodate anyone who requested time to pray.

The Council on American Islamic Relations is currently working reach an agreement with Cargill so that those fired workers can return.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hundreds-of-muslim-workers-fired-after-dispute-over-prayers/
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #921 on: January 02, 2016, 11:16:45 PM »

........Just underscores what a focked up society we live in today....

Myself, I wouldn't give any of them their jobs back....period.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #922 on: January 02, 2016, 11:21:02 PM »

Do they want to work or do they want to pray all day. Make a choice.
Sounds like Cargill has been pretty accomodating.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #923 on: January 02, 2016, 11:25:14 PM »

I wonder if they wear towels to work????? ;D ;D

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #924 on: January 03, 2016, 10:57:47 AM »

I have someone i know that went to Dubai with his wife for New Years.  They were quickly informed them must abide by local customs, dress and behavior or they could leave.
But when the towel heads come hear they bring their custom with them and tell us to shove it.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #925 on: January 03, 2016, 04:16:42 PM »

Dubai...  I'd rather go to Hawaii myself.  If I want to see ragheads I can go to Dearborn.

I read in the paper that to rent a 1 bedroom studio apartment in the building that roasted in Dubai (The Address), it was 70 grand a year...  You gotta be kidding me.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #926 on: January 03, 2016, 04:22:24 PM »

I have someone i know that went to Dubai with his wife for New Years.  They were quickly informed them must abide by local customs, dress and behavior or they could leave.
But when the towel heads come hear they bring their custom with them and tell us to shove it.
Didn't you know their religion is more important than things like - work...  family...  peace...   

The "200" that quit work were from Somalia -    wonder how many were actually citizens?
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #927 on: January 03, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »

Didn't you know their religion is more important than things like - work...  family...  peace...   

The "200" that quit work were from Somalia -    wonder how many were actually citizens?

You wonder?  I don't.  Probably here on expired visa's too (in as much as the gunnit has no way of knowing who i9s and who isn't (it's the 'honor' system).....  what bs.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #928 on: January 03, 2016, 04:29:51 PM »

I'd like to see this country adopt the 'Putin stance on foreigners'.  One reason I like Trump.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #929 on: January 03, 2016, 04:33:21 PM »

It's one thing to be a compasoniate nation that cares about others and helps them. But we are being taken advantage of.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 266   Go Up