MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 174953 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #3885 on: December 05, 2018, 05:22:13 PM »

W did a magnificent eulogy for his dad today.

Makes me miss having him in the office.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3886 on: December 05, 2018, 05:48:00 PM »

I never cared much for any of the Bush's.  I put them a scant bit above Bill Clinton. 96 is plenty of time to live anyway. Like I said elsewhere, him dying eliminates his lifetime Presidential pension and the constant SS contingent guarding him.  Saving the taxpayers money that can be pizzed away elsewhere.

Just another old fart.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3887 on: December 06, 2018, 09:24:35 PM »

W did a magnificent eulogy for his dad today.

Makes me miss having him in the office.

MN:

W. did give a good eulogy. But why do you miss him?
Why do you miss having 43 in office.
John Kopke

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3888 on: December 07, 2018, 06:15:33 PM »

DOJ  lawyers keeping Comey from answering questions is almost like taking the 5th

Curious why they refuse oversight again and again...    well I have a strong suspicion they are still cleaning up the mess and don't want the dirty laundry aired.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3889 on: December 07, 2018, 09:31:55 PM »

MN:

W. did give a good eulogy. But why do you miss him?
Why do you miss having 43 in office.

While I never agreed with many of the policies of 41 and 43 they conducted themselves with a certain dignity that one could call Presidential.

Can't really say that about Billy Clinton, Obama, and certainly not about Trump.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3890 on: December 08, 2018, 09:12:57 PM »

While I never agreed with many of the policies of 41 and 43 they conducted themselves with a certain dignity that one could call Presidential.

Can't really say that about Billy Clinton, Obama, and certainly not about Trump.

Well I certainly agree we can't say that about Trump. Clinton may not have been nearly as
confrontational, but he didn't have to because he had the MSM covering his back. That's the crux. Trump may not maintain the so called dignity of the office, but he doesn't take being constantly trashed by the leftist MSM lying down. Bush II did and they drove his approval ratings 20s. My take is we need to look at the MSM, our universities, and other leftist organizations leading our nation to ruin. 
John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3891 on: December 09, 2018, 10:43:50 AM »

MSM and universities are out of everyone's control.  People can stop paying attention to MSM and it can be diminished.  Kids are still going to be going to colleges and will continue to get the left wing indoctrination.  Colleges and universities I think are infected beyond repair.  You're an idiot if you don't agree with the professors/instructors.  They'll either kick you out or give you a bad grade.  So I guess if they don't succeed in brainwashing you, keep your mouth shut.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3892 on: December 09, 2018, 04:31:52 PM »

Well I certainly agree we can't say that about Trump. Clinton may not have been nearly as
confrontational, but he didn't have to because he had the MSM covering his back. That's the crux. Trump may not maintain the so called dignity of the office, but he doesn't take being constantly trashed by the leftist MSM lying down. Bush II did and they drove his approval ratings 20s. My take is we need to look at the MSM, our universities, and other leftist organizations leading our nation to ruin.

Billy clarifying for the nation that a blow job isn't to be considered sex kind of removes any good will he might have achieved during the 8 years.

Now - don't get me wrong - I think he is a very likable cuss, and I'd love to party with him if I ever got the chance.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3893 on: December 10, 2018, 11:20:14 AM »

Billy clarifying for the nation that a blow job isn't to be considered sex kind of removes any good will he might have achieved during the 8 years.

Now - don't get me wrong - I think he is a very likable cuss, and I'd love to party with him if I ever got the chance.

+1
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3894 on: December 13, 2018, 01:53:04 PM »

Problem with partying with him is, he may reach in your pants and grab your Johnson.  He's very amoral.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3895 on: December 14, 2018, 04:44:57 PM »

This article cracked me up - and highlights the reasons I think the City of Monroe is destined to go down the toilet even more than it is now.

So.

All the other representatives around Monroe mainly talked about how many new houses went up, and what new was brought to the Townships / Villages / Cities.

The Mayor of Monroe?  He brags about how many houses the City bought and tore down for their wonderful battlefield.  He bragged about how an ice rink that the citizens of Monroe are still paying off was leased to the Battlefield.  He forgot to mention the incredible buck a year the city gets from this property.

So - while other areas of Monroe County are looking for growth - the City of Monroe doubles down on the battlefield - which is just the Monroe version of Flint's Autoworld.

Yep - tearing down houses isn't going to fill that funding hole DTE is about to lose - and neither is that battlefield.

Monroe is delusional, and needs new leadership badly.

https://www.monroenews.com/news/20181213/state-of-region-reports-given-at-chambers-koffee-klub
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3896 on: December 14, 2018, 10:11:32 PM »

Like the Titanic after the collision with the iceberg.  Poised for that final slide into oblivion.  Lets face it, the City of Monroe is the pits.  Why we shop and dine in Adrian or Dundee. Monroe has no class.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3897 on: December 15, 2018, 11:03:43 PM »

Here is a fun fact I learned today in regards to the Nortel Fire.

Now - we have all been told that Professional Full Time Fire Departments have tremendous advantages which result in faster response times and better outcomes.  This makes sense I guess.

So clearly you would believe that the first fire department to respond to the Nortel Fire would have been the City of Monroe.  I mean - it only makes sense.  They have a full time department, and one of their stations is probably a mile or less away from the fire.

Well - if you would have bet on that - you would be wrong.

The first department I was told responded was Monroe Township, and it sounds as if they commanded the attack - despite what the paper said.  Now - Monroe Township is a voluntary department - so this just doesn't make any sense.

Now - the City of Monroe Department HAD to be second on the scene - right?  Wrong again.

The second department was Frenchtown Township.

I was told the vaunted City of Monroe department only showed up when the Monroe Township commander called them and told them that if they didn't respond and provide some relief soon - that they were going to pull out.

Now - when I heard this story - I thought no way.  This is just people spreading lies.

But then I was shown pictures of the equipment on scene - and there was Monroe Townships ladder truck attacking - and there was Frenchtown Townships ladder truck attacking.  What was missing?  The City of Monroes Ladder truck - and frankly any equipment from the City of Monroe - was no where visible.

So I ask myself - and the leadership of the City of Monroe - if you are going to by policy let the Townships fight your fires for you - then why don't you just pay them for it - and then we don't need a new 6 or 7 million dollar fire station?  Why pay people full time pay and benefits if they are just going to sit in their station while the volunteers do the work?  I tell you what - if I was a volunteer that night - I would have been peeved.

Again - the City of Monroe is lacking leadership.  They lack leadership at City Hall, and they lack leadership in Public Safety.

Sounds to me like lots of people need voted out of office and fired.

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3898 on: December 16, 2018, 06:39:58 AM »

Well, that's just it.  They need the new building then they will be more responsive and be able to fight more fires..
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260]   Go Up